Which is the best : Dial-up OR Mobile Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
My PC runs on WinXP Pro.I surf via dial-up conn. of SATYAM.But now whenever i try to connect,i gt this error message - "Error : 678.The remote computer did not respond." I call CustomerCare but they also r helpless :cry: Somebody please tell me how to solve this? Secondly,i'm planning to have AIRTEL MOBILE-OFFICE to surf web on PC.Here they charge 375K monthly for unlimited access.Is it a gud option :?: I have N70 phone connected via data-cable.I heared that connecting it via bluetooth gives more surfing speed!Is it true? Please ans. all my querries...THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES!!! :razz:

Pathik

Google Bot
MO rox....
on ur fone it ll give a dload speed of 20 kbps and a connection speed of 300+ kbps

ok........i also have this MO conn. thing but it does not work on my com.........what do i have to do in order to make it work.......i live in chandigarh.

din

Tribal Boy
I am using MO form Airtel for the last 12 months. It is not the best option but not very bad too. We will get 30-40 kbps max. Regarding connection, first you need to get it activated from Airtel. U can use any method, I mean bluetooth, cable, IR etc. For data transfer cable will be better but as the internet speed is not that much, it won't make any difference. My scheme was advance rental, that is Rs.125 per month (have to pay 12 months rental in advance). Just chk whether that scheme is still there.

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Please ans. this:
My PC runs on WinXP Pro.I surf via dial-up conn. of SATYAM.But now whenever i try to connect,i gt this error message - "Error : 678.The remote computer did not respond." I call CustomerCare but they also r helpless Somebody please tell me how to solve this?
And this too:
I have N70 phone connected via data-cable.I heared that connecting it via bluetooth gives more surfing speed!Is it true?
Majority of ppl recommend MO :wink: good!!!

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
MO provides u mobility. Speed these days is gud for MO but the rental has gone up to Rs.350p.m. So instead if mobility is not an issue, go 4 broadband

prasad_den

Padawan
Yup... If you are gonna spend ~400 bucks for MO, you can get BSNL BB for 500 p/m.. That would be a better idea..!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
it depends on what ur requirement is .... y dont u try reliance or tata's data cards ....

satyamy

Alive Again...
reddick said:
My PC runs on WinXP Pro.I surf via dial-up conn. of SATYAM.But now whenever i try to conne00 ct,i gt this error message - "Error : 678.The remote computer did not respond. :razz:
the same error occurs to me
this error occurs when their is some power failure in the line.....

Venom

Journeyman
reddick said:
i don't wana broadband.i'd settle on MO...it's better optiom i think!
:| Your opinion ofcourse.

@rahul~ - start a new thread for your query, dont tend to hijack please :]

Ishan

In the zone
reddick said:
Please ans. this:

And this too:

Majority of ppl recommend MO :wink: good!!!

no data cable will be faster than bluetooth..i read somewhere in this forum only.
I'll post the link if i'll get it.

ok got this read it..
*img352.imageshack.us/img352/9548/cabledm9.jpg

Last edited:

sanju

Journeyman
rahul_becks23 said:
can anyone help me regarding using MO on my PC
just sms for mo setting for your w550. when you receive the setting, just install it. make a internet connection in your pc using w550. for further assistance just call customer care mo.

Pathik

Google Bot
of course data cable speeds r higher than BT....
BT l give u a conn speed of 115.2 kbps and cable ll give u a conn speed of 340.xx kbps......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom