girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
Re: whihc fone to buy after N95 8GB

@krazzy
he needs to have money to buy his next phone

Pathik

Google Bot

Dude if you are tired of using the n95 then you ll be bored of the Viewty in about 2 weeks max. Rather get the iPhone or any Android based fone when it launches. If you want something cheaper, get the e6.

fully agree with pathik.
the N95 8GB is one of the best available now.
you better get something unconventional like E6, iPhone, or Android when it comes.
Because N95 8gig is one of the best conventional stuff out there.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

yup EDGE is a must hav feature.
now i'll let u guys into a secret.
i'm very pissed off with my N95 8GB.doesnt hav any probs as such but for the past 1 month,i'm having this prob:
sometimes the fone hangs,crashes or reboots itself when connected to usb in PC Suite mode and the craziest thing is that it makes the pc crash too.(get a BSOD).tried in 3 pcs and 4 lappies,and all give BSOD).sometimes the fone just wont detect the USB Data cable.have to take out the battery and reboot for USB detection.
Nokia care guys just reflash the firmware when i had reported this prob (twice).but they just wont acknowledge that the fone has a hardware prob.
every month i do d/l to the kind of 10-15GB.

so wat sud i do now?

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

i'm using v15.0.015.afaik its the latest.so ur r suggesting that i sud stay with my present fone and not buy the Viewty?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

Yeah keep it. Then later you can directly upgrade to either P5 or the X1 when they're launched.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

just now i took apart my N95 8GB to hav a look at its internals.it has a very cool looking PCB.located the procy and ram but cudnt locate the 8GB flash mem.
procy is ARM and ram is 128MB from Elpida.bot r located below the cam module,1st the ram and then the procy.
dont hav another cam, so cudnt take pics.

@krazzy i expect the X1 to cost bout 35k.wont hav that much money to buy X1.
anyways now the warranty for my N95 8GB stands null and void, though i dont think those Nokia care guys will be abl;e to catch it.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

then go for the p5i when it comes out in september...

symbian uiq 3.3
vga screen
5mp cam
vga recording
wifi
gps
touch screen

and many more...

as i have always maintained by my usage of a symbian phone..good enuf for a few months of usage..mayb 4..but after that..thew phone starts to falter..newaz..just my view from xperience.

gopz

In the zone

Now that you have ripped it apart and there is no warranty, how will you sell it? It would be difficult to find a buyer :(

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

^^^ it doesnt matter buddy even if no1 buys the fone the RPG CellCom guys will surely buy it.
no probs there.

magneticme200

In the zone

i dnt think ne phne which can really surpass the excellence that the n95 8gb has set, as for nw..!!

so just wait...and let another champion to arrive before this champion loses its position..!

reddick

Mobile Freak

Go 4 SE P1i
Must buy phone with all the great features u r looking for :cool:

User Name

In the zone

I think u should go for the phone which is maximum mod able.so u will not get bored with one phone.
afaik Motorola phones r max mod able.So think of it

Head Banger

Journeyman

Hold your money bro,there is no good phone atm which can surpass N95.Wait for atleast 5-6 months.

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Don't go for viewty, it has a pathetic touch screen.

Wait for the N96 or X1.

By the way bro, same here for me. Got bored of the phone so got an MotoQ9h for a change.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ tried the Viewty for a day,but went for the Samsung SGH-i710 mainly cuz of the Intel XScale 416MHz procy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom