Which Lappy to buy this Diwali?

Capt.Aditya007

Right off the assembly line
Hey folks! This is my first post on thinkdigit.com. I'm planning for a new gaming laptop this diwali. Budget is 70k. Confused between the SONY VPCCB38FN / HP dv6 6121tx / HP dv6 6165tx! I liked the Sony one because it has a backlid keyboard and a FULL HD display. But the HP one has a 2GB Dedicated graphics. Looks also matters for me. Which one should I go for? Is there any new dv6 laptop releasing by month end??

Please comment Folks! :)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Please dont write in full bold/high font size. It seems very rude and looks like a 7-year old typed the post!
Please edit the post and decrease font size.
Also, fill this template up: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-n...ionnaire-laptop-netbook-purchase-queries.html

harmik

Journeyman
Hi,
I have a similar query. Dont mean to hijack the existing thread, but didnt want to create another post unnecessarily.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
around 70K. Little flexible.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
Bangalore, India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell (I have a 2.5yr old Dell Studio 15 right now)
b. Dislike:

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Office, Multimedia, Photo/Video editing, some gaming (play COD:MW2, NFS all, Prototype, Crysis, DIRT and the types on my Studio occassionally)

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Mostly at home, occassionally travelling.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
some gaming (play COD:MW2, NFS all, Prototype, Crysis, DIRT and the types on my Studio occassionally)

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
1.5 - 2hrs even after 1.5yrs would be good.. :)

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
anyway

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 7 or None

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
1366x768 or more. FHD is not a big concern (from what i know, its too large a res. for a 15.6" screen)

After Sales Service is important. I know Dell is good in that within warranty.
Not too sure about going in for HP. Is it a safe option now with the PC division being spun off?
From what i looked around, Dell XPS15, Dell XPS15Z are good (Alienware M14x is good but tad expensive for the config). Also liked config on Asus N53SN.
Core i7, decent-good gfx card, 7200rpm HDD, backlit keyboard, sturdy build are important (a Blu-Ray - DVD Writer combo wouldnt hurt, but not essential).

Please advise. TIA !

RBX

In the zone
Try customizing a Dell XPS L502X to your preference. It although has a slower GPU compared to HP variants.

P.S. : 1 month and they are already offering a better i7 processor. :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
MSI GX683 is a gaming beast but overshoots harmik's budget by around 8k. but if you can find this locally & without all those bundled accessories, it'll cost you less than 70k.

harmik

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestions guys !
Dell XPS 15 is good, agreed..
15Z, overpriced for the config coz of looks and portability i believe..
MSI GX683, good gfx card, but not the best config for the price.. :)

A few which i liked: Dell XPS 15, HP 6121tx, HP 6165tx, Asus N55SF, Asus K53SV.
Views on them ? Any other suggestions ?
How is A.S.S. of HP, Asus, MSI etc ?

RBX

In the zone
Dell XPS 15 2nd Gen Ci7/ 6GB/ 750GB/ Win7 Home Premium Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

I wish I had seen this. Had I ordered this config at Dell Online Store, it would have costed me around (58 + 6 + 1 + 1)k; +6k for FHD +1 for 750 GB variant and, another +1 for backpack.

Top Bottom