What's wrong?? Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
hi, here's the problem: when my cous was playing gta sa, he said he heard two beeps and the system was shut down. When he switched on the monitor gave 'No Signal'. He reinserted 9800GTX+ but the monitor gave him no signal, he reinserted the ram also, but no. He even took out the cmos battery and inserted again nothing. What's the problem, guys. He can't test his card with my rig, 'cause i am on a holiday. Please tell me a solution guys. He's worried. Thank you in advance

ambar.hitman

Journeyman
most probably RAM or SMPS is faulty. But as monitor is showing no signal, i doubt its RAM problem. Ask him to try with different RAM

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Tell your friend to re-insert ram sticks.
2. Try with different Ram.
3. Try with a different Gfx card.
4 Try with a different PSU.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
I had a same problem 4 months ago.I also thought RAM was at fault.But my motherobard,gfx card and RAM all were dead due to overheating.:(

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^Thank you guys for suggesting. He said RAM was the culprit. He was using 2GB RAM of Transcend & 1GB RAM of ZION, both were 667MHz. The ZION had gone nuts :D. Now he's using only 2Gigs of RAM. Is it sufficient for playing games [Crysis, Fallout 3] at 4x AA 16x AF and 1440x900 res.???? Is there any difference between 2GB & 3GB in games???

D

Deleted member 26636

i played crysis at very high settings but with 2x AA & crysis: warhead at enthusiast settings & 2x AA on my hd 4850..without any crashes or freezing whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom