Whatsapp - How do you purchase it without a credit card via paypal?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
So I dont have a credit card and Whatsapp is about to expire this month. Is there any way I could upgrade the service without credit card? I have hdfc international debit card though. I havent yet tried paypal. I have heard, it doesnt work for debit cards.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ I have whatsapp from September 2011, and it never experied still today, it auto renews everytime :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yeah. Don't worry about the expiration. It's just a message. No action is taken against that message. Neither you need to :p

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Two largest markets for Whatsapp are India and Russia... Whatsapp knows Indians usually don't have credit cards, and if their service is stopped, it is very easy to jump to competitors like Line and Kakaotalk.

I believe Whatsapp's days are numbered. With Google's unified cloud messaging Babel coming in soon, as well as innovative and free services like Facebook Messenger with Chatheads become more commonplace, Whatsapp has no chance... Competition is catching up very quickly... Facebook messenger and Google Babel would be cross-platform, available on all major mobile OSes...

@OP, don't pay yet... Whatsapp will probably extend your service for a few more months... Whatsapp's strategy is to give their service for free, and when mass of users is sufficiently large to make Whatsapp very sticky and important, then they would go for deals with mobile carriers and have direct carrier billing to deduct their 1$ per year directly from your phone balance... But I believe they will wait... And continue to upgrade users for free...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Paying for WhatsApp? I've never payed even once but I've never got any message or anything asking me to pay up.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
what about supporting the developers for creating an app which you use everyday? $0.99 USD /year isn't that much considering the fact that whatsapp doesn't sell any ads. just saying.

And coming to the payment issue. use virtual credit card(Prepaid card in case of HDFC) and use it in their site.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I started using whatsapp since 2012 and my expiration date shown as 7 July 2013...
AFAIK whatsapp is free on 1year and then 1$ charge after that

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I started using whatsapp since 2012 and my expiration date shown as 7 July 2013...
AFAIK whatsapp is free on 1year and then 1$ charge after that

You will get a notification on 7th July that your whatsapp account is renewed till 7th July 2014.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
huh fb and whatsapp are not the same at all
is it $1 per year or $1 one time?
got for free on ios during price drop

ankit360

Journeyman
what about supporting the developers for creating an app which you use everyday? $0.99 USD /year isn't that much considering the fact that whatsapp doesn't sell any ads. just saying.

And coming to the payment issue. use virtual credit card(Prepaid card in case of HDFC) and use it in their site.

+1 Rs55 for year is not costly . ppl leave in India r too selfish .they don't care about others .

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
huh fb and whatsapp are not the same at all
is it $1 per year or $1 one time?
got for free on ios during price drop

Its a subscription system... 1$ per year...

+1 Rs55 for year is not costly . ppl leave in India r too selfish .they don't care about others .

I agree... I spend more than that everyday on cigarettes. But most Indians don't have a credit card...

Top Bottom