Whats up with Mi3 Hype ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^^CPU wise 6595 beats snapdragon 800 hands down now if the gpu is taken into context then the existing 6200 is near the level of Adreno 320 if not more and that too on 8135 dual core SOC . so, you can expect it to perform better on a much more efficient SOC like 6595.
And they will have to keep the prices down because of competition ...

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah once android one is launched i know that google will provide a rock stable OS to micromax which they will customize easily for their top segment phones.

lol power vr 6200 and is much weaker bro
see here..

*gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx30&os=Android&api=gl&D=MediaTek+MT6595&testgroup=overall

as per this leaked benchmark in manhatan test , adreno 330 is aprox 70-100 % faster than 6595 which is quite a big difference..

Regarding CPU we will have to wait for a cpu intensive benchmark before making any judgement.. antutu scores will obviously be higher because of higher no of cores

even then i can bet that the difference won't be that high ...so beating Sd 800 will still be far away but i agree chip is very cool but i don't think any brand other than Xiaomi will bring that chip for under 15k at launch... so xiaomi will remain ahead because of its pricing factor + gpu though

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Mt6595 does not have mali 450 and that is a good thing as it is weaker than Power vr 600 series which is there in Mt6595

anyways both power vr 6200 ( 6595 ) and Mali t760 MP4 are much weaker than Adreno 330

in cpu and antutu benchmarks though it can give tough competition to xiaomi mi3 .. antutu score will be around 45000 for mt 6595
but that is just a number though

but i doubt it mmx will price it at 14k , they have been pricing every high end mediatek chip phone they launch at around 20k i don't see that changing as they spend a lot on advertising , offline sales etc and xiaomi is not there in offline

Mali T760MP4 weaker than a Adreno 330 ?.....WHAT ?

Rockchip RK3288 with Mali-T760 GPU shows up on GFX Benchmark | ARCTABLET NEWS

According to the above article Mali T760 clearly beats the Ad 330 in high level tests but suffers in low level tests due to the weak CPU in the chip

All mediatek octa core setups have cortex A7 core's, the only octa core setup which beats a SD801..let alone a SD800 in CPU and browser benchmarks, is the Samsung Exynos 5422(1.9 Ghz Cortex A15+ 1.7 Ghz Cortex A7)

If Mediatek manages to pair the T760 with such a setup, they will get their selves a chip which will leave the SD 801/800 in the dust. One such chip is the MT6752 and if Micromax manages to get that inside an "Anroid One" phone, they will have themselves a winner.

Cheers!
AbhMkh

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Mali T760MP4 weaker than a Adreno 330 ?.....WHAT ?

Rockchip RK3288 with Mali-T760 GPU shows up on GFX Benchmark | ARCTABLET NEWS

According to the above article Mali T760 clearly beats the Ad 330 in high level tests but suffers in low level tests due to the weak CPU in the chip

All mediatek octa core setups have cortex A7 core's, the only octa core setup which beats a SD801..let alone a SD800 in CPU and browser benchmarks, is the Samsung Exynos 5422(1.9 Ghz Cortex A15+ 1.7 Ghz Cortex A7)

If Mediatek manages to pair the T760 with such a setup, they will get their selves a chip which will leave the SD 801/800 in the dust. One such chip is the MT6752 and if Micromax manages to get that inside an "Anroid One" phone, they will have themselves a winner.

Cheers!
AbhMkh

lol bro :lol: read the article again....

i'll post the highlights ...

T rex offscreen

Mali T760 MP4 - 21.9 fps
SD 800 - 28.3 Fps

Manhattan offscreen

Malt t760Mp4 - 9.6 FPS
SD 800 - 11.3 FPS

I really don't understand how you came to that conclusion when the scores are exactly opposite of what you are saying...

Are you comparing onscreen benchmarks Lol bro.. that rk3288 chip is running on 1280 x 800 while Sd 800 on 1920 x1080 ofcourse bench will be lower on SD800 due to high resolution

Bro although Mt6752 is great but it is nothing special actually .. it is 8 x cortex A53 .. it is an upgrade to Mt6592 chip

Cortex A53 is just an upgraded cortex A7 ..

the best chip so far from mediatek is 6595 itself with 4 x cortex A17 + 4 x cortex A7 in CPU

P.s - Malit760 is a monster GPU if used in 16 core configuration .. but all these vendors are using only 4 core Configuration .. at 16 cores it could easily beat Adreno 430 / Tegra k1 but i don't think thermals would allow that in a smartphone .. maybe they can come up with 8 core config .. i would prefer a quad core cortex A17 + 8 core Mali t760

Last edited:

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
lol power vr 6200 and is much weaker bro
see here..

*gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx30&os=Android&api=gl&D=MediaTek+MT6595&testgroup=overall

as per this leaked benchmark in manhatan test , adreno 330 is aprox 70-100 % faster than 6595 which is quite a big difference..

Regarding CPU we will have to wait for a cpu intensive benchmark before making any judgement.. antutu scores will obviously be higher because of higher no of cores

even then i can bet that the difference won't be that high ...so beating Sd 800 will still be far away but i agree chip is very cool but i don't think any brand other than Xiaomi will bring that chip for under 15k at launch... so xiaomi will remain ahead because of its pricing factor + gpu though
So, lets see how the Xiaomi compares with a future indian brand with a 6595T
a) Undoubtedly better GPU so you can play a bit more games. (Xi:1 MM:0)
b) Weaker CPU with lesser no of cores and with a 6595T it will be ever faster with "A True Octa Core(little Big Architecture)" so a lot better Multitasking and App navigation.(Xi:1 MM:1)
c) Android One vs MIUI - A rock Solid OS Supported by Google vs a ROM which needs a weekly update to patch bugs and that too of Huge in size 200-300Mbs(Xi:1 MM:2)
d)ASS of every Indian brand is more of less pathetic so zero points but even Xiaomi has very less service center except few elite cities and not a single center in more than half states of country so, it's virtually non existent .Moreover [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] was saying that a cneter in Mumbai refused to even accept the Brands name . so a zero point here also (Xi:1 MM:2)
You can add few points of your own if you deem fit and expand the list but as of now future MM is leading .
Good luck :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
b) Weaker CPU with lesser no of cores and with a 6595T it will be ever faster with "A True Octa Core(little Big Architecture)" so a lot better Multitasking and App navigation.(Xi:1 MM:1)
c) Android One vs MIUI - A rock Solid OS Supported by Google vs a ROM which needs a weekly update to patch bugs and that too of Huge in size 200-300Mbs(Xi:1 MM:2)
d)ASS of every Indian brand is more of less pathetic so zero points but even Xiaomi has very less service center except few elite cities and not a single center in more than half states of country so, it's virtually non existent .Moreover [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] was saying that a cneter in Mumbai refused to even accept the Brands name . so a zero point here also (Xi:1 MM:2)
You can add few points of your own if you deem fit and expand the list but as of now future MM is leading .

totally agree
while micromax makes bad devices maybe as bad as the other brands atleast their service is better than the other chinese brands
not just my friend a few more people have had such issues with the xiaomi service centres and mentioned it in the forums
firstly we indian users already have very few devices and often have down scaled expensive versions of most phones
and to add insult to injury most brands offer poor service in our country and dont honour warranties etc
i have better expectations from the one plus one and oppo because CM is more certainly better and more broad spectrumed than MIUI

- - - Updated - - -

i dont believe in buying phones based on purely specs
if it works and is good looking etc(same thing to look for in a woman :D :p) then its fine but buying a phone just because its a bit cheaper and has a snapdragon 800 is purely foolish
you can slap on a ferrari engine to a cheap regular car and sell it for cheap but you cannot compare it to a ferrari or even an audi tt or any other "inferior" car

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
lol bro :lol: read the article again....

i'll post the highlights ...

T rex offscreen

Mali T760 MP4 - 21.9 fps
SD 800 - 28.3 Fps

Manhattan offscreen

Malt t760Mp4 - 9.6 FPS
SD 800 - 11.3 FPS

I really don't understand how you came to that conclusion when the scores are exactly opposite of what you are saying...

Are you comparing onscreen benchmarks Lol bro.. that rk3288 chip is running on 1280 x 800 while Sd 800 on 1920 x1080 ofcourse bench will be lower on SD800 due to high resolution

Bro although Mt6752 is great but it is nothing special actually .. it is 8 x cortex A53 .. it is an upgrade to Mt6592 chip

Cortex A53 is just an upgraded cortex A7 ..

the best chip so far from mediatek is 6595 itself with 4 x cortex A17 + 4 x cortex A7 in CPU

P.s - Malit760 is a monster GPU if used in 16 core configuration .. but all these vendors are using only 4 core Configuration .. at 16 cores it could easily beat Adreno 430 / Tegra k1 but i don't think thermals would allow that in a smartphone .. maybe they can come up with 8 core config .. i would prefer a quad core cortex A17 + 8 core Mali t760

You are right, I forgot to take the resolution into account while checking the on screen numbers.

However, when we are talking about the Adreno 330 . We must take into account the version of the GPU

We have the SD800 in which the ad330 is running at 450mhz whereas in the 801ab/ac its running at an even higher clock speed.

The LG G2 which runs on the SD 800 scores 22/23 FPS in the onscreen/off screen TREX test.

Now the MALI T628MP6 inside the Exynos 5422 scores 27/27 whereas the HTC one m8 which has the sd801ac scores 27/28.

Going by the above numbers it is hard to believe that it will require a 16 core T760 to beat the adreno 330(the highest clocked version).

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ Oh Yeah CM is the closest you will get the the True android experience. so, what OPO has done that it has combined the cutting edge Hardware with the very best software and CM also has a guarantee of Updates for many years to come(Heck i am running CM9.0 on Galaxy ACE)

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, I forgot to take the resolution into account while checking the on screen numbers.

However, when we are talking about the Adreno 330 . We must take into account the version of the GPU

We have the SD800 in which the ad330 is running at 450mhz whereas in the 801ab/ac its running at an even higher clock speed.

The LG G2 which runs on the SD 800 scores 22/23 FPS in the onscreen/off screen TREX test.

Now the MALI T628MP6 inside the Exynos 5422 scores 27/27 whereas the HTC one m8 which has the sd801ac scores 27/28.

Going by the above numbers it is hard to believe that it will require a 16 core T760 to beat the adreno 330(the highest clocked version).
i believe 8 Cores are enough to take on an Adreno 330 with Peak performance around 160Glops

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] Please don't mind me buddy but it looks like you have opened a campaign against Xiaomi :cool:
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] looks like you have been paid a huge amount by Xiaomi to suugest it in every thread :twisted:
Just looks at 2 contrasts :lol:

rish1

Cyborg Agent

hehe that's a nice one !! but before i say anything do keep in mind i am a much bigger fan of Mediatek just trying to be objective here..

1) you are right
2) true
3) now wait a second here , how did android one come into picture here ? android one is a project for 100 $ cheap devices it is not going to come in 15-20k phones so not valid here atleast there has been no info on this part .. and if it were going to come at that price google would itself make a nexus with mediatek chip at that price partnering with a brand like lg,htc.. so point is not valid here..

4) nobody is talking about ASS here i never said anything about ASS ..

lol so by your equation the score is still 1-1 a tie :lol:

lets consider a few things

this is the first time mediatek is going for a powerful chip like Cortex A17 .. earlier we use to have 2 categories of phones and chips .. for under 10,000 rs range we had Chips like Mediatek 6572/ mediatek 6582 and for high range like 15-20k we had Mediatek 6589/ mediatek 6592 .. other variants like Mobile , turbo , hexa core were just "refresh" upgrades launched after 4-5 months

Lets look at the future
For 5000-10,000 they are bringing Mt6732
for 15000-20,000 Range they are bringing Mt 6752 ( replacement for 6592 .. octa core Cortex A53 )

ok now as per the roadmap .. see the roadmap pic

Mediatek roadmap shows 3 new 64bit SoCs for Chinese phones | Gizchina.com

you can clearly see that 6595 is going to be the most expensive chip out there.. as it is under premium category .. with this chip they are trying to compete with SD 805 and this would be priced above 20k i think more in the range of 20-25k

i am concerned about this area ... PRICING

what are your thoughts .. i am way too excited for 6595 as it is going to be super fast ,.. but i try to be realistic .. even by being overly optimistic you can clearly see that the chip is easily going to be priced at around 20k , nothing less than that .. and compare a 14k phone with 20k phone .. there will be difference of about 6-7k which is huge .. .. and to be real i see this chip going to 25k easily..and this brings all the points back in mi3 basket but it was great having discussion with you :)

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i know about both the versions but since we were comparing Xiaomi Mi3 vs mediatek as there is no sd800 phone in this range.. Xiaomi Mi3 has the faster Adreno 330 and scores about 28 fps.. so by Sd800 i meant sd800 of xiaomi mi3 .. so what i said still remains valid

bro that last Part the P.S was unrelated to the above content and was meant to be additional information l..

and i wasn't comparing 16 core mali T760 to adreno 330 , i was comparing it to Adreno 430 ( the one that is going to come in Snapdragon 810 next year ) i was saying that if we had a 16 core Mali T760 it would easily beat Adreno 430 by a very wide margin and tegra k1 now itself when adreno 430 will arrive next year.. just as a comment that how powerful mali t760 is in its full glory

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] Please don't mind me buddy but it looks like you have opened a campaign against Xiaomi :cool:
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] looks like you have been paid a huge amount by Xiaomi to suugest it in every thread :twisted:

:lol: bang on the point :lol:

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ Oh Yeah CM is the closest you will get the the True android experience. so, what OPO has done that it has combined the cutting edge Hardware with the very best software and CM also has a guarantee of Updates for many years to come(Heck i am running CM9.0 on Galaxy ACE)

- - - Updated - - -

i believe 8 Cores are enough to take on an Adreno 330 with Peak performance around 160Glops

- - - Updated - - -

lol :lol: no i hate it when misinformation is spread,i hate all chinese brands equally :p
ive seen my friends suffer in this aspect and i myself have had issues with such products in the past so i like to open peoples eyes to the reality of such brands :D

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Having used and as an owner ofmi3 dare I say it's one of the best phones I have come across.. To generalise and dismiss these as "Chinese" phones would be an understatement
Companies like Xiaomi, Oneplus, OPPO, ZTE, Huawei etc are really upping their game and producing world class phones and if people are stuck in the past it's their loss..
But to pass on your misconception as truth to others is a bit naive and a bit desperate
Grow up kid, the world is changing [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

Flake

Linux User
Having used and as an owner ofmi3 dare I say it's one of the best phones I have come across.. To generalise and dismiss these as "Chinese" phones would be an understatement
Companies like Xiaomi, Oneplus, OPPO, ZTE, Huawei etc are really upping their game and producing world class phones and if people are stuck in the past it's their loss..
But to pass on your misconception as truth to others is a bit naive and a bit desperate
Grow up kid, the world is changing @kkn13
+1 ^^

Minion

Conversation Architect
lol :lol: no i hate it when misinformation is spread,i hate all chinese brands equally :p
ive seen my friends suffer in this aspect and i myself have had issues with such products in the past so i like to open peoples eyes to the reality of such brands :D

@kkn But in other thread you said you haven't used phone below 20k :p well i guess that would be re branded Chinese one. All Indian brands have pathetic service But i must say within 10k Xolo phones are much better than samshit even Sony.

Criteria for people differs some buy just to show off,Some need better specification,Some needs large screen even with pathetic screen resolution etc etc.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Grow up kid, the world is changing [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

i only talk about my experience or my friends experience with chinese phones like the ones you mentioned
you should grow up instead of buying a phone based off specs just for lame games not me
im desperate?? for what?? i own some excellent phones and i dont own any phone company so no

ohh and fyi,one plus one,oppo huwei and ZTE make better devices and offer decent service abroad for some time now,xiaomi is a newcomer which people assume is good

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Myself is a fan of VFM phones I will not buy a phone more than 15k ever.They just gets outdated very fast.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
@kkn But in other thread you said you haven't used phone below 20k :p well i guess that would be re branded Chinese one. All Indian brands have pathetic service But i must say within 10k Xolo phones are much better than samshit even Sony.

Criteria for people differs some buy just to show off,Some need better specification,Some needs large screen even with pathetic screen resolution etc etc.

+1000 thats true, i said i dont own any phone under 20k any more except for my beloved 720 which got a price drop
what i mean to say is,for approx 15k your better off with an asus ,lenovo or moto phone than chinese offerings
at the 10k price bracket,its a different story,nokias 630 and 530s are a let down and so are the X-series(discontinued a few days ago),sony and samsungs offerings within 10k are really pathetic and laggy compared to lenovo,xolo,moto etc
criteria may differ for everyone but its wrong to say a nexus 5 is inferior to xiaomi mi3 just because its cheaper and shares a snapdragon 800

- - - Updated - - -

Myself is a fan of VFM phones I will not buy a phone more than 15k ever.They just gets outdated very fast.

thats also true!! I buy phones for roughly 20k and use it for 1-1.5 years before switching or keep my old phone and a new one

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
this thread is really pointless..anyway [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]
apart from the accesibilty to latest android builds and "perhaps" ASS and the long term reliabilty , i cant seem to find any reason how Nexus can be considered superior to mi3 , Can you point out anything ,may be your "experiences" can be elaborated here
at this price point those risks are worth taking for me and the arguements are redudant.. MIUI is customised android currently 4.4.2 and so far i havent had any issues with the phone no FCs no random reboots nothing,

the OS lets u use any apps, like all other android phones and the UI is more of a subjective factor
infact CM's steven has said he is jealous of MIUI theme engine
kinda reminds me of the old nokia symbian days

Cheap doesnt always mean poor quality and vice versa
One more thing you need to realise is mi3 is a phone which is almost at the end of its cycle ,the phone was released in china back around novemeber 2013 for about 320$ ,perhaps that might be the reason why its price has come down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom