Where do we get water from, should we urinate in dams: Ajit Pawar

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
In a statement that would shock many, the NCP leader was quoted as saying by an English news channel, “A person from Solapur is sitting on hunger strike for 55 days. He is asking to release water from dams to his field. There is no water in dams. What should we do? Should we urinate in the dams? There is no water to drink. So we cannot even urinate.”

In fact the Deputy Chief Minister did not stop there. Going further, he made another comment which would make many cringe, on the shortage of electricity supply. “I have come to know that the population is increasing in the state since there is a shortage of electricity in Maharashtra. What other work people have when the lights are off,” he said.

For good measure he also added, “You must be thinking that I have taken (alcohol) in the day itself.” Equally shocking was the fact that the crowd present there lapped it up.

At a time when the state of Maharashtra is reeling under severe draught, the unwarranted comments by a senior state leader is certainly unbecoming. Ajit Pawar would do well to remember that districts like Solapur, Ahmednagar, Sangli, Pune, Satara, Beed, Nashik, Buldhana, Latur, Osmanabad, Nanded, Aurangabad and others are badly affected by draught and many farmers have committed suicide in these districts due to hardship.

source: *zeenews.india.com/news/maharashtra...uld-we-urinate-in-dams-ajit-pawar_840387.html

No he hasn't been misquoted as the comments were caught live on camera. Cheers people for electing him !!!! You deserve it ! :(

That Maharashtra was supposed to have this water problem was known from almost 5 yrs back. But these chaps did nothing but fill their coffers with money from irrigation projects. And now that they are stuff with cash this is what we should expect from them...

Water is not your problem.Electricity is not your problem. Why even rule Mr Pawar ?

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
No he hasn't been misquoted as the comments were caught live on camera. Cheers people for electing him !!!! You deserve it ! :(

That Maharashtra was supposed to have this water problem was known from almost 5 yrs back. But these chaps did nothing but fill their coffins with money from irrigation projects. And now that they are stuff with cash this is what we should expect from them...

Water is not your problem.Electricity is not your problem. Why even rule Mr Pawar ?

Do you mean coffers? ;) I wonder what he'd do with cash in a coffin :D

In any case, we drink our own (the whole population's special brew actually) pee (filtered in treatment plants) so it would not matter that much lol

And your source please...

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Here, Ajit Pawar's shocking remark: 'If no water in dam, do we urinate in it?' | NDTV.com

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
It's all over the news. In my opinion the remarks were just very crude and should not have been spoken when such a sensitive issue is being discussed. There are much much better ways to display your helplessness(which is your own undoing unfortunately). Then I guess there was one more remark which suggested that the population is rising because of power cuts. I mean this remark reminded me of some adult jokes that we used to tell each other probably in our teen years. Such remarks are not expected of a Dy. CM of a state especially when he is speaking publicly on such a sensitive issue. There have been so many suicides due to this drought. His way of phrasing was just beyond my imagination.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
bwahahahaha...this is just hilarious...who needs opposition when ncp can shoot themselves in their rear.... :lol:

wow...news now is he has just apologised....yes ppl that solves everything...

Flash

Lost in speed
Well. Atleast some politician in india spoke the truth, without sugarcoating the real problem - Though he din't know the problem, that's about to come.

Renny

Padawan
And meanwhile farmers are committing suicide..Is it so tough to set-up an irrigation system which supplies water all year round..

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Source please.
Do you mean coffers? ;) I wonder what he'd do with cash in a coffin :D

In any case, we drink our own (the whole population's special brew actually) pee (filtered in treatment plants) so it would not matter that much lol

And your source please...

Source added. Thanks for pointing out. !

And offtopic but since this is tech forum , can't resist .
Which is the mobile in his hand ? Can't make out ? Any Guess ?
Hint : It isn't Chinese downmarket mobile.

*www.hindustantimes.com/images/2012/9/82214558-addb-4b13-acf4-d6fe82b93db2hires.jpg

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Source added. Thanks for pointing out. !

And offtopic but since this is tech forum , can't resist .
Which is the mobile in his hand ? Can't make out ? Any Guess ?
Hint : It isn't Chinese downmarket mobile.

*www.hindustantimes.com/images/2012/9/82214558-addb-4b13-acf4-d6fe82b93db2hires.jpg

Are you telling me it's an uber-expensive phone meant for n00bs?

Some Vertu junk?

OP
freshseasons

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Are you telling me it's an uber-expensive phone meant for n00bs?

Some Vertu junk?

No mate i have absolutely no idea which phone this is. And people who have 2000+ Cr worth ,it makes no difference to them whether its Vertu or Basic nokia. Functionality is most important to them hence my inquisition.

Can someone make out ?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
haha, he prolly has a few compass boxes
*i.imgur.com/lW2CWs7.jpg

but cool. no ones demanding castration. at the neck. yet.
blown up, viral, these things are casual, how many worse comments do you hear every day.

water and electricity prolem. solve it, you will get nobel prize at least.

key takeaway here is dont build the dams

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
the only good thing coming out from this govt that the electricity shortage issue has improved a lot in Maharashtra...load shedding has gone down...in some places load shedding has gone..

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have to agree on the load shedding thing, life was miserable before that.

Why not invest in desalinating sea water for general use? Many of the middle eastern countries do it and we could really use something like that since Mumbai is pretty close to the sea.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Just FYI, This guy blew up Rs. 70,000 crore as Maharashtra Irrigation Minister.

Also the sad truth is, Maharashtra, as of now, has no real political alternative. Congress-NCP Nexus has been looting this state for ages.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
@dead5: You know, desalinization is not a good idea for India just yet. We need to fix our economy before we implement such loss-making schemes. When seawater is desalinized, you don't make money, because the cost of desalinizing large volumes of water and then disposing off the residue costs more than what regular packaged water is sold here for. Maybe after ~5-6 years we can consider desalinization as an option for clean water.

Top Bottom