Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
well i hav been using zonealarm since last 2 yrs and its preety decent.i'll suggest u zonealarm.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
mohit said:
if you are using ZAP and if by chance your antivirus is Kaspersky then you might have some issues with system stability. I have never been able to use ZAP + Kaspersky together without facing probs. and I have seen numerous people having that same problem.

well buddy i have been using za pro plus kaspersky since last one year without any issues !

ashfame

Padawan
I use Avast 4 Pro antivirus & Windows xp sp2 in-built firewall.
Earlier i had used norton so no other need for me.
But for now, whts ur review about windows firewall.
Suggest me the best firewall thats light on resources in two categories :
1. freeware
2. trial-ware
Is there any firewall better than ZA.
thanks in advance

sakumar79

Technomancer
The best free firewall is Kerio Personal Firewall recommended by experts... It is even better than ZA (may be not better than ZA Pro though)... Among Paid firewalls, ZA Pro is the best. This info was in a comparitive study-review I read recently, will try to post the link if I find it again soon...

Arun

ashfame

Padawan
@prankie
mine is a P4 2.8Ghz with 256MB DDR RAM & run win xp sp2.
I use avast 4 pro, Will ZA slow my pc to some extent?

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I am sure nobody here is going to love my choice
I use Windows XP SP2 firewall on my BB connection. It has been working fine for me for more than 1 year with Avast. And I am able to do some basic configuration.
Importanly it the most light and 90% of users use only basic options of a firewall meaning that it is best suited to many of us out there

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
ashfame said:
@prankie
mine is a P4 2.8Ghz with 256MB DDR RAM & run win xp sp2.
I use avast 4 pro, Will ZA slow my pc to some extent?
No, it won't.
ZA takes a considerable time to load when you boot the PC but uses negligible amount of resources once it is up and running. :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, of course!
I mean, the Windows XP SP2 firewall is NOTHING when compared to ZoneAlarm. ZoneAlarm is the best firewall at present. And that's why it's worth upgrading to it.
If you have DIGIT's 'Fast Track to Virus Proof your PC', have a look at what they have to say about ZoneAlarm Security Suite (it was the second fast track).

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Zone alarm rules.......over digit provides updates every month.......so headache of getting form net :)

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
for 256mb RAM think before u buy it (if at all u will...)

it mainly depends on the kinda activity u do on the net

and if u have always on BB then maybe

i would advice against it..if u have no plans to upgrade ur RAM

busyanuj

In the zone
try BlackICE PC Protection.

It's a good firewall.

and preferably run just one firewall at a time. running two won't exactly doubly protect you from probes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom