Which 150CC bike ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I wanted to buy a bike in the range of 65k !!

how is Apache RTR ? does it have resale value as that of pulsar ?
coz i will mostly sell the bike after 2-3 years mostly ...!!

mostly will go for a black pulsar 150cc dtsi !! :)

any suggestion and idea guys ? i am total biking newb .. LOL

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
65k?
pulsar 150 = 62k
pulsar 180= 64k:p

pulsar suffers some quality issue & gear box is not that good. (ride a honda unicorn & see the diif. in gear change;) )
pulsar has the features.

take test ride of all the 150cc bikes:))
unicorn, rtr, hunk...

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
uh ok !! thanks ! then pulsar only.. i thought its price was 68k !
i have 3 friends .. one has unicorn, second one pulsar and 3rd guy RTR !! LOL ! have to ask them for a try !!

P180CC mile age ain't that good man ! right ?? so its not a good option for me

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Yes Pulsar's gearbox does make noise but den it doesnt matter much.. Pulsar has the looks..Pickup's far better den unicorn.. Apache's seat height is less than pulsar... I personally dont like Apache fr dis reasn... In case you go for Pulsar, stick to black.!! Difference in 150 nd 180 isnt much but then you will loose on mileage if you go fr 180cc..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Yes Pulsar's gearbox does make noise but den it doesnt matter much..
the gear change is not at all smooth. when changing the gear, it makes crappy vibration, & g-box is kind of slow.
a lot of false neutral too :|

but in Honda Uni. the gear change is very smooth & never the bike went into false neutral. that shows how well the g-box is desgined.

if you buy a p150, make sure the bike has no quality issues, like loose brakes (disk) & check the display too.

my cousin's 1 month od p180 had problem with both frnt & rear brakes.
the disk brake felt worse than a drum brake & rear brake felt very soft, when riding with pillion, i had to loosen the already weak brake:| (as it caused the brake pads to expand wen a pillion sat :?)

after the 1st service, the throttle still feels un-responsive & still the brake problem persists (rear brake stopped givin trouble tho, but still in-effective:x)

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
on a technical side, the engine and gear box of unicorn is very smooth....

I heard from Honda people itself (I went for interview to their plant in gurgaon) say that unicorn has very less noise cos the engine is refined and they think that it is one of the reasons that unicorn has less appeal... because Indian people love to ride bikes with engines that roars and also give much importance to styling...

_

Last edited:

axxo

99.9% Idle
guys howz this new hero honda hunk? not good?

*www.amitbhawani.com/Images/H/Hero-Honda-Hunk-Red.jpg

hailgautam

Youngling
leaving apart looks etc, unicorn is the best in terms of build quality and smoothness and comfort. honda asks unicorn to be serviced every 4 months that itself shows how reliable the bike is. i every time miss the service date by at least 2 moths and still it rides like makkhan. (i had a splendor that i had to get it serviced every 2 months)

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hmmmmm nice to know that ! lets see !!

hunk i don't think its good ... why hunk .. there is RTR for looks and Pulsar for over all use... and now unicorn for good ride experience

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Man unicorn's got great looks too.. Pulsars r too commonplace these days. Stand apart 4m the crowd. Get a uni. :D and whats ur height btw?. Rtr is a bit short.

axxo

99.9% Idle
both RTR and pulsar are too harsh to ride...engines are not refined. Unicorn is the best in terms of refinement and ride quality..except for the look.
I guess hunk/cbz xtreme can be rated in bwten these two..with moderate look and much better refined engine than RTR and pulsar.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
i know pulsar is too common
i wanted a yellow RTR

but pulsar has got re sale value... i am mostly selling the bike in 2 yrs .. ! hence pulsar .. else i could considered unicorn or my fav yellow RTR
now the newer version of RTR !!

isn't it ??

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah pulser Gearbox is a critter, damn makes too noise while shifting gears, though i initially had some false neutral problem but now its ok.

Next bike will be avenger or Yamaha new 150cc bike(forgot the name)

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
that yamaha ... is that R15 or R50 you talking ??

its great .. but its like 1 lack !! also not for me !! it looks scary ! dual disk brakes and high power !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom