What's the protocol of this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Let me ask this straight and only once, what's the protocol of this site? I mean there sure is one, otherwise the amount and significance of trolling which have been done here by some intelligent members are beyond any community's rules, am I right?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion? Good. Does that mean if I say something like, hey eating your own shite is good for your health, I mean does that apply? Cause what has been told here is no better than that. Especially comments like this, <snip> I have several other epic comments like that, as you can see how many views that comment already had :-D

You just have to hate Samsung to be here? If you don't hate them, don't bash them, just GTFO of here, or better yet just ban the person, right?

You must like Xiomai, Micromax, LG etc. and should say good words about them? Right?

Basically you MUST agree to all these school kids, and if you don't, hey let's ban him, right? It's self explanatory that whom I am referring as school kids here, let's not jabber over that.

You must not have money to be here, I mean you have to have less money, and if by some chance you earn a good amount then that's illegitimate money, right?

Just because YOU don't have any money to buy a good phone, you should not buy it? And what YOU buy is the best in the world, and everything else is overpriced crap? Because your purchased product is value for money and absolutely nothing else is? :lol: I mean for how long this comparison of Apples and Oranges will continue?

Just because you CAN buy a BMW you shouldn't buy one, why? Because hey let's buy a Nano and call it better than a BMW, because it comes at 1/10th price and basically does what a BMW does? Right?

I mean what kind of fraking nonsense is this? I get that some are mentally troubled, but to what length? And if they are then what are they doing in this forum, but not consulting the doctors?

I understand that these are college kids and all that, but how hard it is to stay within one's limit?

I am having difficulties understanding these! Same imaginary, invalid and baseless message is posted and being repeated here, thousand times, and yet no one has said a single damn thing!

I was previously told to ignore these members, and that's exactly what I did, I tried best to ignore these kind of people and yet whenever I post something (which is not targeted to any one particular) I have been quoted! Why take is personally?

So if you this forum's purpose is to mislead users then let's add a tag to the site, something like this is an anti-Samsung, or anti-something else community, you are warned, or change the forum's name to something like Think-Analog or something like that?

I have owned more than 30 flagship phones (actual flagships, not imaginary ones!) in past 12+ years, with my own illegitimate money, that number alone is more than the average age of these intelligent persons :lol: No, this does not give me any more credit, but what it DOES is that it gives me more personal experience, I am not confined to reading different websites' review only and base my comment on, rather I have personal experience with them! Also it doesn't matter how intelligent you are, you simply can not have the maturity and experience without growing in age, cause you haven't even seen the world enough yet!

Also by this time it's more or less a taken idea that I am a Samsung fanboy. The most hilarious thing is, I am not, I was actually banned from XDA because I badmouthed Samsung in their own section :) But yes, after having experience with literally all the major brands I do come back to them, now only if some people had the simplest idea of why!

Anyway, let's not squeeze this topic more, just give me an answer of the above, that's all. Honestly I came back here after few months, only to ask for suggestions for my purchase, I would leave it anyway, but still other people should know, I mean other normal users, who have not yet had the training to be a PhD of trolling, it has to be coded to the DNA after all.

I am more or less certain that I wasted my five or six minutes by creating this topic, well, I had five minutes to waste, lets put it that way. Now I am going to sleep, cause I will have to get up early tomorrow to go to office and work my ass off and earn some illegitimate money. I will check if anyone bothers to comment here or not, or better yet, ban me, cause you know that's the easiest thing to do when you don't have any answer ;)

Cheers.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol. yeah you are right. I wanted to post so many times there might come a time, when you are earning your own money, when you won't even look at these phones.
but then, these do seem to be the most used ones.
That is the zeitgeist, and not just with the kids. It is not restricted to this forum, this viewpoint is pervasive and everywhere. So I shut up.

but yes, it can be very misleading for tech enthusiasts.
Every single question, every conversation, every thread ends in the same way. MMX is the answer no matter what your question is.

MMX is the answer even if someone wants an MP3 player. Soon, if someone asks suggestions for a camera, or a console or a TV, the suggestions would be to just buy the MMX because it is most VFM.

mitraark

Decrepit
This is how all forums work, this is how the entire internet works. People new to the internet especially, have it really hard, fitting into the system, it feels like you've to go with the 1337 to become on of them. and they carried away in the process. It's only after years that you realize the futility of it all.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Ha ha, best answer actually :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

This is how all forums work,
Actually I can't agree with that. Been in at least 20+ forums , I have never encountered a forum like this, where insane statements are allowed and in fact supported with the same nonsense +10000 message over and over again. In fact if a newcomer visits this site it will certainly look like a Nolan movie, like Inception or something, continuing in loop or some sort.

The funny thing is those stuffs they are recommending now won't even be in existence in future, or even if they do exist it will be taken over by the same company which these Einsteins are hating now :lol:

However yes, I do agree that after years one realises what had actually happened, but still that doesn't mean that you can or should allow this hooliganism in the meantime.

I have been taking screenshots of these comments for sometime and I will upload that folder to some other forum when I have 100 of them (already more than half is added to collection) and make sure that at least other forums can see how one trolls with masterfulness.

Once again, why am I bothered? The only reason, I am bothered about the newcomers, that's all. Those garbage statements HAVE and WILL mislead some amateur users, yes, in large scale it will mean nothing, but why even mislead ONE user? Who gave the authority (I am talking about the moderation part here, not those posts, they can't digest their daily food without coming here and posting some nonsense, that's proven, so you can't stop that)?

What's the point of a forum? In my dictionary its about helping others, leading them to get what they want with their money. And what's been happening here? Blind hatred, causing invalid and imaginary statements. Have these trolls ever thought that how hard they are being actually laughed at?

Well, as usual, another wastage of post. Time to go back to ban myself.

[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION]: Well shutting up is the best way to go, surely. But mate you are a mod, so you shouldn't shut up, unless you don't care about what happens here, however the way things go here I can't blame you for not caring.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
It would mean just deleting most of the posts, can't just silence the majority opinion, there wouldn't be much of a forum then

all I can say is India is a very price sensitive market

even my friend told me the same thing, he landed up in this forum trying to look up information about blackberry, and all he found were troll posts instead. He was like, what is the use, why are they even posting.
he only told me because my email is the same as my forum id

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
It would mean just deleting most of the posts, can't just silence the majority opinion, there wouldn't be much of a forum then

all I can say is India is a very price sensitive market

even my friend told me the same thing, he landed up in this forum trying to look up information about blackberry, and all he found were troll posts instead
he only told me because my email is the same as my forum id

Well I mean you can at least ask to refrain from posting if the comment is nonsensical. If someone creates a topic now asking for a phone suggestion with something like 50k budget, and if I go there and suggest him/her a Nokia 1200, what will happen? Price sensitivity only applies when a user is asking for a VFM money, but if one is asking and wanting to spend 50+k then there's no point in redirecting him to phones like OPO, or G3 and call it value for money. Just show me ONE forum where one user says that a Yu Yureka phone has better camera image quality than an S4, ONE forum, that's all I ask. Anyway, I feel like I am repeating myself, well!

Yes, India is a price sensitive market, true, but honestly speaking it's good. It's not really good some rich fraks get anything just because they have money, most of them don't even know what they are purchasing, so it's good to know the value for money (another term which has been abused terribly over and over here). Right now when a friend asks hey happy should I buy the Note 4? I simply ask, NO, wait for six months, it doesn't matter if the person is terribly rich or not.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The sh!t I have to deal with.. just look at my Joining date.. I have seen it all, except the mods section ;)

Flash

Lost in speed
ThinkAnalog? That sounds like mild trolling - Because the name has been changed to just 'Digit' long back. Btw, not everybody is serious when comes to the web. Some comes really with a +ve mindset of helping people with their expertise, some other comes for occasional fun (not for trolling) & occasional tech and the last category exists only for trolling. People from 2 & 3 often linger between their categories, but that doesn't mean all are trolls.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] you are speaking like the Big corporations, they want all negative comments go away from internet search results. Both positive and negative comments about anything should be there if available.
If anyone preventing anybody from posting a negative comment about any product/company/service in lieu of previous bad experience, that is technically illegal and unethical.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
[MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] you are speaking like the Big corporations, they want all negative comments go away from internet search results. Both positive and negative comments about anything should be there if available.
If anyone preventing anybody from posting a negative comment about any product/company/service in lieu of previous bad experience, that is technically illegal and unethical.

That's absolutely ridiculous mate. There should not be any negative comments on things which don't deserve any negative comments, at the same time there should not be any positive comments about shite things.

It's typical Indian mentality, we always see a half glass of water as half empty rather than half full! And we always try to find imaginary negatives from literally everything.

Your comment is extremely weird!

axes2t2

I am a cat
That's absolutely ridiculous mate. There should not be any negative comments on things which don't deserve any negative comments, at the same time there should not be any positive comments about shite things.

It's typical Indian mentality, we always see a half glass of water as half empty rather than half full! And we always try to find imaginary negatives from literally everything.

Your comment is extremely weird!

Happens all over the world darling.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Just go through the threads here > *www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/
does not matter whether your budget is 10k or 15k or 20k or 25k or 30k
does not matter what your requirements are
the whole section has very specific kind of suggestions
any other suggestions apart from these off brand phones are vehemently shot down, and it is just too much effort to sort out that clusterfudge of misconceptions
many of the pros or cons pointed out have nothing to do with what the OP wanted, answering all of those would just derail the thread. In any case, the threads tend to become about the perceptions of the posters, instead of what is suitable for the OP. At times, the OP vanishes after the initial post, which is hilarious, but also sad.
often, people have prevented others from buying perfectly good devices

Flash

Lost in speed
You can't control Internet; That's how it will work and it should be. A person may find a 10K phone better than 30K phone for his need, and can express his opinion on that - but that doesn't mean he's forcing the other to buy it. Nobody's gonna buy a product, just because of one person's opinion.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yes, but many times these are irrelevant opinions
it can be confusing and frustrating in a section meant for seeking out advice

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
I used to suggest rigs too and let me tell you, I dint want OP to waste money, so I suggested what's "VFM". You are using a 20k thread snap and saying that why suggest OPO when someone wants to spend 50k? why? And if someone suggests OPO instead on a M8, I feel bad for him :| I usually never suggested a Z97 as it was for overclocking and it didnt do good for OP's needs(i.e gaming) but if OP had the buget to spend on it after meeting whats actually good for his needs, I suggested it and I am pretty sure SaiyanGoku does this too. I wont say anything about his opinion tho, Its his and he's expressing it, its his opinion and its not like he's forcing it on anybody. If he's wrong, you are very welcome to correct him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom