Which is better??Nokia 701 or Samsung Omnia W??

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi folks,
I am soon going to buy a Smartphone and want to get the best one under 16k-18k. I've narrowed to Nokia 701 and Samsung Omnia W!
The mobile phone should be Future proof for somewhat 2 years!

vaibhav

Right off the assembly line
Omnia W as it has a better screen (super amoled) and a front camera. And most probably you wont like to use any of them till two years as none of the current devices can upgrade to wp8 due to a major kernel change and all of them already use dated hardware. Even a galaxy s with ics scores more in browser benchmarks.

Tamoghno

Padawan
dont go by specifications alone . nokia 701 (not lumia 710) have extremely vibrant and bright screen. its one of the best screen under direct sunlight and remains perfectly legible . also this phone is quite fast, camera is crazy fast , have great multimedia capability.

that said ,IMO the best phone in that budget will be HTC one V. both Omnia W and 701 have OS that will be outdated in 6-12 months. omnia W wont get windows phone 8 and 701 dont have very good app supports . go with One V , i'm pretty sure it'll be good for 1-2 years atleast , until Andriod jelly bean catches up.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want t o get a windows phone then get Omnia otherwise I would suggest you to get android phone, you have a got a lot of options in your budget like Incredible S, Desire S, Neo V and One V

subushady

Right off the assembly line
Samsung Omnia W. Recently my friend got it and I checked it out. Awesome display and very smooth OS. Also the windows marketplace is growing at a fast pace and MS will surely pump enough money into this.

Thanks,
Subu.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Is omniaw better than nokia 701 in terms of gaming performance?

Omnia W has a better OS... better than Symbian, not Android...

There are a few games, but not really on par with Android or iOS. I have a Samsung Focus. Need for Speed on that phone runs very smoothly, but graphics leave much to be desired...

You have Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja and a few other famous games...

As for jailbreaking, I have interop unlocked my Samsung Focus. Don't know if that same method might work for Omnia W...

Top Bottom