Whether to prepare for CAT or PSU's !!

auri_da

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I am a final year student persuing b.tech in EE from a reputed govt engg coll.I am already placed in TCS.I have GATE on 10th feb and i am pretty sure that i will not be able to get an AIR under 300 rank which is essential for a PSU.I don't want to do an M.TECh so a rank >300 is of no use for me. My ultimate aim is to bell the CAT and enter into an IIM(a,b,c,l,k)only.My vocab, quantitative skills and profile all are good enough.Now my dilemma is that wether i should start preparing for CAT after my GATE exam or should give it a go for the other PSU exams in june/july or other core companies(electrical).Although being an EE student i have a sound knowledge of C and java so Tcs is not a prblm for me but the package is obviously much lower than a PSU wud offer me.I don't have a passion for EE but i just want to join a core company bcuze i think the technical knowledge gained by me during these 4 years wud be of no use if i join an IT company.
What wud u all suggest me?

Thanks in advance !!

tkin

Back to school!!
How's your academics(10,12)? In order to get into IIM you need to have really really good marks(except IIM cal I think), I'd say go for PSU, and GATE is not required for many PSU's, my friend(from CSE) got into ECIL last year through their test.

OP
A

auri_da

Right off the assembly line
Educational details-
10th- 92.4%
12th- 89.5%
b.tech- 70%(till 3rd year)
other achievments--
1) state level chess player.
2)TPO representative of coll.
3)vice president IEI( institute of engineers of india).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You have good enough academics for CAT. Go for the one which you have passion for.

One more thing,

anuri_da said:
I don't have a passion for EE but i just want to join a core company bcuze i think the technical knowledge gained by me during these 4 years wud be of no use if i join an IT company.

Won't same thing happen after you join MBA ?

Top Bottom