Where to recycle or dump your e-waste??

d3p

PowerHouse
Hi guys,

Few Days back, i was worried, where to dump ewaste which is not working from few months.

But I got some solutions to these things now.

one word answer "*techshop.in/store/ecycle.php"

Just called up the responsible guy & asked him where to meet up & thats it.

Please make an effort to spread this news, may be its helpful for Greener & Better tomorrow of India.

Regards,
D3P5KOR

gameranand

Living to Play
Re: Where to recycle or Dump your ewaste ??

I have about 3 faulty DVD writers, 1 SMPS, 1 Graphics Card. I don't want it to just throw in garbage because it will indirectly cause global warming and other things that would harm our nature. So where to dump them like nokia who takes old phones on their care centers for recycling in a good manner. I want that to happen to these old parts of mine which are garbage to me and consuming my shelf's space for nothing. I Live in Delhi and if I have to go somewhere to dump them n a good manner then I can. Please suggest.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse

Thanks for the initiative.

DELHI

Logix Express
8908/2 Multani Dnada. Opp. Rangoli Guest House.
Pahargung. 110055.
Tele: 011 32617289.
M- 09999796936.
Contact Person: Mr. Govind.

& Thanks for recycling.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!

very nice initiative. I will surely forward it to all my friends...

gameranand

Living to Play

d3p5kor said:
Thanks for the initiative.

DELHI

Logix Express
8908/2 Multani Dnada. Opp. Rangoli Guest House.
Pahargung. 110055.
Tele: 011 32617289.
M- 09999796936.
Contact Person: Mr. Govind.

& Thanks for recycling.
Thanks for address will go there as soon as I got free.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse

Let me know your experience with these people.

tkin

Back to school!!

No option in kolkata, damn these half baked efforts.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse

How about getting your ewaste shipped to TechShop.in ??

Moreover they are paying INR 125 Voucher for the same.

I know it will cost you some but not a bang & will keep your environment safe for next generation...

tkin

Back to school!!

How about getting your ewaste shipped to TechShop.in ??

Moreover they are paying INR 125 Voucher for the same.

I know it will cost you some but not a bang & will keep your environment safe for next generation...
First they are not paying you any money, just coupons to buy stuff from techshop(which is an already overpriced shop), meaning I have to pay from my pocket to ship these, I'd rather keep them in my home(2 odds and a few broken gadgets).

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Really nice initiative. Will sticky this for a while.

Awareness.

bhushanm

I Am Jack's Assembly Line
IMHO, Quickr.com is a better place to get rid of the e-waste. The problem with Techshop.in is that it is overpriced and has very limited selectionof items to buy. Plus, it gives only Rs.125 coupon in return for the e-waste.

I contacted a scrap dealer and got Rs.750 for all of my e-waste. Also, they come home and collect it. It is a much better incentive for getting rid of the e-waste.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I contacted a scrap dealer and got Rs.750 for all of my e-waste. Also, they come home and collect it. It is a much better incentive for getting rid of the e-waste.

And you call it recycling?
I seriously doubt, that the person you have sold your scrap, isn't going to make use of those items, in a Eco-friendly way!

bhushanm

well, i don't see recycling or re-using as very different. also, he did show up at my place carrying an armload of very old keyboards that were definitely broken. he took from me items that were broken and unusable, inclusing a very mutilated HDD that looks like this:

View attachment 4623

but for the sake of argument, what do you consider true recycling?

tkin

Back to school!!
well, i don't see recycling or re-using as very different. also, he did show up at my place carrying an armload of very old keyboards that were definitely broken. he took from me items that were broken and unusable, inclusing a very mutilated HDD that looks like this:

View attachment 4623

You have a pet elephant? That HDD looks..... god aweful.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
well, i don't see recycling or re-using as very different.

I will have to agree with you on this.

Frankly I don't know, what true recycling is, "maybe extracting every components from it, and using them for different purposes, rather than throwing any component in trash, and all of this process in such a way, that it doesn't harm the environment in any way."

But, the thing is, such kind of recycling can't be done by an individual, who maybe owns a garbage shop at the end of the street, in a residential area. Believe me, I have seen them, and the pictures in magazine like, digit. And a lot of them, didn't looked to extract them in the process described above.

So, I think, a scrap dealer won't be a good choice to dump our e-waste, rather than, we should let some corporations take care of that, even if we get less incentive. For e.g., dumping Nokia's phone in their own centers, where they provide this facility.

I hope I have explained in a better way.

bhushanm

I will have to agree with you on this.

But, the thing is, such kind of recycling can't be done by an individual, who maybe owns a garbage shop at the end of the street, in a residential area. Believe me, I have seen them, and the pictures in magazine like, digit. And a lot of them, didn't looked to extract them in the process described above.

I agree with you on this. I would never give electronic component to a raddi-wala for recycling. That's why I went to Quickr.com. There are listing from people who exclusively deal in electronic/computer components. They, in turn, give it to companies that recycle electronic waste. Raddi-walas are only good for paper, plastic, glass and metal.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ not only quikr, there are other search providers like sulekha, asklaila who gives such solutions, any way good finding dude...

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I agree with you on this. I would never give electronic component to a raddi-wala for recycling. That's why I went to Quickr.com. There are listing from people who exclusively deal in electronic/computer components. They, in turn, give it to companies that recycle electronic waste. Raddi-walas are only good for paper, plastic, glass and metal.

How do you know if they(online sites which claim to recycle) really "recycle' the waste? They might sell it to scrap-men and make a profit!

Top Bottom