Which connection is this ?

bubusam13

Human
Yesterday at IIT Guwahati I downloaded Windows Server 2008 90 day trial from microsoft site. It is about 1.8 GB and it got downloaded in 3 mins. I want to know which internet connection is this ? I am willing to pay for such a connection. At such speed I dont need any Gigabytes terabytes of Hard Disk. The whole internet will be my hard disk. At home I use BSNL EVDO which download speed at IDM is about 40KB/S:shock:

mitraark

Decrepit
I think Everyone here would be willing to pay for such a connection if it was feasible. The conection is very high bandwith { 75+ mbps } and such connections are only provided to large institutions and offices , which everyone shares.

1.8 GB in 3 minutes = 1800 MB in 180 sec = 10MB/s = 80 mbps connection :O

Check out the Speedtest link in my Signature , it is from NIT Durgapur . I have even got myself a premium account to utilise the speed , making the most out the facilty while it lasts :D

mitraark

Decrepit
Example - TULIP - Leading MPLS/VPN provider in India

Here 10 Mbps Internet at Rs.60,000 per month , 75 mbps can be safely be assumed to be around Rs 5,00,000 per month.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
we use a tulip 5 Mbps link i think they charge 90,000(not sure because payment is make from Ho Kolkata) & they provide a link to Ho no internet for inter net we use a different setup

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
I enquired its BSNL fiber optic line specially for IIT and they wont provide such connection to any. The link is capable of 1Gbps Bandwidth if needed. I know an SDO at BSNL whom I met during summer training. He told me this.

HEy... can someone answer how to be an ISP then ?? Ha ha... numerous ISP s are coming these days. If I own my own ISP, then jinga la la.... ha ha

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You will have to get a leased line from BSNL which will cost a lot. Then find customers so that you donot run on losses and then get yourself a connection.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, since you are in Guwahati, as far as I know there is no choice atleast for you :D
BTW, after you are done setting it up I will take a connection as well
Hope you give me a non FUP 2 MBPS connection at a *minimal* rate :wink:

Top Bottom