What's the best Windows Explorer alternative?

Chetan1991

Youngling
Occasionally Windows Explorer on my laptop starts to consume 25% processing power and the fan goes in overdrive, and system to heat up, for apparently no reason. What could be the reason of this?
What's the best alternative to explorer with great integration, features, stability and lightweighted-ness?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Occasionally Windows Explorer on my laptop starts to consume 25% processing power and the fan goes in overdrive, and system to heat up, for apparently no reason. What could be the reason of this?
What's the best alternative to explorer with great integration, features, stability and lightweighted-ness?
well to simply explore files i used to use winrar.........

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Is not Explorer one of the default process in Windows? You can try different explorer like explorer++ and all, but explorer will be still running right?

This can be issue with indexing, or you may have added some network drive that no longer exist, or try disabling autoplay to reduce the process usage.

Try to figure, what exacytly causes the process hogging.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Is not Explorer one of the default process in Windows? You can try different explorer like explorer++ and all, but explorer will be still running right?

This can be issue with indexing, or you may have added some network drive that no longer exist, or try disabling autoplay to reduce the process usage.

Try to figure, what exacytly causes the process hogging.

well prvsly when i had to use some heavy applications or games i used to close explorer.exe from task manager and use the task manger's explorer to locate and run......

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
well prvsly when i had to use some heavy applications or games i used to close explorer.exe from task manager and use the task manger's explorer to locate and run......

What? How you live without start menu taskbar, desktop icon? and how much memory you saved by doing this :-|

kaz

right here

Check running processes. It happens sometimes due to corrupt files.

ratul

█████████████████
i use DOpus, feature rich, great customization, nice interface, lightweight, best in my opinion.. :)

Flash

Lost in speed
In details view, Only file sizes are shown. The size of folder is not showing. Any ways to make to show?
Only 3rd party apps can do that; Microsoft has disabled the registry hack for showing the folder sizes from vista.
Folder Size for Windows

Top Bottom