Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Can any of u tell me which is the best Firewall.Is it Zone Alarm Pro/Segate/Kerio or some other???

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
ZoneAlarm has many issues.. Its bloat too. Try and take a peek into their forums.. For the best firewall, you can try Outpost (paid), Jetico (free)..

forever

filth is me
ZA takes a lot of processing memory.
@kalpik
i have heard of outpost , is it light on resources ?
and can i run 2 firewalls or antivirus at the same time, wont that coz a conflict, ive never tried it tho..

mohit

The Hardware Labs
dont try running 2 security products such as 2 a/v and 2 firewalls at the same time .. they will definitely conflict and also we guys cant cope with 1 single solution due to the high resource consumption .. dont know how slow 2 of each will make ur system.

Firewall = ZAP > Outpost ... both are good but ZAP is a lil easier to configure.

By the way if you are using ZAP and if by chance your antivirus is Kaspersky then you might have some issues with system stability. I have never been able to use ZAP + Kaspersky together without facing probs. and I have seen numerous people having that same problem.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Zone Alarm is an excellent firewall for amateurs but for advanced users (by which I mean those who understand complex details of IPs and ports, etc), there are better software which give more configurability. I have heard that Outpost is one such excellent software but I am not an expert. Even for amateurs, I would recommend Kerio Personal Firewall over Zone Alarm because it is more configurable. For instance, it is easier to get Kerio to work with P2P software such as eMule than with ZA... However, to use Kerio it is better to have a basic ideas of IPs and ports and the like which is not that essential for ZA (more of a layman's tool)

Arun

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
I think Outpost is gr8, though ZA isnt bad at all. Currently, I am using Outpost Pro 3.51, and i find it superb It takes a bit of knowledge to craete custom rules for the firewall, but thats not a Herculean Task. also, Outpost provides a better UI than the YELLOW UI of ZA. Also, its not much on the firewall, but more on the user as to how he configures it....thats what i feel

Soorya

Broken In
Another vote for ZA. If you've a single computer connected to network, just the Personal (free) edition is good. But when you need to share two systems, you need to get pro version.

GARY~GEEK

Right off the assembly line
Zone alarm is not at all the recommended one. the best option i recomend is to go for Norton internet security. Once it has been installed and if u r using windows xp make sure u r able to browse. if every thing is fine, make sure you update the u,r Norton internet security regularly and also install MS anti spyware. as the Norton internet security is not only the secure one allways try to to do an online virus and spyware scan. u can try from the following web site............................

*www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/home.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom