Whattz ur plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macabre

Broken In
... a place to discuss your career plans. What do you want to be?

I'll start. I want to be a video game tester. it'll be fun & cool... Are there any courses or institutes that i can join?

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^

It will be a living hell after a week..

the games u need to test will nothing like u play...the inteface will be diff..bugs....redundant.....

Imagine playing a single level 100 times again and again....and its full of bugs still....

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
dude.. it can't be dat bad?? is it?
nopes..its much worse...hehehehe...its no where close to those movie/shows where kids are called n thy test a game n bla bla bla....its PRO here...n PRO is Tough n boring if u dnt have passion for it

about me...as soon as am done with ma 12th (xams on 2009..wish me luck)..i'll go in for B-tech or BE from some college(hopefully VIT) and thn directly do MBA after it (hopefully frm someothr countery but depends if i get BIG scholarships)

OP
M

Macabre

Broken In
good luck man!!!!!!!!!! for your exams. I want to get a gaming job, what should i do?

VIT is cool.. dude.. and MBA?? what will you do after MBA?

My parents want me to do engg+ MBA ,..too... but its bboooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!!
What should i do?????

OP
M

Macabre

Broken In
cool job.. kya? all MBAs I know do a very boring job , just deal with other people, listen to alll crrrrrrrrrrrrrrap their boss says, come home to a nagging wife.. its boring .. man. Haan, money is good - but you will not have time to spend the money, even!
Gaming is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am dying to know how I get in.. dude!

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
cool job.. kya? all MBAs I know do a very boring job , just deal with other people, listen to alll crrrrrrrrrrrrrrap their boss says, come home to a nagging wife.. its boring .. man. Haan, money is good - but you will not have time to spend the money, even!
Gaming is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am dying to know how I get in.. dude!
++1 ..very true abt MBAs ..but it depends on one's liking..also remember mjeri is 100 % right..You dont get paid for playing games :D ..You get paid for discovering bugs in them , creating test plans, scripts, executing ,preparing reports, negotiating with proj manager n developers n blah blah blah..one Digit member who is a game tester has nightmares testing a horror game ..... :rolleyes: .........so think twice b4 jumping to video game foray :!:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
TBH...

Tech and forum sites are making gaming dev as a "cool" job ..in reality its not that great..

I have 4 friends in EA..Ubi...MS ... None have said Gaming dev is cool or great... they are just like any other development jobs... Its harder than other developing actually... coz in gaming the possibilities of user have to be made endless..

Unlike other s/w jobs where user have a finite amount of possibilities...though testers would beg to differ.. :lol:

Game testing job is..in one word...the crappiest testing...heheheh... pon my word...Its that hard... imagine ur favorite game and its level 1...

U will be testing it...the possible scenes in ur pc screen is..

1. The character is nothing like u see..its just a rectangular image
2. the guns ..ammos stuf.... ooh cool looking na..u will be see partial images...maybe parsed images...
3. the screen..the map...radar... u will be seeing interlaced images...a script running...a logger..
4. awesome sounds..how abt no sounds... or when u shoot it be like clanging a can...heheh..

These are all just maybe's..it be worser than this...or very different... now imagine playing this for a whole day..again and again... each time us see one...u have to exit and log it in a tracking app...maybe diff strategy for others....

Let me tell ya...u can tell game dev..and testing is a COOL job...but it ends there...

and now imagine this in mobile screen res.... already its like scrappy...ehheh..and nowadays mobile game testing is where u start..atleast for a year or 2...

The best cool job be...the one u LOVE...it even could be game testing...

for me atleast a MBA is needed..i am a ppl guys..i hate to be infront of a PC mon all the day...i need humans to interact..i like to negotiate...organize...

lets see it takes me..who knows..i will fall even before i start to walk...hehehehe

OP
M

Macabre

Broken In
++1 ..very true abt MBAs ..but it depends on one's liking..also remember mjeri is 100 % right..You dont get paid for playing games :D ..You get paid for discovering bugs in them , creating test plans, scripts, executing ,preparing reports, negotiating with proj manager n developers n blah blah blah..one Digit member who is a game tester has nightmares testing a horror game ..... :rolleyes: .........so think twice b4 jumping to video game foray :!:

There has to be a way to get paid while playing games :D! What should I do? Animation is also interesting.. Any digit members out there who works in animation/gaming?
What do you do esumit?

OP
M

Macabre

Broken In
Haha! lol! Do you have her phone number?

TBH...

Tech and forum sites are making gaming dev as a "cool" job ..in reality its not that great..

I have 4 friends in EA..Ubi...MS ... None have said Gaming dev is cool or great... they are just like any other development jobs... Its harder than other developing actually... coz in gaming the possibilities of user have to be made endless..

Unlike other s/w jobs where user have a finite amount of possibilities...though testers would beg to differ.. :lol:

Game testing job is..in one word...the crappiest testing...heheheh... pon my word...Its that hard... imagine ur favorite game and its level 1...

U will be testing it...the possible scenes in ur pc screen is..

1. The character is nothing like u see..its just a rectangular image
2. the guns ..ammos stuf.... ooh cool looking na..u will be see partial images...maybe parsed images...
3. the screen..the map...radar... u will be seeing interlaced images...a script running...a logger..
4. awesome sounds..how abt no sounds... or when u shoot it be like clanging a can...heheh..

These are all just maybe's..it be worser than this...or very different... now imagine playing this for a whole day..again and again... each time us see one...u have to exit and log it in a tracking app...maybe diff strategy for others....

Let me tell ya...u can tell game dev..and testing is a COOL job...but it ends there...

and now imagine this in mobile screen res.... already its like scrappy...ehheh..and nowadays mobile game testing is where u start..atleast for a year or 2...

The best cool job be...the one u LOVE...it even could be game testing...

for me atleast a MBA is needed..i am a ppl guys..i hate to be infront of a PC mon all the day...i need humans to interact..i like to negotiate...organize...

lets see it takes me..who knows..i will fall even before i start to walk...hehehehe

m-jerrrrrrrrrrri .. what do you LOVE?:cool:

^Marry Bill Gates's daughter and play XBOX 360 24 hrs :D :D :D

PS: I am a Test Analyst in US MNC

Haha! lol! Do you have her phone number?:D

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
why don't u become a game designer/Programmer.......Game tester may be good.........bu this would be also a safe side for u

Get To learn Visual C++,.Net, and some 3dSoft like Maya...helps to become a game developer

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@ma

get a engg degree..get good percentile...do some pgming course and all...aim for a s/w developer...get some exp...during that time...try to do some game dev courses...

i heard one in hyd or something... iCATS..or something like that...

job i love... to consult , manage, organize... in short... boss people around...heheh

OP
M

Macabre

Broken In
m-jeri.. I checked it out . Its called Image College of Arts, Animation and Technology (ICAT), has centers in Hyd, bang and chennai.

They offer 4 courses: Game design, game development, visual effects and 3d animations.

Any idea on which one which one makes most money? which one is safest? which one is most fun?

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^

it depends on what u like. the money u make will depend on ur talents.
ok..let me get one thing straight.

If u think game dev or testing is fun..or cool...or anything like that. you will be sorry in a very short time.

Its just like any other boring s/w job. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom