Whats up with Mi3 Hype ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
this thread is really pointless..anyway [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]
apart from the accesibilty to latest android builds and "perhaps" ASS and the long term reliabilty , i cant seem to find any reason how Nexus can be considered superior to mi3 , Can you point out anything ,may be your "experiences" can be elaborated here
at this price point those risks are worth taking for me and the arguements are redudant.. MIUI is customised android currently 4.4.2 and so far i havent had any issues with the phone no FCs no random reboots nothing,

the OS lets u use any apps, like all other android phones and the UI is more of a subjective factor
infact CM's steven has said he is jealous of MIUI theme engine
kinda reminds me of the old nokia symbian days

Cheap doesnt always mean poor quality and vice versa
One more thing you need to realise is mi3 is a phone which is almost at the end of its cycle ,the phone was released in china back around novemeber 2013 for about 320$ ,perhaps that might be the reason why its price has come down

agreed
i never said cheap means poor quality,in fact even the moto e for 7k is a high quality device which is well built etc
about the nexus 5,id like to give an exact example with a similiar scenario

here goes-

fiat markets an engine called the multijet engine which is widely used in numerous cars in india such as the Ritz,Linea,swift,punto etc as well as tatas offerings such as the indica,indigo,manza,indigo cs etc
despite all cars i mentioned having the same engine in all these cars(1.3L diesel multijet),each car has different pricings etc

now would you buy the first group of cars which i mentioned(good ASS,features and quality) or one of the tata cars with bad ASS and quality(except maybe manza,which is decent offering to some extent)?
just because all of them share an engine doesnt mean an indica can be compared to a Linea or a swift
see the point im making?

we all love lower priced vfm phones but does that make other better made phones bad just because they are priced a bit higher?does lower pricing justify poor after sales and low availability of parts locally

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
OMG you are comparing apples to oranges!!
stop with your irrational analogies already !!

answer to the point otherwise drop it

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
OMG you are comparing apples to oranges!!
stop with your irrational analogies already !!

answer to the point otherwise drop it

its not irrational,its the exact situation
same multijet engine/snapdragon 800
difference in price and quality
you guys are just pissed because xiaomi is only popular because of the snapdeagon 800 and the price nothing else
if the world worked the way you guys think,we would have still been using resistive touch screens etc

sushovan

In the zone
its not irrational,its the exact situation
same multijet engine/snapdragon 800
difference in price and quality
you guys are just pissed because xiaomi is only popular because of the snapdeagon 800 and the price nothing else
if the world worked the way you guys think,we would have still been using resistive touch screens etc

And if the world worked the way you think, ALL OF US would have been sitting in front of a MacBook air, Nokia 515 would have been the most popular handset :rolleyes:

Seriously, Grow up and Do some kind of proper research before constantly badmouthing a product. You sir, also is pissed seeing these cheap as* Chinese brands like Xiaomi, Asus (it has to be low quality Chinese brand cause its giving away 2 Gigs of RAM under 10K, right ? :mad: ) taking down your fav overpricing strategist brands and making them biting the dust. :D

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] looks like you have been paid a huge amount by Xiaomi to suugest it in every thread :twisted:
had i been paid, i wouldn't be foolish to recommend other phones too :p
I always chose a VFM config be it phones, laptops/pcs, etc. if Micromax starts providing a SD800, 2 gb RAM under 15k and pre rooted rom 16 gb internal memory with no bloat and good design which isn't copied from samsung/other OEm's, then i may even buy a micromax phone.

PS: they should really pay me :twisted:

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
had i been paid, i wouldn't be foolish to recommend other phones too :p
I always chose a VFM config be it phones, laptops/pcs, etc. if Micromax starts providing a SD800, 2 gb RAM under 15k and pre rooted rom 16 gb internal memory with no bloat and good design which isn't copied from samsung/other OEm's, then i may even buy a micromax phone.

PS: they should really pay me :twisted:

Come on man how does it matter how much a copy it is as long as it's working fine. Have you seen Canvas Knight ... it a freaking copy of iphone 5s design .. had samsung launched a a phone looking like it they would be drowning in patent suits now ... i wonder why apple hasn't sued MMX yet. Prerooted rom HAHA forget that .

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
And if the world worked the way you think, ALL OF US would have been sitting in front of a MacBook air, Nokia 515 would have been the most popular handset :rolleyes:

Seriously, Grow up and Do some kind of proper research before constantly badmouthing a product. You sir, also is pissed seeing these cheap as* Chinese brands like Xiaomi, Asus (it has to be low quality Chinese brand cause its giving away 2 Gigs of RAM under 10K, right ? :mad: ) taking down your fav overpricing strategist brands and making them biting the dust. :D

good luck with that attitude
you sir think in this way- sasta sundar tikao
its not even about 10k,its about ASS and quality
i never said Asus is bad,asus zenfone is actually the best phone in that price bracket
your jelly because others have better phones going by the way you misinterpret me
ohh and if you still think differently,im betting people will start rants about xiaomi within 6 months
proper research?? my friend owns the phone and has issues with it
you have no idea about me so pls dont comment bs about me

- - - Updated - - -

if Micromax starts providing a SD800, 2 gb RAM under 15k and pre rooted rom 16 gb internal memory with no bloat and good design which isn't copied from samsung/other OEm's, then i may even buy a micromax phone.

agreed,atleast they have some ASS in india even though they charge for service somtimes
micromax also has one of the widest range of phone configs,improve upon it and give it some originality and quality and it might overtake samsung in the 15k market

- - - Updated - - -

they don't care if its India where they keep reselling 8 gb iPhone 4 for 20k.

MIUI India ? View topic - Xiaomi mi3 is rooted? says Mi3 comes pre rooted :|

yeah 8gb iphone 4 is a terrible deal
one of my own friends bought one instead of a moto x which i suggested :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Come on man how does it matter how much a copy it is as long as it's working fine. Have you seen Canvas Knight ... it a freaking copy of iphone 5s design .. had samsung launched a a phone looking like it they would be drowning in patent suits now ... i wonder why apple hasn't sued MMX yet. Prerooted rom HAHA forget that .

i guess apple only goes after those with a potload of money
even the samsung lawsuit was actually made once samsung started getting loads of profits with the S2 and other phones

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
agreed,atleast they have some ASS in india even though they charge for service somtimes
micromax also has one of the widest range of phone configs,improve upon it and give it some originality and quality and it might overtake samsung in the 15k market

having a wide range of crap phones like samsung doesn't means they are good. an uncle of mine bought a canvas something for 15k instead of Moto G :facepalm:
though that phone has 1 gb ram, free ram is less than 100 mb, 13mp shooter couldn't even record 720p videos :evil:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
having a wide range of crap phones like samsung doesn't means they are good. an uncle of mine bought a canvas something for 15k instead of Moto G :facepalm:
though that phone has 1 gb ram, free ram is less than 100 mb, 13mp shooter couldn't even record 720p videos :evil:

i know,my cousin bought a canvas 2 recently and his headset speaker(for calls) went bad within a month
he paid Rs200 for repairs which took 4 days
i never said micromax made good handsets,i said they have a wide range and some amount of ASS compared to most other brands
samsung is also subpar unless its one of the mid rangers or flagships which are very overpriced

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
good luck with that attitude
you sir think in this way- sasta sundar tikao
its not even about 10k,its about ASS and quality
i never said Asus is bad,asus zenfone is actually the best phone in that price bracket
your jelly because others have better phones going by the way you misinterpret me
ohh and if you still think differently,im betting people will start rants about xiaomi within 6 months
proper research?? my friend owns the phone and has issues with it
you have no idea about me so pls dont comment bs about me

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

yeah 8gb iphone 4 is a terrible deal
one of my own friends bought one instead of a moto x which i suggested :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

i guess apple only goes after those with a potload of money
even the samsung lawsuit was actually made once samsung started getting loads of profits with the S2 and other phones

Indian consumers are getting wise!
They are pissed of Samshit!!!

My Sis-in-law brought S4 mini and after 15 days use she is frustrated with battery!

You see build quality is foremost ,
Then all such ASS and Resale comes and lastly brand name!

What do you think why is MI3 worlds 7th best seller?
No LG,No Sony,No Lumia in the list?
Dude it's build quality!

My Dad is very happy with his Moto X as all his uses are fulfilled! He was also skeptical about Motorola and it's re-entry in market!

Dude you make just 20000 units with best build quality and Samsung making 10 million units with below par build quality!

Of course your units will be sold faster!
E.g. One Plus One!

Issues?
Which phones do not have issues?
But did you checked their forums?
Other forums?
There are solutions too!
Right from screen guards to rooting!
Here is FAQ thread from other forum
*www.techenclave.com/community/index.php?threads/FAQ---Xiaomi-MI3.167505/

Complete issues sorted out!

Please don't enlighten about Apple- Samsung patent wars!
Samsung S2 was most appreciated phone and since them Samsung's graph has went down!
Apple bilaterally has too lost innovation spirit!

It's high time we look at OEMs!

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Indian consumers are getting wise!
They are pissed of Samshit!!!

My Sis-in-law brought S4 mini and after 15 days use she is frustrated with battery!

You see build quality is foremost ,
Then all such ASS and Resale comes and lastly brand name!

What do you think why is MI3 worlds 7th best seller?
No LG,No Sony,No Lumia in the list?
Dude it's build quality!

My Dad is very happy with his Moto X as all his uses are fulfilled! He was also skeptical about Motorola and it's re-entry in market!

Dude you make just 20000 units with best build quality and Samsung making 10 million units with below par build quality!

Of course your units will be sold faster!
E.g. One Plus One!

Issues?
Which phones do not have issues?
But did you checked their forums?
Other forums?
There are solutions too!
Right from screen guards to rooting!
Here is FAQ thread from other forum

every phone may have issues even iphones but how the companies handle them and help us consumers out is the main criteria
one plus one and oppo have built such a reputation wherein they have excellent build quality etc and are premium in comparison to most other phones
a good example is moto who replaced/refunded buyers of faulty moto g's

the only reason mi3 is in that list is because it has a snapdragon 800 for cheap,thats why it sells so well but only time will tell which oem is geniune

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
every phone may have issues even iphones but how the companies handle them and help us consumers out is the main criteria
one plus one and oppo have built such a reputation wherein they have excellent build quality etc and are premium in comparison to most other phones
a good example is moto who replaced/refunded buyers of faulty moto g's

the only reason mi3 is in that list is because it has a snapdragon 800 for cheap,thats why it sells so well but only time will tell which oem is geniune

+1
It's the test of time!

Did you check Flipkart's affilate program!
Just 0.2% in referrals!
See imagine how low is Flipkart's margin and on contrary Moto has 2.5% while Apple has 2-4%.

See this is Xaiomi's policy!
They believe in mouth to mouth advertising!
Not even a single commercial in India nor publicity hoarding nor any single advertising ad on internet!

So these advertising cost are cut down so they can sell phones near to manufacturing cost!

Same is with Oneplus One

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Moreover since Qualcomm is an investor in Xiaomi they can have the chipsets at optimum pricing too.So that's one of the main reasons among the others why they sale Snap800 phones dirt cheap.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
+1
It's the test of time!

Did you check Flipkart's affilate program!
Just 0.2% in referrals!
See imagine how low is Flipkart's margin and on contrary Moto has 2.5% while Apple has 2-4%.

See this is Xaiomi's policy!
They believe in mouth to mouth advertising!
Not even a single commercial in India nor publicity hoarding nor any single advertising ad on internet!

So these advertising cost are cut down so they can sell phones near to manufacturing cost!

Same is with Oneplus One

thats a partial truth but one plus one is tied up with oppo and CM so its technically advertised as a "CM version nexus" of sorts and is a proven brand
xiaomi isnt proven yet and the lower pricing might be just to lure customers without advertising
even Nokia did this with the 525 and sold it at a loss just to gain momentum initially

- - - Updated - - -

Moreover since Qualcomm is a investor in Xiaomi they can have the chipsets at optimum pricing too.

that i dont believe because qualcomm is an investor in alot of companies and even microsoft gets money on every android,wp and even iphone sold thanks to patents and services made available to other platforms but that doesnt mean microsoft is bring up android or iphones in the same way which qualcomm invests in other companies
i cant find the mobile oem investor page but i found a list of software companies which have investments by qualcomm
*qualcommventures.com/portfolio/

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Please don't enlighten about Apple- Samsung patent wars!
Samsung S2 was most appreciated phone and since them Samsung's graph has went down!
Apple bilaterally has too lost innovation spirit!

agreed
i never said S2 was a bad phone,alot of my friends still have the S2 and S advance and i must say its still one the best phones ever made
apple and samsung have really gone down in the past 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom