Which Graphic Card

n.tech7

Broken In
My PC configuration is as under :
Motherboard : Asus P5KPL-AM/PS (FSB 1600 Overclocked)
Microprocessor : Intel Core 2 duo 2.93 Ghz
RAM : Zion 4 GB DDR2
HDD : Seagate 500 GB SATA 2 7500 RPM
Cabinet : Foxin with 500 W power supply
UPS : iBall Nirantar 500VA
Speakers : Old 2.0 Speakers.
LG DVD writer
Monitor : LG Anti glare 20 " TFT
Graphic Card : XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350
Blutooth dongle

Want to know which Graphic Card in future I should upgrade to for gaming?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HD6990 or GTX590 if you have an unlimited budget. else post your budget & we'll suggest your accordingly.

20" monitor with generic psu, get an HD5670 512mb its around 4.5-4.8k

a generic psu won't guarantee complete safety even with a low-power card like the 5670.

he should go for psu+gpu upgrade if he wants to be safe.

let's wait for his reply, however.

HD6990 or GTX590 if you have an unlimited budget. else post your budget & we'll suggest your accordingly.

Sam, 6990 or 590 coupled with his proccy will be like elephant riding a bicycle.
Overload!!! :mrgreen:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
it was indeed a joke. i really hate to reply to those peoples who just want the best without any budget. what do they think. we'll suggest to go for a grandma's time graphics card or any such thing. & when you give a suitable suggestion, they'll start arguing that a 2nd card (which they prefer) is better. and when the dust settles, you'll see they grabbed a old, overpriced card cause thats the one their (sweet) shopkeeper suggested to be the BEST.

thats why i stopped posting in the buying advice threads cause in the end most go for what their shopkeepers suggested & not the ones we told them to buy, wasting our valuable time.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I second your view - on some other thread someone asked for a gfx card under 5k and when everybody made their suggestions the guy decided to buy a Xbox 360
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-c...d-under-5k-e6300-946gz-combo.html#post1343488

@ OP - tell us about your BUDGET - or if you have unlimited budget wait and get either GTX590 or HD6990 with a Corsair Pro Gold Series 1200W PSU.

Last edited:

Sonicbom

Lust 4 speed !
Hello guy's :)
I m too looking for to buy gpu for my pc.
my pc spec's are as follow
Cpu : Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93ghz
Hard disk : 320gb Seagate
Ram : (1+1)gb 667mhz Dynite
Cabinet : ATX
Motherboard : Gigabyte
GA-G31M-ES2L version 1.1
Monitor : Viewsonic va 19inch widescreen
So which type of gpu will suite my board and cpu without getting bottle necked but should be able to play game like nfs shift prostreet .
Ya I m on shoestring budget.
So which one to opt for.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
If u are having unlimited budget then get ASUS ARES :razz:

Asus ares is old hat now. At less than half the price, a 6990 & 6970cf can beat it black and blue. So will a 6950cf at even lower costs. Doesn't make any sense now.

@ Sonicbom

Which psu do you have? Mention your budget so we can suggest accordingly.

Sonicbom

Lust 4 speed !
it's a 400w psu . And have iball nirantar ups something 600v. My budget is of 2k rupees only.

When I asked at a pc shop they say's ddr3 nd above type gpu will not work on my pc. Is it true ?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Your dealer is bluffing. Your pc is compatible even with gddr5 vram.

Get a ZOTAC GT210 @ 2.2k. Best for the budget.

kamal_saran

android lover
it was indeed a joke. i really hate to reply to those peoples who just want the best without any budget. what do they think. we'll suggest to go for a grandma's time graphics card or any such thing. & when you give a suitable suggestion, they'll start arguing that a 2nd card (which they prefer) is better. and when the dust settles, you'll see they grabbed a old, overpriced card cause thats the one their (sweet) shopkeeper suggested to be the BEST.

thats why i stopped posting in the buying advice threads cause in the end most go for what their shopkeepers suggested & not the ones we told them to buy, wasting our valuable time.

sam bro i really like your view. Specially that shopkeeper part :D

Top Bottom