• Pune

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger_02in

Right off the assembly line
Hi Ppl,
I am in Infy Bhubaneswar and hv gt bored with this city after spending 3 yrs here. I am lookin for relocation and Bang, Hyd and Pune r on my list. Guys plz tell which will be the best option fr me and why.

Note - I m frm Kolkata bt m nt home sick at all. And m single ;)

Thanks,

Bandu

Journeyman
Infy Bangalore - no doubts about that choice. I've been there for about a year. It's the best Infy campus (after Mysore of course, but Mysore is only for trainees, I guess).

Bandu

Journeyman
^Infy does not have any office in Mumbai, except for a small (4/5 employee) sales branch at Nariman point.

Oh... and BTW, I forgot to answer the "Why" part.

Couple of reasons that I can think of:

1. Bangalore office does most of the R&D and mainstream work as compared to others. I may be wrong though. Thats my perspective and observation. Although not a direct Infy employee, I'd worked there as a consultant.

2. I am not sure about what Hyd office does. Mostly SAP and other stuff I guess. And AFAIK, Pune is just testing department. So it all also depends on your profile.

3. Climate, weather, nature, and all that - if it appeals to you.

4. Most importantly, you'd love the canteens at Bangalore campus. Gotta love'em all. And on week ends - you've got the best South Indian restaurants out there in the South - all the Shanthi-Sagars and Shiv-Sagars <- best ones you can find anywhere in the South. Damn! miss'em. Will fly to BLR for just those on my next visit to India :)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
U r from KOLKATA.
Hmmmmmm........

Chennai??? Kaya khayega be??

Go to bangalore/hyd and b4 that learn cooking:rolleyes:;):D

ur taste bud wont just accustom with the food provided those places. Thats d reason I'm advising u to learn cooking.

OP
S

stinger_02in

Right off the assembly line
i really love all kinds of food....maybe its because i hate cookin...hehe
bt the voting seems decisive...bangalore its gonna b fr me....
i ws expectin tht many ppl will also say pune....
i also like touring n driving a lot.....r there places to visit around bangy which cn b covered in the weekends? shud hv gud driving roads...

Bandu

Journeyman
Yup, there are a lot of places in and around Bangalore that can be covered on week ends - Mysore, Banerghatta, Nandi hills, Shivanasamudra and others.

S

sharath_vashisht

come to bangalore dude....... nice place.............. gud food............. nice places nearby.... u'll enjoy.....

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Well I have been to Infy blore for 4 months Training ..IMO Blore traffic totally sucks..also rent price is too much high with stupid 11 month advance contract ......... means if u r taking 10k house pm rent u have to pay 1.10 lakhs as advance :x

Also its overcrowded ...

I had been to INfy Pune for 1.5 yrs and Pune totally rocks !! Just buy a bike and roam around FC Road, MG Road, JM Road, Koregaon Park etc etc

Eat Punjabi Paranthe @ Chaitanya FC Road or Kothrud

PUNE ROCKS !!! Go there

U can also choose HYD as I have heard its gud too (rent wise , city wise) but dont ever go to Blore or Chennai

And AFAIK, Pune is just testing department. So it all also depends on your profile.
Have u ever been to Infy Pune ????? How can you say that ? I am from testing but apart from testing all development in BFSI, Telecom etc verticals are there !
First take data from some reliable source and then comment !

Last edited:

Bandu

Journeyman
^Thats why I said AFAIK. I have been to Infy Pune too (not for work though) and the testing thing was something someone told me when I was in BLR. Sorry, if that mislead someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom