What's the protocol of this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You can't control Internet; That's how it will work and it should be. A person may find a 10K phone better than 30K phone for his need, and can express his opinion on that - but that doesn't mean he's forcing the other to buy it. Nobody's gonna buy a product, just because of one person's opinion.

This opinion is plain wrong. Especially the underlined part.

Yes, a person might find a 10k phone better for his needs, and also can express his opinion on that, but as long as the topic is limited to 10k phones. Here, a person asks for a 30+k phone and a 10k phone is recommended to him! That's just plain trolling or childishness or whatever stupid term is there just apply it. And this is NOT how internet should be, absolutely not.

My mother uses a Samsung Guru phone (which I bought her three years ago, for an insane 1.5k) and she says its a great phone and she says she has absolutely no need for an upgrade when I ask her to get an Android or something, but I have never heard her saying her phone is better than mine, if a woman of almost sixty year can have that knowledge (with ZERO technological knowledge) then it should be the minimal acceptance level of a technological forum site, plain and simple.

Also those muppets here do force others to buy below average products when a person is actually asking for a top end product. Yes, no one with good mind will listen to those, but as I said, even if ONE person is mislead, that's just disgusting.

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Just go through the threads here > *www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/
does not matter whether your budget is 10k or 15k or 20k or 25k or 30k
does not matter what your requirements are

the whole section has very specific kind of suggestions
any other suggestions apart from these off brand phones are vehemently shot down, and it is just too much effort to sort out that clusterfudge of misconceptions
many of the pros or cons pointed out have nothing to do with what the OP wanted, answering all of those would just derail the thread. In any case, the threads tend to become about the perceptions of the posters, instead of what is suitable for the OP. At times, the OP vanishes after the initial post, which is hilarious, but also sad.
often, people have prevented others from buying perfectly good devices
Precisely my point.

- - - Updated - - -

Freedom of [STRIKE]speech[/STRIKE] trolling i guess...

There, looks much better now :)

- - - Updated - - -

Two or three more shots from my Digit Collection folder ;)

<snip>

Now if you are to tell me that these are opinions then two things are possible, either you are drunk with at least a kilolitre of whisky or you have serious problem.

And my question stands, show me one such forum, ONE. At least I haven't come across any, if you have let me know.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ow. let's not get personal. Removed the screencaps.

comments in web sites of our newspapers are like that, but no one is seeking out specific buying advice there.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I read it whole and a few times thought of contributing in either side but found you guys are doing a good job anyway.

But, now OP, you want to close the topic. I'm really surprised now.

Why did you open this thread? what did you think you would achieve by this discussion? Have you met your goal?

Anyway, a very very rhetorical question answered by few members here. A pointless discussion and I'm glad that OP realized soon enough its going nowhere.

I find THIS thread is the right example of trolling!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
This is a very important conversation
we just need to come up with guidelines for replying to the buying advice section, and pin it to the top

drafting a list, can be more suggestions, or changes

1. Don't post unrelated, generic comments on the brands you hate. This just pollutes the thread and helps nobody.
2. If someone wants a particular feature, say Camera, don't post about other factors such as VFM/ RAM/ Community Support - that are the strengths of the model you are recommending, or weaknesses of the model OP has in mind. Focus on the Camera only
3. If someone wants a particular brand, don't post opinions on why OP is making a mistake by going for that brand
4. Do not engage with anyone other than the OP. (This one thing should solve most of the issues)
5. Don't go off topic and post subjective statements (this is a no brainer, but there are many posts which actually start with, sorry for going off topic... or I feel that... or I do not prefer...)
6. Post suggestions on what to buy. Don't post suggestions on what not to buy.
7. This statement is not allowed > No point in spending _____K just for getting _____
8. If someone wants a particular OS, don't post recommendations for another OS or your opinions on why that OS sucks.
9. Don't post personal experiences of your uncle or your friend. If you want to add credibility to what you are saying, post a link.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It is indeed true about what [MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] says.

But lets consider the possible demographics here. Most seriously earning professionals would not have the time to sit and go through numerous threads answering various questions because they have another life. Those who are free to do that may be students and people in between jobs. At that stage in one's life it is difficult to comprehend them contemplating buying a 50K+ phone which can be gone in a second if it slips off one's hand in rush hour. So only the lower budget models appear reasonable.

Giving my own example, while I was a student I used to think why all these rich kids waste so much money on all these new models while I was perfectly happy with Nokia 1100 (and that was the model I used to recommend). Now I have changed my thinking to look for features at a decent price. (Hence the ZR I am carrying now bought at 27K).

But I still find it difficult to suggest / buy a flagship inspite of the advantages.

Now I keep quiet if my thinking is generally not in line with the thinking of a original poster or may gently suggest something and leave it at that. But sometimes people can be militant with what they believe in.

Overall I say [MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] lets just live and let live. As this generation grows up, things will surely improve and we will be there to watch it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
we just need to come up with guidelines for replying to the buying advice section, and pin it to the top

1. Don't post unrelated, generic comments on the brands you hate. This just pollutes the thread and helps nobody.
2. If someone wants a particular feature, say Camera, don't post about other factors such as VFM/ RAM/ Community Support - that are the strengths of the model you are recommending, or weaknesses of the model OP has in mind. Focus on the Camera only
3. If someone wants a particular brand, don't post opinions on why OP is making a mistake by going for that brand
4. Do not engage with anyone other than the OP. (This one thing should solve most of the issues)
5. Don't go off topic and post subjective statements (this is a no brainer, but there are many posts which actually start with, sorry for going off topic... or I feel that... or I do not prefer...)
7. This statement is not allowed > No point in spending _____K just for getting _____
8. If someone wants a particular OS, don't post recommendations for another OS or your opinions on why that OS sucks.
9. Don't post personal experiences of your uncle or your friend. If you want to add credibility to what you are saying, post a link.

Now, this is something that makes this a useful thread. Action-points rather ranting!
[MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION], I'm not sure I agree with everything here.
May be it should be pointed out to put at least 5 reasons for any recommendations

And,
My viewpoint here a lot of us actually pay more attention or importance to what our peers say on any purchase rather reading a blog/site. This is why forums have crowd. Whats the point of having a forum when only opinion you post is what someone else has to say on that.
Whats your contribution on that?
Sorry, I can't support point 9.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan

I just do not agree with this at all except may be for #1 & #5.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Let me ask this straight and only once, what's the protocol of this site? I mean there sure is one, otherwise the amount and significance of trolling which have been done here by some intelligent members are beyond any community's rules, am I right?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion? Good. Does that mean if I say something like, hey eating your own shite is good for your health, I mean does that apply? Cause what has been told here is no better than that. Especially comments like this, <snip> I have several other epic comments like that, as you can see how many views that comment already had :-D

You just have to hate Samsung to be here? If you don't hate them, don't bash them, just GTFO of here, or better yet just ban the person, right?

You must like Xiomai, Micromax, LG etc. and should say good words about them? Right?

Basically you MUST agree to all these school kids, and if you don't, hey let's ban him, right? It's self explanatory that whom I am referring as school kids here, let's not jabber over that.

You must not have money to be here, I mean you have to have less money, and if by some chance you earn a good amount then that's illegitimate money, right?

Just because YOU don't have any money to buy a good phone, you should not buy it? And what YOU buy is the best in the world, and everything else is overpriced crap? Because your purchased product is value for money and absolutely nothing else is? :lol: I mean for how long this comparison of Apples and Oranges will continue?

Just because you CAN buy a BMW you shouldn't buy one, why? Because hey let's buy a Nano and call it better than a BMW, because it comes at 1/10th price and basically does what a BMW does? Right?

I mean what kind of fraking nonsense is this? I get that some are mentally troubled, but to what length? And if they are then what are they doing in this forum, but not consulting the doctors?

I understand that these are college kids and all that, but how hard it is to stay within one's limit?

I am having difficulties understanding these! Same imaginary, invalid and baseless message is posted and being repeated here, thousand times, and yet no one has said a single damn thing!

I was previously told to ignore these members, and that's exactly what I did, I tried best to ignore these kind of people and yet whenever I post something (which is not targeted to any one particular) I have been quoted! Why take is personally?

So if you this forum's purpose is to mislead users then let's add a tag to the site, something like this is an anti-Samsung, or anti-something else community, you are warned, or change the forum's name to something like Think-Analog or something like that?

I have owned more than 30 flagship phones (actual flagships, not imaginary ones!) in past 12+ years, with my own illegitimate money, that number alone is more than the average age of these intelligent persons :lol: No, this does not give me any more credit, but what it DOES is that it gives me more personal experience, I am not confined to reading different websites' review only and base my comment on, rather I have personal experience with them! Also it doesn't matter how intelligent you are, you simply can not have the maturity and experience without growing in age, cause you haven't even seen the world enough yet!

Also by this time it's more or less a taken idea that I am a Samsung fanboy. The most hilarious thing is, I am not, I was actually banned from XDA because I badmouthed Samsung in their own section :) But yes, after having experience with literally all the major brands I do come back to them, now only if some people had the simplest idea of why!

Anyway, let's not squeeze this topic more, just give me an answer of the above, that's all. Honestly I came back here after few months, only to ask for suggestions for my purchase, I would leave it anyway, but still other people should know, I mean other normal users, who have not yet had the training to be a PhD of trolling, it has to be coded to the DNA after all.

I am more or less certain that I wasted my five or six minutes by creating this topic, well, I had five minutes to waste, lets put it that way. Now I am going to sleep, cause I will have to get up early tomorrow to go to office and work my ass off and earn some illegitimate money. I will check if anyone bothers to comment here or not, or better yet, ban me, cause you know that's the easiest thing to do when you don't have any answer ;)

Cheers.

holy hell!
u hit the nail right on the head my dear sir :p

and yeah...welcome back !

- - - Updated - - -

so when exactly am i going to see the guidelines implemented?
really getting tired of seeing sub standard cheap components getting suggested just because its "cheap" or "VFM"

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Quote Originally Posted by Anorion View Post

+1, support all of points especially, point no 9

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

+1 to this, but cant agree with point 9. Rather make it this
Dont post personal experiences of anyone unless and until you have a proof for it.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
+1 to this, but cant agree with point 9. Rather make it this
Dont post personal experiences of anyone unless and until you have a proof for it.

My viewpoint here a lot of us actually pay more attention or importance to what our peers say on any purchase rather reading a blog/site. This is why forums have crowd. Whats the point of having a forum when only opinion you post is what someone else has to say on that.
Whats your contribution on that?
Sorry, I can't support point 9.

Hmm.. I included it to exclude second hand personal experiences, which may be an exception rather than the norm, or dependent on too many factors.

So how about
Posting personal experiences are encouraged, but avoid statements that may not be uniformly applicable to everyone, everywhere.
eg: My friend had to run around a lot to get after sales service from HTC
If OP has given location, it is fine to post information relevant to that location

snap

Lurker

I mostly never browse the mobile buying section but

If someone avoids AMD products cause he heard it overheats isn't it good to enlighten him or something? but if the OP says he don't want AMD cause of previous bad experiences like product going kaput etc then its ok i think.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Hmm.. I included it to exclude second hand personal experiences, which may be an exception rather than the norm, or dependent on too many factors.

So how about
Posting personal experiences are encouraged, but avoid statements that may not be uniformly applicable to everyone, everywhere.
eg: My friend had to run around a lot to get after sales service from HTC
If OP has given location, it is fine to post information relevant to that location
yeah thats fine. But things like personal comparisons between products should only be posted with some proof and not just words.

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah thats fine. But things like personal comparisons between products should only be posted with some proof and not just words.

you see if i have owned a product or used a product that is a personal touch and if I have anything to say about it which is for or against that I will only be able to tell by posting not by some proof.
So sometimes we have to show a bit of soft side on a certain topics.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
you see if i have owned a product or used a product that is a personal touch and if I have anything to say about it which is for or against that I will only be able to tell by posting not by some proof.
So sometimes we have to show a bit of soft side on a certain topics.

if you are using the product, then you can always post something actual about it, not just "this is better than that because i say so". posts similar to S3 and Yu camera comparison should and must have some proof. there are things you cant provide proof for tho and I agree with you on that. Also if posting in words, it should have good some explanation or a link to prove you right. you cannot possibly be the only person in the world with the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom