WhatsApp - Some doubts

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have been using WhatsApp in Android for sometime now. I have the following doubts/irritants. If anyone has solutions for these please suggest.

1. How to send / forward the same message to multiple recipients in one go?
  2. How to clear the message database without removing the group information?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
1 How to send / forward the same message to multiple recipients in one go?

I suspect you want to do this to forward various stupid spam messages. Please take this advice. Don't do it.
I don't know how to forward same message to multiple recipients in one go. But I think if this feature isn't there in WhatsApp maybe its for the better. There's no reason why would you want to do that except to spread spam. Not all will like those messages to receive. If you really want to send same message to multiple people, make Group for those specific people. This way member who don't want to receive forwarded messages will have a choice to exit the group.

[/LIST]

I think the only way to do is as following:
Inside the group long tap to select one message. Then keeping tapping all the messages to select them all. And then click delete icon to delete all messages at once.

PS: If you found my post offending, kindly let me know / ignore. I am trying to think from the recipients perspective, that's all.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am a big fan of spam. So I will not take any offense ;)

I understand why you might be sensitive to the issue of spamming and I will respect your opinion / advice.
But please do note that not all usage of send to multiple recipients is spam just like not all torrents are illegal.

In my case though I do forward humorous messages to many people, I do it only to like minded people. Those are identified based on what they send me first and routinely. And if anyone opts out they will never get one in future.

The problem with groups feature as it exists now is that there is no privacy for the recipients. Everyone in the group knows who else is receiving the same message. This should not happen from my end. Also I have to create multiple subsets of groups based on individual likes and dislikes and I am sure to end up with more than 50 groups which will be a nightmare.

Having the ability to select recipients individually for each message gives me the freedom to pick and choose. For eg. if I am inviting friends for a private get together I do not want all of friends to appear and overwhelm the host.

Nokia phones had a feature for sms called Lists or something where I can create a group from my address book and send to all of them at once. But there was again the problem of not being able to pick and choose.

-------------

Regarding the second issue - that would be quite impractical as my current database runs above 250MB. Some groups I manage have above 1000 posts so selecting and deleting them like that will take quite some effort.
At the same time I do not want to recreate all the groups if I delete data of application.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
to send to multiple recipients, broadcast message
but replies to each will be a separate

to clear, settings > clear all conversations will still retain the groups.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I suspect you want to do this to forward various stupid spam messages. Please take this advice. Don't do it.
I don't know how to forward same message to multiple recipients in one go. But I think if this feature isn't there in WhatsApp maybe its for the better. There's no reason why would you want to do that except to spread spam. Not all will like those messages to receive. If you really want to send same message to multiple people, make Group for those specific people. This way member who don't want to receive forwarded messages will have a choice to exit the group.

I think the only way to do is as following:
Inside the group long tap to select one message. Then keeping tapping all the messages to select them all. And then click delete icon to delete all messages at once.

PS: If you found my post offending, kindly let me know / ignore. I am trying to think from the recipients perspective, that's all.

ikr i have a bunch of people on my list who broadcast "gm","ga","ge" and "gn" every single day finally i blocked them :p because it used to drain battery :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I have been using WhatsApp in Android for sometime now. I have the following doubts/irritants. If anyone has solutions for these please suggest.

1. How to send / forward the same message to multiple recipients in one go?

to send to multiple recipients, broadcast message
but replies to each will be a separate

to clear, settings > clear all conversations will still retain the groups.

it will only clear the conversations from your phone. not others. i hope you realise that. :)

insaneYLN

In the zone
Moving WhatsApp Messenger to External Memory Storage

Thank you @sling-shot, for creating this thread pertaining to WhatsApp Messenger, albeit my doubt is of a different nature!
:ashamed:

My device (Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000) is rooted and I have Titanium Backup Pro installed on it, and hence, I am eager to know if WhatsApp Messenger can be moved to the external memory storage? If it is indeed possible, then I am equally keen on learning how to do so, and thus, humbly request any of you to point me to a guide/tutorial.
:unsure:

As usual, I await your expertise.
:smile:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Re: Moving WhatsApp Messenger to External Memory Storage

Thank you @sling-shot, for creating this thread pertaining to WhatsApp Messenger, albeit my doubt is of a different nature!
:ashamed:

My device (Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000) is rooted and I have Titanium Backup Pro installed on it, and hence, I am eager to know if WhatsApp Messenger can be moved to the external memory storage? If it is indeed possible, then I am equally keen on learning how to do so, and thus, humbly request any of you to point me to a guide/tutorial.
:unsure:

As usual, I await your expertise.
:smile:
[GUIDE][TW][AOSPA] Swap Internal Memory with External & External with Internal - xda-developers

Top Bottom