Which course after BTECH

Status
Not open for further replies.

jishnu001

Broken In
Iam a final semester student of btech in IT(CUSAT) in IHRD.I have an aggregate percentage of 62.Iam planning for new courses after btech.Iam going to be passed out by 2009 august-sep.My exams will be over by he middle of april.Wgich course should i choose iam from kerala .I have RHCE and PGDIT from CDAC(6 months) in my mind.Iam not planning for MTECH OR MBA now.ISo please tell me which course should i choose that will help me in getting good jobs .As we all know we are facing a big financial crisis now please tell me the courses that i can choose which will boost my career .

Jishnu b

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Do you know that 62% aggregate is a really pathetic mark!! Sorry for being rude here, but it won't do any good if you want a booming career.

Forget about RHCE and PGDIT. Take GATE course and attend GATE exam for M.Tech (held in February of every year). Concentrate on your studies and get the best you can out of M.Tech.

There are thousands of RHCE's and similar certified engineers in the industry and nobody takes freshers these days and nobody is leaving for other jobs, thanks to the recession.

M.Tech or MS is the best (only) way for you in current situation.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
FYI, thanks to financial crisis, doing higher studies is the best thing now.

Last edited:
OP
J

jishnu001

Broken In
yes percentage is too low i too know it but my technical and programming knowledge are good.Any way its my fault i didnt took btech seriously during my early days.What about mba ?I have a good mat score .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
MBA too is a good option, and again, it depends on which univ you get into and how you perform.

PS: What ever degree you want to do, do take it seriously. Show improvement and that will be recognized well in interviews.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
its ok , it seems me too in the same stage dude , i am now final year MCA & am RHCE certified holder its waste as am fresher

mtech is also poor these days so go MS , but MS is costly .

OP
J

jishnu001

Broken In
I t hought about rhce and any other php certified courses .I will get 3 months after my exams till reults .After that i heard about pgdit in cdac.What is your opinion about this .

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
actually if u want to perform well & good , to earn more salary concentrate on the higher level of certifications like RHCSS , CCIE , CISA , CISSP , SCP , like that its truly worth but u have to study more & more

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
CCIE, CISA, CISSP???

Do you know how much experience is needed to do these courses.

@Jishnu, forget about all these courses. You have 3months between exams and results, do freelance coding. You can find lot of such wesites (for Freelance coding). Imporove the skills that B.Tech in IT gave you. B.Tech (IT) is a very powerful degree and if you want to do justice to it, go for software programming job!!!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@ desiibond

i am preparing for the CCIE - switching & routing but the exam only 83000/- hard

the young CCIE from INDIA do u know bro ??? AGE 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom