Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
^^not at all recommended... as anuj already said using 2 firewalls want doubly protect u .. instead u may face issues.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Having two firewalls is not necessary... Unless there are some features that you NEED in each that is not available in other... The main problem with having two firewalls is that everytime you will get double queries... That is, if you install a new program and then it tries to access the net, you will have to allow it on both firewalls to allow it access... This is only an inconvenience and not really a major issue...

Currently, I have PC-Cillin Internet Security as well as Kerio Personal Firewall (I am not convinced with PC-Cillin's Firewall protection... I guess I could turn it off but I have 512 MB RAM and dont find the performance pinch) Also, things work fine in general without conflicts...

Arun

Gaurav

In the zone
zonealarm version 6 is not compatible with windows xp professional sp-2. After install it generates a validation error and doesnot load into the system tray and does'nt protect the system after the error. There's a solution for this on their forum but that too does'nt work.
Shifted to Outpost and satisfied :). it's better than zonealarm.

royal

Padawan
hey Gaurav

I've been using ZA Pro 6 for quite some time with XP Pro SP2...But I have not faced any such problem :confused:

alienspiesu

Journeyman
ZoneAlarm n nuthin else..
here is the latest update link for it if u hav instaled a lower version..
all the best
*www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/zass/whatsNew.jsp?lid=home_whats_new

Gaurav

In the zone
Attaching the screenshots of the problem which i faced after installing ZA v6 on my machine havnig winxp pro with sp-2. Please have a look at those errors, and suggest me whether to install it or not (currently using outpost firewall v3.5)

lyroj

Broken In
GARY~GEEK said:
Zone alarm is not at all the recommended one. the best option i recomend is to go for Norton internet security. Once it has been installed and if u r using windows xp make sure u r able to browse. if every thing is fine, make sure you update the u,r Norton internet security regularly and also install MS anti spyware. as the Norton internet security is not only the secure one allways try to to do an online virus and spyware scan. u can try from the following web site............................

*www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/home.htm

norton is system hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZA is a freeware and does a pretty good job.
its pro version(paid one) is good one to go for.
the latest version with anti-spyware is the one to go for.
if you have a genuine winXP OS,then go for installing WINDOWS LIVE ONE CARE with windows defender. this is free for 90 days. available on microsioft website.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Gaurav said:
Attaching the screenshots of the problem which i faced after installing ZA v6 on my machine havnig winxp pro with sp-2. Please have a look at those errors, and suggest me whether to install it or not (currently using outpost firewall v3.5)
You already have the best firewall installed (Outpost) dont even think of switching to ZA. ZA is crap.

royal

Padawan
kalpik said:
You already have the best firewall installed (Outpost) dont even think of switching to ZA. ZA is crap.

you really think so ? :confused:

I have been using ZA 6 pro for quite some time now and without any problem :D ... I was thinking of shifting to ZA pro 6.5

b4 doing that I would like to give outpost a try ... after all it never hurts to have a better product :p

Gaurav

In the zone
royal said:
you really think so ? :confused:

I have been using ZA 6 pro for quite some time now and without any problem :D ... I was thinking of shifting to ZA pro 6.5

b4 doing that I would like to give outpost a try ... after all it never hurts to have a better product :p

You know why people prefer ZA because it's UI is very simple and easy to understand., outpost is also a good firewall(but it's UI is not that easy to understand). I was using ZA 5.5 earlier but after upgrading to winxp pro sp2 I had to shift to outpost because ZA was giving this validation failed problem.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
~Phenom~ said:
ZA and avast are intercompatible.

sorry but still till date , they r incompatible , my ZAP doesn't recognise AVAST .

but still i use both and in terms of protecting my PC , it's the best combination , because it is least resourse hungry plus i use spywareblaster and regularly scan my pc with spybot and adaware ,,, so my computer , i hope is 100 % secure now , even though i had migrated back from win xp sp2 to simple win xp without any special pack to keep things light !!!!!

Last edited:

TechGuru#1

In the zone
ZA doesNOt gell with my Macafee AntiVirus Suite.....Not compatible!

So what Best Firewall for Macafee AntiVirus users??

Curently using Macafee Firewall but that is a TRIAL!

godsownman

Padawan
I would recommend Zone Alarm only.

Right now I am using the all in one Zone Alarm Internet Security Suit. ( Firewall, anitvirus, Spyware).

Its good.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
TechGuru#1 said:

Repeating that. HELP yaars!

lyroj

Broken In
TechGuru#1 said:

i use ZA pro with mcafee virusscan enterprise 8.0,i dont have problems with it.it works well.
i u find problems u can shift to outpost,it is a good firewall bt u need pretty good knowledge to config it.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
ZoneAlarm is the best firewall. ZoneAlarm Pro is a trial version (will run for 15 days).
Although it consumes lot of resources , it protects you well enough. No second thoughts!! ZA is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom