Which is the best among all these Android smartphones under 18k?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i don't have adexmart coupon but you can spend 5min googling and you'll have at least one working coupon.

And regardless of where you buy Xperia P, it'll have Mali 400 GPU but its clocked low. Thats the only way to makes it run at lower power. As processor too is power efficient, so it mayn't perform same way as other dual cores. But even if you get 90% performance but 25% more battery, this deal makes lot more sense.

Adreno is Qualcomm property. And they don't offer any kind license for it.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
That's a mistake by Sony on the website. But it's general common sense really that only Qualcomm can use Adreno GPU. Xperia P all over the world has the U8500 Nova Thor chipset which comes with Mall 400 MP1 GPU.

Xperia U, Sola and P all have the Mali 400 MP1 GPU.

coolest111

Journeyman
digit mentioned in its xperia u,sola,p post that sony is goin to end all its phones in september n come up wid a single device like apple so does that means no futher support to new xperias or any phone for that matter?

Richie Rich

Broken In
digit mentioned in its xperia u,sola,p post that sony is goin to end all its phones in september n come up wid a single device like apple so does that means no futher support to new xperias or any phone for that matter?

They may be sale these cheap phones with some different name tag. :-D
This also implies that HTC ONE series phones would have better future than Sony NXT series.

^
That's a mistake by Sony on the website. But it's general common sense really that only Qualcomm can use Adreno GPU. Xperia P all over the world has the U8500 Nova Thor chipset which comes with Mall 400 MP1 GPU.

Xperia U, Sola and P all have the Mali 400 MP1 GPU.

May be you are right, but sony india customer care is also saying it has Adreno 205. Maybe qualcomm and nova thor have some kinda deal for this phone, nothing can be common sense in the marketing world.

randomuser111

Technomancer

Mean no offense but did you read the article properly ?:confused:
Sony will be discontinuing "feature phones" by September which refers to Mix Walkman, Cedar, Zylo, Hazel, text pro handsets. Also the old Sony Ericsson handsets - Neo V, Arc S, Ray etc will also be discontinued by then.

The 2012 Xperia range will get great support just like the 2011 Xperia devices. Do not worry about future support.

And no Sony won't have just a single device like Apple. Dunno where you got that from, but that simply isn't true.

@RichieRich

Sorry but that is just a mistake and nothing more. Xperia P, U and Sola do NOT have Adreno 205 GPU. They have Mali 400 MP1 GPU. If you want I can ask someone with Xperia U,Sola, P to send a screenshot of the GPU description.

Would you believe if I told you that Audi A4 has Honda 1.5 litre 90 bhp engine ? No right ? Why ? Because not only will Audi never use a Honda Engine in its premium sedan but also because 1.5 litre engine simply isn't powerful enough for the A4.
The Xperia P is a dual core smartphone and the Adreno 205 is meant for single core handsets with the Snapdragon s2 range of chipsets.

EDIT: Just called up Sony Xperia support and asked them to rectify the error. Should be corrected soon :)

Last edited:

Richie Rich

Broken In
Mean no offense but did you read the article properly ?:confused:
Sony will be discontinuing "feature phones" by September which refers to Mix Walkman, Cedar, Zylo, Hazel, text pro handsets. Also the old Sony Ericsson handsets - Neo V, Arc S, Ray etc will also be discontinued by then.

The 2012 Xperia range will get great support just like the 2011 Xperia devices. Do not worry about future support.

And no Sony won't have just a single device like Apple. Dunno where you got that from, but that simply isn't true.

@RichieRich

Sorry but that is just a mistake and nothing more. Xperia P, U and Sola do NOT have Adreno 205 GPU. They have Mali 400 MP1 GPU. If you want I can ask someone with Xperia U,Sola, P to send a screenshot of the GPU description.

Would you believe if I told you that Audi A4 has Honda 1.5 litre 90 bhp engine ? No right ? Why ? Because not only will Audi never use a Honda Engine in its premium sedan but also because 1.5 litre engine simply isn't powerful enough for the A4.
The Xperia P is a dual core smartphone and the Adreno 205 is meant for single core handsets with the Snapdragon s2 range of chipsets.

EDIT: Just called up Sony Xperia support and asked them to rectify the error. Should be corrected soon :)

Alright, alright.. it is definitely a typo. But if talk about performance of Mali-400 MP1.. how would you compare ? Is it as powerful as Samsung Galaxy SII Mali-400?

I got the benchmarks of Xperia P :
Antutu Score = 5338
Vellamore Score = 858
Quadrant = 2179

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Samsung GSII has Mali 400 MP4 which is the quad core variant of the same GPU, so the Xperia P, U and Sola won't have similar performance as the GSII.
In Nenamark GSII scores 38 fps with WVGA resolution, and Xperia P scores 30 fps with qHD resolution. So I guess depending on the app, Xperia P has about 75-80% of the GSII GPU performance.

coolest111

Journeyman
i thot by 'feature phone' they means all phones my mistake :p

"The move certainly is an interesting one, with Apple and RIM the only two major global manufacturers to not have feature phones on the market (Apple's was 3rd place overall in 2011)"

was my premise to conclude they wil cum up with something like apple

pls post that pic to show xperia p hve mali 400 if u can just 2 b sure...

Richie Rich

Broken In
i thot by 'feature phone' they means all phones my mistake :p

"The move certainly is an interesting one, with Apple and RIM the only two major global manufacturers to not have feature phones on the market (Apple's was 3rd place overall in 2011)"

was my premise to conclude they wil cum up with something like apple

pls post that pic to show xperia p hve mali 400 if u can just 2 b sure...

Xperia P response is not coming quite good, not only because the battery is below average but also having death grip issue mentioned by cnet reviewer. :-o

CNET explained death grip issue

Last edited:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Oh please, not iCNET review. They are the most biased and crappy tech site ever.

And again these people at Cnet do nothing but search for whatever weakness they can find and mention it in their review as if they did encounter the issue themselves.

Much like the Iphone 4s vs Xperia S camera showdown which got them a lot of angry responses as they clearly made the Xperia s look bad.

Anyways just like I mentioned earlier in another thread, Xperia P has no deathgrip issues. Only if you block the transparent bar completely 360 degrees you might lose a bar or two but even then you won't lose signal completely

I am mentioning what I have read from actual buyers and people who have actually used the phone for quite some time and not some apple biased tech site that doesn't even know how to review a product.

But of course at the end of the day its up to you whom you wanna believe. Cnet or real users.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Only if you block the transparent bar completely 360 degrees you might lose a bar or two but even then you won't lose signal completely

if you use Xperia P, your palm will cover the back side and you finger the front. So maybe it'll have some sort of deathgrip. Even though the signal strength may drop by 1-2 bar but in low network area, this will cause problem. though for most this shouldn't be an issue at all. at times even software fixes this problem upto a certain extent.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Nope actual users have not experienced any such issues :). At worst, the signal drops by 1 bar. But then Xperia P has much better signal reception and call quality than most other Android devices, especially HTC One Series which have poor signal reception and signal drop problems

You can read what actual have to say about the "deathgrip" in the Xperia P thread under Xperia S general forum on XDA.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
xcept the htc one v, the rest of the htc's are out of question coz they wont get ics...
check out sony xperia sola it is bang for the buck...only thing missing is secondary camera( if that is a dealbreaker)
otherwise get the sony ericsson xperia neo v...

Richie Rich

Broken In
xcept the htc one v, the rest of the htc's are out of question coz they wont get ics...
check out sony xperia sola it is bang for the buck...only thing missing is secondary camera( if that is a dealbreaker)
otherwise get the sony ericsson xperia neo v...

HTC one V, S, X all are with ICS and 4.0 HTC Sense

And HTC India confirmed that these models will get ICS update soon with HTC Sense 3.6 :

HTC Desire S – June-July
HTC Desire HD – July-August
HTC Evo 3D – June-July
HTC Evo 4G+ – May-June
HTC Evo Design 4G – June-July
HTC Incredible S – June-July
HTC Sensation – March-June
HTC Sensation 4G – March-June
HTC Sensation XE – March-June
HTC Sensation XL – April-June
HTC Rezound – June-July
HTC Rhyme – June-July
HTC Thunderbolt – July-August
HTC Velocity 4G – March-June
HTC Vivid – March-June

HTC One V has much better camera and screen quality than Neo V but no secondary camera. Xperia Sola lacks memory card slot.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Xperia U lacks memory card slot, Xperia Sola has memory card slot ;)

LOL and why would "HTC India" mention models that aren't even sold in India :-o

Except for Sensation, Desire S, Desire HD, Evo 3D, Sensation XE, Sensation XL all the other phones are US only handsets.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
and for ur enlightenment ,xperia sola does have a memory card slot!!!

i dont prefer htc's because sense ,though beautiful comes with a lot of bloatware!!!

Top Bottom