Which one is better and why?

abhig

Broken In
1. Budget?
15k. But wouldn't mind exceeding to 20K if its worth.

2. Display type and size?
The bigger the better.

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
No flip.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Sony, Nokia, Samsung.
Please don't suggest Motorola or spice or lava or such Indian brands.

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
If qwerty its well and good. But won't just buy one for it.

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Flash needed. Front facing is +1.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Preferably android.

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
The more the better.

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
Any. Would be mostly running lot of gmail and gtalk and socio site(s) applications.

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Internet and usually car racing games.

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Yep. Sony Ericsson live with walkman and Neo V.

12. Any other info that you want to share
Yes. I have gone through a lot of sites to find out their specifications. And I liked both, live with walkman and Neo V. But live with walkman costs only 12-13K where as Neo V is around 17-18.

Is Neo V worth extra 5k than live with walkman?

Also, if their are some new mobiles that are going to come in the market in some days, I wouldn't mind waiting.

Edit
P.S: It should have a good battery life.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Instead of Neo V, do check Neo L. Everything same but with bigger display. OR Samsung Galaxy S Plus if you are ok with Android 2.3 (no update for it) but have better display, more internal memory and the processor is also fast (single core). Else you can have a look at Xperia Sola.

OP
A

abhig

Broken In
Neo L only has a bigger screen compared to Neo V. Also, if you go through the complete specification, you might see that there are many other things removed that were included in Neo V. So am not going Neo L definitely.

daksh

Journeyman
I would suggest over both your options you go for Xperia Sola . Though Novathor lacks in the gpu section its two cores more than compensate and provide a much faster experience than neov\l .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Neo L only has a bigger screen compared to Neo V. Also, if you go through the complete specification, you might see that there are many other things removed that were included in Neo V. So am not going Neo L definitely.

i am sure you compared the info from GSMArena. L should have almost everything that was in V. This link shows something else though Sony Xperia Neo L.

OP
A

abhig

Broken In
i am sure you compared the info from GSMArena. L should have almost everything that was in V. This link shows something else though Sony Xperia Neo L.

Please take a look at Xperia? neo L - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English) Here are the original specifications given by sony for neo l.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
You can easily get LWW for 12.5k and Neo V for 16k so the price difference is 3.5k, Neo V has got a much bigger screen so obviously its worth a price difference of that much.

OP
A

abhig

Broken In
Thanks friends. I have short-listed with these three mobiles and will buy either one.

Also, I visited a store to find out the prices and they gave me these.
Sony LWW -> 13800 INR
Sony Xperia Neo V -> 17800 INR
Sony Xperia Sola -> 18900 INR

And they seem to be a lot deviated from the prices you guys mentioned and the ones I found online. Can anyone tell me the reason for such deviation?

Also, one of them told me that Neo V has been discontinued by sony, so will it be worth buying now?

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
The prices the store have quoted you are quite high, try to do some more bargaining.
LWW should cost 12.5k or less
Neo V-16k
Sola- around 18k

Last edited:

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Instead of Neo V, do check Neo L. Everything same but with bigger display. OR Samsung Galaxy S Plus if you are ok with Android 2.3 (no update for it) but have better display, more internal memory and the processor is also fast (single core). Else you can have a look at Xperia Sola.

i have heard Neo L doesnt have FM radio (if that is a dealbreaker)

else as everyone says take a look at xperia sola or wait for samsung galaxy ace 2.

OP
A

abhig

Broken In
Thanks everyone for you suggestions and comments. After a whole lot of confusion, I am going to buy my cell phone this Wednesday and pretty much decided which one I am going to buy. But I would like to know from you all, which one would you choose from these two: HTC ONE V or the XPERIA SOLA?

OP
A

abhig

Broken In
I got it for 19.1K.

Till now it has been a wonderful device. I haven't got much time yet to explore it but all that I have done by now has been good.

Battery pack up is good enough for my kind of usage. Even after 2-3 hrs of music and 2-3 hrs of gaming the device would easily last for more than a day.

Will post more info as soon as I explore.

Top Bottom