When to drink water

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
this thread should be under Lifestyle section...

I don't drink water during lunch & dinner....and u shud have 8 glasses of water daily
actresses drink lots of water during the day & they mention it a lot (when asked about the secret of their skin/beauty)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I drink water when I want to and that has not caused me trouble at any point of time, irrespective of what the food was.

this thread should be under Lifestyle section...

I don't drink water during lunch & dinner....and u shud have 8 glasses of water daily
actresses drink lots of water during the day & they mention it a lot (when asked about the secret of their skin/beauty)

Scientists have debunked the 8 glasses of water myth along with other food-related myths. I don't remember which newspaper I read it in (we get 3 english dailies in my house), so don't ask me to back it up with proof. I read it a few years ago.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in India for most of the year drinking ~2l of water which is approx equal to 8 glasses is alright because of weather conditions.also the myth of 8 glasses does not take into account other sources of water like tea,coffee,milk(which btw is ~90% water) so if you drink 2 glasses of milk each day then you are basically drinking approx 2 glasses of water.of course in indian summers with power cuts you will need even more(i need at least 3.5l in summer) & in winters less(some days i drink only ~1.5l).the other myth is that more you drink water better it is which is also not true.if you forcefully drink lots of water in a short period it can even be fatal for certain persons.
Strange but True: Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill: Scientific American

Piyush

Lanaya
Drink water 20-30 mins before meal
And after 30 mins after meal

8 Glasses of water daily is good

Those who think this thread is a waste, go drink water

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
in India for most of the year drinking ~2l of water which is approx equal to 8 glasses is alright because of weather conditions.also the myth of 8 glasses does not take into account other sources of water like tea,coffee,milk(which btw is ~90% water) so if you drink 2 glasses of milk each day then you are basically drinking approx 2 glasses of water.of course in indian summers with power cuts you will need even more(i need at least 3.5l in summer) & in winters less(some days i drink only ~1.5l).the other myth is that more you drink water better it is which is also not true.if you forcefully drink lots of water in a short period it can even be fatal for certain persons.
Strange but True: Drinking Too Much Water Can Kill: Scientific American

If I remember correctly the dilution point was drinking over 17.5l of water per hour.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no such thing as universal dilution point & you can not literally drink 17.5l of water in an hour.human stomach max volume expansion is 4l.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
there is no such thing as universal dilution point & you can not literally drink 17.5l of water in an hour.human stomach max volume expansion is 4l.

water is not only stored in the stomach :rolleyes:

guys some say its fine to drink water during a meal, some say u should drink after 30min and not in between. what r ur opinions? :-D

the basic reason is drinking water dilutes digestive juices.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

Yes it's not universal. It's a calculated average. Beyond these many litres of water you will dilute the electrolyte levels in your body and that can be fatal if you do not stop.

Water will be absorbed by all tissues, it will not stay in the stomach. And I could argue that there is no universal max volume expansion for the stomach ;)

Zangetsu

digestion starts from mouth & ends through anus.water is indeed responsible for digestion along with bacterias inside stomach...
too much of water is also not good...and u can live without food for some days but cannot without water

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Water will be absorbed by all tissues, it will not stay in the stomach. And I could argue that there is no universal max volume expansion for the stomach
only situation where water forcefully enters other organs except stomach is drowning where lungs are flooded with water(note lungs not cells).you must have heard about osmosis & cell membrane so rest assured that there is no living cell in human body(including kidneys which are at the top in this regard) which can absorb water so rapidly.your body will simply use its reflexes to vomit out any extra water over 4l in one go/short duration.as for universal human stomach expansion limit here are the study results:
Volume of a Human Stomach

the case i referred to earlier also support this where woman dies due to drinking 6l in 3 hours because this gave the extra water time to get absorbed otherwise trying to drink 6l in one go would simply result in a vomit & less chances of brain edema.

Zangetsu

Water will be absorbed by all tissues, it will not stay in the stomach. And I could argue that there is no universal max volume expansion for the stomach ;)

some % water is absorbed and mixed with blood but max water is passed thru urine..
and water is always vaporized :mrgreen:

Piyush

Lanaya
Now people will start opening threads like "when to bath? when to go to toilet? when to sleep? when to watch TV?" :lol:

when to bath? --> When a girls complains you of being stinky
when to go to toilet? --> When bladder is about to burst
when to sleep? --> When internet goes down
when to watch TV? --> When no one is home

PS: Answers not from my experience. Just random thoughts :|

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
when to bath? --> When a girls complains you of being stinky
when to go to toilet? --> When bladder is about to burst
when to sleep? --> When internet goes down
when to watch TV? --> When no one is home

PS: Answers not from my experience. Just random thoughts :|