What's the protocol of this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

$hadow

Geek in making
if you are using the product, then you can always post something actual about it, not just "this is better than that because i say so". posts similar to S3 and Yu camera comparison should and must have some proof. there are things you cant provide proof for tho and I agree with you on that. Also if posting in words, it should have good some explanation or a link to prove you right. you cannot possibly be the only person in the world with the problem.

yup this is what I can second.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
please add one more guideline about VFM....since most of the threads are filled with suggestions from people about who has no idea about what "value for money" is but harps on that fact and suggests cheap stuff.
Cheap=/=VFM.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
This is a very important conversation
we just need to come up with guidelines for replying to the buying advice section, and pin it to the top

drafting a list, can be more suggestions, or changes

1. Don't post unrelated, generic comments on the brands you hate. This just pollutes the thread and helps nobody.
2. If someone wants a particular feature, say Camera, don't post about other factors such as VFM/ RAM/ Community Support - that are the strengths of the model you are recommending, or weaknesses of the model OP has in mind. Focus on the Camera only
3. If someone wants a particular brand, don't post opinions on why OP is making a mistake by going for that brand
4. Do not engage with anyone other than the OP. (This one thing should solve most of the issues)
5. Don't go off topic and post subjective statements (this is a no brainer, but there are many posts which actually start with, sorry for going off topic... or I feel that... or I do not prefer...)
6. Post suggestions on what to buy. Don't post suggestions on what not to buy.
7. This statement is not allowed > No point in spending _____K just for getting _____
8. If someone wants a particular OS, don't post recommendations for another OS or your opinions on why that OS sucks.
9. Don't post personal experiences of your uncle or your friend. If you want to add credibility to what you are saying, post a link.
Agreed with all the points. However point 9 could be modified, but for the sake of all the lying which goes on here I say keep it like that.

Just look what happens, no offence, but all these nine points are extremely BASIC and these points should not even be needed to be mentioned at first place, well :(

- - - Updated - - -

please add one more guideline about VFM....since most of the threads are filled with suggestions from people about who has no idea about what "value for money" is but harps on that fact and suggests cheap stuff.
Cheap=/=VFM.

Yeah that, and make a rule of something like, stop comparing Apples and Oranges :lol: If the suggestion seeker wants an Apple suggest that only, no need to say Orange is better than Apple because it's cheap :p (metaphorical example in case someone doesn't understand!)

- - - Updated - - -

posts similar to S3 and Yu camera comparison should and must have some proof.
I would not have created this topic if the comparison were between S3 adn YY, it was the S4, but I am sure you made a typo there.

Quote from the buying section:

E8 camera is not bad
Z1 camera is not bad either

Exmor in Z series is actually very superior
put aside the self cracking screen and overheating and its superior in every way than S5
One Plus One also has a Sony Exmor sensor

S4 and S5 camera is oversaturated and tends to take "burst" style photos and its flash is bad

:rofl:

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Agreed with all the points. However point 9 could be modified, but for the sake of all the lying which goes on here I say keep it like that.

Just look what happens, no offence, but all these nine points are extremely BASIC and these points should not even be needed to be mentioned at first place, well :(

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that, and make a rule of something like, stop comparing Apples and Oranges :lol: If the suggestion seeker wants an Apple suggest that only, no need to say Orange is better than Apple because it's cheap :p (metaphorical example in case someone doesn't understand!)

- - - Updated - - -

I would not have created this topic if the comparison were between S3 adn YY, it was the S4, but I am sure you made a typo there.

Quote from the buying section:

:rofl:

no need to be an idiot about others opinions.
if you cant respect other knowledge and experience with photography,you certainly dont belong in a forum.
out of all TDF members ,you are the only one who doesnt play well with the opinions of others.
ive ignored you for a really long time now and so have the others(everyone PMs each other regarding these things),you always have to fight with someone and push your lame opinions with ZERO knowledge and experience on others

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
even last time you got a warning because of you fighting with other forum members such as saiyangoku
You were specifically told not to engage in discussions with people whose opinions you cant agree with
We all have done our part and ignored you totally,you just cant get along with other forum members and you HAVE to reply and post quote everyone,learn to ignore
all forum members argue but you are trolling on a whole different level,im afraid

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
one of the mods will post replying guide for the mobile buying guide section
after figuring out the exact wording of the guide
meanwhile, the threads there will be cleaned up as per moderator's discretion

closing this thread as it has served it's purpose

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have to say, ithehappy is correct. But sometimes he himself goes out of control if somebody baits (?) him a little.

The problem is, two people here can neither agree to agree, nor agree to disagree. So, we usually see personal feuds going on all over the forum. This forum is more like a WWE feud arena now filled with keyboard wrestlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom