Which language should I learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

I am going to join FY engineering from this year. I have already taken an admission in a c language course. I want to know apart from c, which webpage designing language should I learn? html, jawascript or php or is there any one better than these? Please help me. I have some knowledge in C but nothing in these 3.

Aditya

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
LAMP => Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP. This is the best combo right now.

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
aditya.shevade said:
Hi

I am going to join FY engineering from this year. I have already taken an admission in a c language course. I want to know apart from c, which webpage designing language should I learn? html, jawascript or php or is there any one better than these? Please help me. I have some knowledge in C but nothing in these 3.

Aditya
master C first then go for perl or php.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
From your post it sounds you still don't know html and javascript. You should learn those first if you haven't done so still cos they will form the basics. Later you can move on to learn CSS and PHP.

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
So I should have a minimal knowledge of html or javascript to learn php? Then it's better to master it first. What do you think?

Aditya

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
IMO sit and master HTML and JavaScript first. They are easy languages to learn. So, then when you go with php you will be confident and comfortable. HTML still forms the base of www, so it cannot be ignored IMO.

Pathik

Google Bot
html is too easy.... u can learn it in 1 day....
even i m gonna start my engg....
so after html learn c first as it ll be useful in fe...

bukaida

In the zone
Man, What ever computer language you learn, You must learn spoken english
with it in order to sustain in the industry.:) It is specially required for the fresh job seekers with non convent background.

Last edited:

Lukka

Right off the assembly line
i know a little about html...so can i start with php or do i need to perfect my html?

bukaida

In the zone
php mainly deals with html forms.So be comfortable with them first.

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
@ Bukaida

Thank you for the spoken english advise. My father has been telling me the same thing. I think I will proceed with C then html (in one day, well if pathiks can pick it up in one day why can't I?) and then javascript and php.

Thanks guys.
Aditya

Pathik

Google Bot
r u interested in wml(wap)... dont take wml too seriously cos its similar to html....also nowadays the default browsers of all mobiles support html...
also with html try a lil bit of css,xml,xhtml..... i m going the same way...
i m gonna start c now....

also 1st fe engg has lil bit of unix.... so install ny linux distro and try out the commands....

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hindi - considered to be the next major language on the net

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
That was the first time I heard that. I hope it isn't true. I hate hindi! English rules all the way!

I hope I'm not starting language wars.

To the question, i think you should learn c and then c++. so wherever you work in the IT industry it will be easy for you. c++ is easy if you know c. Also learn HTML and Javascript.

knight17

In the zone
If you want to be a web designer go for..
HTML
XHTML
XML
CSS
Javascript
AJAX
ASP
PHP etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.