What's wrong?? Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ nvidiageek - tell your friend to buy another 2 GB stick & run both 2GBs in dual channel. They will give better perf in games.

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@ nvidiageek - tell your friend to buy another 2 GB stick & run both 2GBs in dual channel. They will give better perf in games.

"tell your cousin" :D. 32-bit OS uses 3.25GB RAM, right?? But is 4GB RAM utilized by the 'demanding' games on 32-bit OS???

Yea forget about aa in crysgs

"CRYSiS". Why?? I have played with 4x AA with High settings & Crysis WARHEAD with Enthusiast settings & at same AA [DX9]. No probs. ;)

Last edited:

foruamit2004

Broken In
^^^ you are not eligible to say that....hardly anyone has sig like your :p :)
@sekhar CRYSIS - simply not possible, i'hv almost same setup as yours and cpu/gpu well overclocked. in benchmark tool you might get 30+ fps, but gamepaly won't be smooth with very high+2AA

Last edited:
OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^Rig in the Sig [:D] is my brother's. It's supremely fast! I can't wait when he comes back to India.

@foruamit2004 - What's not eligible, I didn't understand??? :confused:. I've played Crysis at above quoted settings with my Rig. Which's Intel C2D E8400@3.0GHz, 2GB RAM 667MHz, PALiT Radeon HD4850 Sonic, Intel DG31PR [:(]

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
"tell your cousin" :D. 32-bit OS uses 3.25GB RAM, right?? But is 4GB RAM utilized by the 'demanding' games on 32-bit OS???

Buddy that's not true. 32 bit OS doesn't have 3.25GB mem limitation.
For eg. Windows Server 2003 32 bit Enterprise Edition SP2 Supports 64GB Ram.
Windows Server 2003 32 bit Datacenter Edition SP2 Supports 128GB of Ram.

But, 32 bit consumer grade OS like Vista & XP 32 bit editions have such limitations.

For 4 GB Ram - I've said to get 2x 2GB Ram & Run them in dual channel. Coz Dual Channel does gives 15-30% more bandwidth compared to single channel.
So all memory intensive apps will run faster.

32 bit programs can support a max mem of 2GB. So games & other programs
which can utilise 2GB ram will benefit even more.

Also you can always go for 64bit OS & get more performance.

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
If I switch to 64-bit OS, does 32-bit games uses the performance of 64-bit OS??? Or do I have to buy 64-bit Games?? Do Games switch to 32- or 64-bit when we change the OS 32- or 64-bit???
:confused: :confused:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^Dun worry, the work. And only if the game is 64-bit optimized(it's usually mentioned), then it benefits from the 64-bit OS. Else only the xtra ram comes in2 use.

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^^I didn't patch the Crysis. My Dial-up is so bad, that it takes 2 mins to download 500kB!!
So Crysis 1.2 patch was 300MB+, that's impossible for me to download. 25MB's too big....:D

@comp@ddict - Fallout 3's ending didn't impress me. I don't like ending where we have to die! :mad:. BiA:HH's ending was superb! :)

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Yeah, no probs^^. He got another problem: He says that whenever he runs GTA IV, the command prompt comes up, but the game doesn't run. What might be the problem???

acewin

Point Blanc
add to topgear's point there is little optimization to rectify usage of upto 4GB in XP.
so it will be that both the sticks will get used but not to max. and again you will gain the benefit of dual channel. but it is not very high IMO

D

Deleted member 26636

its about 32.6mb....download the v1.0 patch & not the v1.02 patch..the 2nd patch doesnot help.in my case it created even greater problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom