What's the Administrator password for Ubuntu7.10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New

Padawan
Friends please tell me the default Administrator password for Ubuntu live DVD..I mean when i give the command "su" in terminal it asks for a password and i need that softy..
Thanks..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
New said:
Friends please tell me the default Administrator password for Ubuntu live DVD..I mean when i give the command "su" in terminal it asks for a password and i need that softy..
Thanks..

The password you entered when you installed the Ubuntu.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I don't think there is one, when I did a sudo dpkg last time it NEVER asked for any password. And is not su, its sudo baby ;-)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
when you open terminal in live cdin ubuntu 7.10 it clearly displays 'use sudo to perform administrative tasks'(well something like that :)) And yhere is no root passwrod required.

OP
New

New

Padawan
Thanks for the replays...Let me clear it little bit more..Actually i was trying to use net from live DVD(digit dvd) and i followed the procedure in the thread"How to connect to net".When i tried to save the file which we edit i got a error that"u don't have permission"...So, now i tried to enter in to administrator mode by giving the command "su".. Here it asks the password.What's that password?
@The Devil Himself
Thanks.. I did't notice that..will try it ...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
If you wanna change it then just type: "sudo passwd" and give a new password. But that will only last till the LiveCD session. You can do this to change root password in an installed system too.

OP
New

New

Padawan
^Thank you very much..Going to boot Ubuntu now..

Thanks friends..Everything goes fine till the end..But, when I enter the command "wvdial..."to connect to net it gives a msg like this"
wvdial.conf

(gedit:9107): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.56
WvDial<Err>: Cannot open /dev/ttyACM0 #: No such file or directory
root@ubuntu:/home/ubuntu#

Help me please.........

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Looks like either your modem is not setup properly or its not supported at all. Which modem do you haf? Is is a WinModem?? (like SmartLink, AC Link etc. or AMr modem?)

praka123

left this forum longback
wth?u want root prompt na? try "sudo su" no prompts direct root terminal :D yeah in livecd only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom