Which 150CC bike ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
that yamaha ... is that R15 or R50 you talking ??

its great .. but its like 1 lack !! also not for me !! it looks scary ! dual disk brakes and high power !
dude, dual disk brake means TWO Disks at front (or rear) ;) (the ones on super bikes).

r15 has disk brakes at front & rear (what you tried to say).

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yamaha FZ 150.

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/5987/fz150blueba2.th.jpg

Here is few details on Yamaha’s another 150cc FZ which will be launched around Diwali this year. Unlike the YZF R15 ( sports bike) this one is a macho street fighter. FZ 150cc is inspired from FZ1000cc bike. Also unlike the YZF R15, FZ 150 will have only an air cooled engine but that means it is friendly to your wallet.

this will be cheaper than R15:p

*www.xbhp.com/talkies/showthread.php?t=15529&page=7

Last edited:

eureca_eureca

In the zone
in 150cc range no bike can compete unicorn , as said its gear shifts are extremely smooth compared to rtr or pulsar .

Engine runs very silent ..wanna test it ur self , keep the bykes started with pulsar or apace u wont hear the presence of uni besides :)

i Never had to spent extra except pay for the oil changes :)

Looks can be boring with un matching vinyls remove them if possible leaving only the honda logo on tank ..
Also
alloys no were near matching the byke

If the looks dont bother u ...there is no other byke as good as uni

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'd suggest Hunk. It looks great and also has good performance and fuel economy. Ride and handling is also terrific. Plus unlike Pulsar it not a common sight on the streets and attracts quite a number of eyeballs.

axxo

99.9% Idle
which bike is tallest among all the 150cc bikes?? and anyidea when yamaha fz150 going to be lauched in India?

chicha

High without substance...
i have unicorn and i tell you its the best choice i have made so far in my life. its worth all the money the new one looks nice with 3D logo on the tank.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I got an RTR.
Tallest no idea.
May be Pulsar.

Definitely not RTR, Unicorn or Karizma.
All the bikes are almost the same.

R15 is small though.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I've got the first generation Unicorn and I still love it :) Its 3rd birthday is coming up in just a few months!!

chicha

the first gen unicorn had very good golden wing on the tanks and the second gen had some extra logos to it, the 3rd gen had few changes like mag wheels and the worst of all is that the support at the rear end of the seat is narrowed down which is really bad it looks like boring pulsar. the 4th gen unicorn is going to be launched soon it i heard has 3D logo on the tank. i really hope it does not have the fate of pulsars. here in bangalore all the stickers on pulsars keep getting flicked or defaced.

chicha

in 150cc range no bike can compete unicorn , as said its gear shifts are extremely smooth compared to rtr or pulsar .

Engine runs very silent ..wanna test it ur self , keep the bykes started with pulsar or apace u wont hear the presence of uni besides :)

i Never had to spent extra except pay for the oil changes :)

Looks can be boring with un matching vinyls remove them if possible leaving only the honda logo on tank ..
Also
alloys no were near matching the byke

If the looks dont bother u ...there is no other byke as good as uni

dude unicorn is by far the best looking bike in county today. and the vinlys are not that bad but the bike did look better with out them(1st gen) i have a 2nd Gen and its still looks great the 3rd gen is the one which is not as good as the first 2. i hope the 4th gen will be better. and hopefully i will be buying a honda 800cc :D in say 5years from now. :D(if all goes well)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
The 1st gen was a real beauty.. I got it in Oct '05, just a few days before the 2nd gen was launched, which had those ugly graphics (IMHO). The 3rd gen looks great too, sply with those black alloys. But Honda shouldn't have changed the rear grab-rail. It was quite unique, almost looked like a rear spoiler :D

axxo

99.9% Idle
Guyz am seriously thinking of getting a pulsar 150. I need a bike which is tall enough to complement my 6 feet height. Unicorn looks not attractive atleast for me...apache too short. Hunk has got bad headlights, horn, gearbox problem. pulsar looks like a overall good bike now.

chicha

i am 6feet too and i do pulsar looks small when i am on it, and i have a unicorn which is perfect the looks are very good too, and hunk is the worst looking bike in india.for me atleast.

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Guyz am seriously thinking of getting a pulsar 150. I need a bike which is tall enough to complement my 6 feet height. Unicorn looks not attractive atleast for me...apache too short. Hunk has got bad headlights, horn, gearbox problem. pulsar looks like a overall good bike now.

At six feet, you might have hard time tucking in your thighs beside the nut-shell! ;)

Fashionable is not always comfortable and don't forget the ol' saying - don't judge a book by it's cover..

Anyhow, would you buy something, which everyone has? There are less crows than black pulsars, at-least at my place! :D

A close look at the minor parts, usually not noticed parts, like foot-pegs, etc.. on pulsy, apy, and uni will tell you something about the build-quality...

In every other bike, I don't seem to like either than tail, or the head-light or, the body... but, with Uni, I find it perfect from all sides.... but, yeah beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder..

Also, if you need the best mileage in 150cc segment, look no further than Uni, but of course you'll need to sacrifice a bit power...

A test-ride is a must before your decide and at the end of the day of testing remember one thing, Honda is Honda...

If you can wait until Diwali and mileage ain't an issue for you even after 5Rs. hike (maybe another 5 by then), you can wait for bikes like Yamaha R15, FZ150, Honda Stunner (125cc) and few more surprising stuffs..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Unicorn is a commuter bike, while pulsar's a performance + comm. bike.

pulsar is more peppier than uni.

unicorn ~ splendour

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^:|
ya.

so you're saying uni is peppier than pulsar?

uni tops out at 101kmph, while pulsar goes 115+ & in every gear pulsar is faster.

Unicorn was desgined for general public, not youngsters.... so thats why its so slow. all honda wanted was sales figure, if 150cc givs 55kmpl, then it'll sell.

go ride a cbz ext. & then a uni, both use same engine, note the diff. :|

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^:|
ya.

so you're saying uni is peppier than pulsar?

uni tops out at 101kmph, while pulsar goes 115+ & in every gear pulsar is faster.

Unicorn was desgined for general public, not youngsters.... so thats why its so slow. all honda wanted was sales figure, if 150cc givs 55kmpl, then it'll sell.

go ride a cbz ext. & then a uni, both use same engine, note the diff. :|

A lot of Pulsar riders/racers hv been pwnd by me, so I guess it depends on the abilities of the rider :D
As for the top speed, u'll hardly ever touch it under normal conditions. Even at 100kph, the Uni feels stable and under control, however. If u consider acceleration, the Uni is faster than the Pulsar 150 in reaching 60kph from a standstill. And most important of all are the roll-on figures, even more important than the acceleration, which put the Uni in a class of its own. I'm not stating these from my own mind, I've read it in loads of comparative reviews. On the Uni, u can ride in the 5th gear all day long without downshifting, all the way down to 20kph. And any Uni owner will swear by the smoothness of the engine and the quality that is undeniably Honda :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom