Whats up with Mi3 Hype ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
the era has come for use and throw mobile fones. no one seems to care about ass anymore. :p
Only for people spending around 10-15k max, I don't see people throwing away a 30k phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Samsung Galaxy S5 costs $256 to build - GSMArena.com news
$256 to make an s5 + shipping + customs + R and D + software support + profit
That's what surprises me, what is the BOM for XIAOMI? Lets say $200, even then it seems a bit far fetched.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Only for people spending around 10-15k max, I don't see people throwing away a 30k phone.

i have seen few people giving away for free / buy back their 25-35k phones but the majority still wants some sort of warranty even for a 5k phone.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz

- - - Updated - - -

That's what surprises me, what is the BOM for XIAOMI? Lets say $200, even then it seems a bit far fetched.
MI3 is being sold for around 270$ in china which means approx 16000 bucks and they are selling the product for mere 14k in India .. i wonder how is that even possible... this means they are selling this product at least profit possible,

- - - Updated - - -

And I don't think this is gonna shake up samsung's market much coz online shopping is a tiny percentage of the total smartphone shares in India. Moreover Indian people are generally skeptic about buying Chinese brands so, that will further Hamper the sales of Xiaomi...
They will really need to show ads on Tv's coz that's how majority of country will have trust over brand...
No Doubt this is set is a dream come true for most "Technical" people

abracadabra

Journeyman
Who created the Hype?? Its YOU!! :-D
Not pointing a finger at you; though Xiaomi doesnt market themselves too well in market, this creation of such a thread in a Tech Forum has got you and me debating what all the Hype is for and that is what sells the product today! Some people might call it noob behaviour/ VFM or whatever, if you have taken the time to create this thread the phone has created a hype with in you at some point in time!
Now whether you buy it you dont is a personal choice for that matter!

rdx_halo

In the zone
in spite of pricing Mi3 will not recreate MOTO G magic. It lacks a "Brand Name" in India. Only geeks, gamers and nerds will go for them for the time being not the ordinary people who still go for Moto. You know you can't flaunt a "Chinese mobile" in a party. Don't forget Motorola had a very strong foothold in India.

bhutoria_1989

Right off the assembly line
According to me, the hype is justified. A similar specced model is atleast twice the price.

Also, they will reach mainstream audience through the geeks because every close friend and relative asks their geek mates before making a purchase decision.

123hero

In the zone
the company themselves mention that they are not looking at profits by selling phones......Xiaomi was a software company that has now ventured into mobile manufacturing..just like Google is....Xiaomi is looking at earning money by selling their softwares and other bundled accesiories.
Regarding the ASS, yes a lot of people dont care much about ASS but its essential for some company looking forward to establish a footing in any country...and this will assume importance once their phones start getting conked off......which at the moment seems unlikely since they use branded equipments .
There will be a certain section of customers who would budge from an APPLE or a SAMSUNG just because Xiaomi or OnePlus One is attractive.....Chinese mobiles have gained a bad reputation in India and its not going to get wiped off anywhere soon...hence though Xiaomi might be able to sell like 10000 phones ..i am still skeptical of them gaining a considerable market share compared to Samsung or HTC

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Dont tell me you cant flaunt a Chinese mobile in a party. Buy an OppO and say that again. If you are in a party in Darbhanga then it might be an issue or if its a kitty part!!!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
the company themselves mention that they are not looking at profits by selling phones......Xiaomi was a software company that has now ventured into mobile manufacturing..just like Google is....Xiaomi is looking at earning money by selling their softwares and other bundled accesiories.
Regarding the ASS, yes a lot of people dont care much about ASS but its essential for some company looking forward to establish a footing in any country...and this will assume importance once their phones start getting conked off......which at the moment seems unlikely since they use branded equipments .
There will be a certain section of customers who would budge from an APPLE or a SAMSUNG just because Xiaomi or OnePlus One is attractive.....Chinese mobiles have gained a bad reputation in India and its not going to get wiped off anywhere soon...hence though Xiaomi might be able to sell like 10000 phones ..i am still skeptical of them gaining a considerable market share compared to Samsung or HTC
htc is nowhere .. Micromax became big only because of this reason..

true they won't be able to take place of samsung , , sony

but they sure will kill motorola and brands like mmx , xolo in 1 years time

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
htc is nowhere .. Micromax became big only because of this reason..

true they won't be able to take place of samsung , , sony

but they sure will kill motorola and brands like mmx , xolo in 1 years time

^ Oh i am sure it won't .because of a)Micromax will surely come up with a similar spec phone within a short time . b) Online shopping is still a fraction of smartphone sales in the country c)many people of this country are gullible enough to believe that octa-core **** is better than snapdragon 800 and if they don't shopkeepers are smart enough to persuade them about this.
I am saying this because i have seen a shopkeeper persuade a couple to buy canvas knight instead of moto x coz of better megapixel and octa core proccy and bigger display

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
they are yet to establish ASS centre for UP and bihar (not checked all other states). i have talked to many who have not registered / going to buy till there is a service centre in the city.
still, it is selling on flipkart like they are giving it for free :D

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^ Oh i am sure it won't .because of a)Micromax will surely come up with a similar spec phone within a short time . b) Online shopping is still a fraction of smartphone sales in the country c)many people of this country are gullible enough to believe that octa-core **** is better than snapdragon 800 and if they don't shopkeepers are smart enough to persuade them about this.
I am saying this because i have seen a shopkeeper persuade a couple to buy canvas knight instead of moto x coz of better megapixel and octa core proccy and bigger display

your point
a) they can't come up with a comparable phone not at all...

points b and c

i wrote that from online sales perspective only .. as motorola is also sold online only

when it comes to offline sales .. samsung and micromax are king ...!! not even sony and htc holds up against them.. but sony has improved up a lot with their advertisement and design of phones and in lower range .. Htc is lost though

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
your point
a) they can't come up with a comparable phone not at all...

points b and c

i wrote that from online sales perspective only .. as motorola is also sold online only

when it comes to offline sales .. samsung and micromax are king ...!! not even sony and htc holds up against them.. but sony has improved up a lot with their advertisement and design of phones and in lower range .. Htc is lost though
about the first point ... only time will tell that ... maybe they will rebrand a chinese phone with MT6595 within months and coupled with mali450.. it will surely give a tough competition to mi3 .

rish1

Cyborg Agent
about the first point ... only time will tell that ... maybe they will rebrand a chinese phone with MT6595 within months and coupled with mali450.. it will surely give a tough competition to mi3 .

Mt6595 does not have mali 450 and that is a good thing as it is weaker than Power vr 600 series which is there in Mt6595

anyways both power vr 6200 ( 6595 ) and Mali t760 MP4 are much weaker than Adreno 330

in cpu and antutu benchmarks though it can give tough competition to xiaomi mi3 .. antutu score will be around 45000 for mt 6595
but that is just a number though

but i doubt it mmx will price it at 14k , they have been pricing every high end mediatek chip phone they launch at around 20k i don't see that changing as they spend a lot on advertising , offline sales etc and xiaomi is not there in offline

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^CPU wise 6595 beats snapdragon 800 hands down now if the gpu is taken into context then the existing 6200 is near the level of Adreno 320 if not more and that too on 8135 dual core SOC . so, you can expect it to perform better on a much more efficient SOC like 6595.
And they will have to keep the prices down because of competition ...

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah once android one is launched i know that google will provide a rock stable OS to micromax which they will customize easily for their top segment phones.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i think its just lame when people go for a phone just by specs and pricing
i believe in actual experience and quality
when you buy a phone you expect a certain status factor and vfm features as well as good after sales
xiaomi has none,other than the snapdragon 800 found in the mi3 , the rest of the phone is just overhyped to cover up for it being a chinese product
i can say this for sure though,nokia,moto,lenovo,samsung,asus and even micromax till some extent make much better phones than this xiaomi hype and are better established in india
whats ever more stupid is the constant posts in every thread with a higher budget , someone will come along and talk about the xiaomi mi3 ,compare it with the more expensive phone(which the respective ops can afford and were willing to buy) and call other phones bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom