What will happen if i switch off the CPU FAN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on your desktop. if the cabinet is airy and open, no effect. Otherwise, you will be able to be able to make rotis on the comp.

PS: Mods, I think this is an example of posting without any particular reason to increase posts.

PS: Arsenal_Gunners, mark this guy down;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
nvidia8800 said:
Your processor will burn... Just try it out ;)

Not exactly !!! all processors from P-III are fail safe type onmes :lol: so overheating means they will simple power off as soon as they reach certain temps...

usually with a really good heat skink u may turn off the power...

with higher end mobo for example say P5N32 SLi or such, there is an option to completelly turn off the FAN with Intel Speed Step technology

:D

in my case when running idle my ThermalRight ultra eXtreme 120 heat sink alone is powerful enough to control the heat :p so I can simply turn off the processor FAN when at Idle !!!

:lol:

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
MetalheadGautham said:
depends on your desktop. if the cabinet is airy and open, no effect. Otherwise, you will be able to be able to make rotis on the comp.

PS: Mods, I think this is an example of posting without any particular reason to increase posts.

PS: Arsenal_Gunners, mark this guy down;)

I dont have useless time to make senseless posts
you be careful and learn something good from Guys Like Choto_Cheeta & Nvidia8800

Choto Cheeta said:
Not exactly !!! all processors from P-III are fail safe type onmes :lol: so overheating means they will simple power off as soon as they reach certain temps...

with higher end mobo for example say P5N32 SLi or such, there is an option to completelly turn off the FAN with Intel Speed Step technology

in my case when running idle my ThermalRight ultra eXtreme 120 heat sink alone is powerful enough to control the heat :p so I can simply turn off the processor FAN when at Idle !!!

Thanks Brother
actually my friends PC (Intel 915board with 2.8proc ) :D
his fan is not working so he was asking me can running processor without fan will harm his PC

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
his fan is not working so he was asking me can running processor without fan will harm his PC

System will halt very often !!! as with Older P4, they run really hot even when the intel stock fan is running at full speed :p

so without fan I doubt :p may be 10 or 15mins and also may be the mobo 915 wont allow you to start unless you turn of the FAN detection option in the mobo :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Choto Cheeta said:

yeah the most apprope answer :)

well, learn not to make your topic sarcastic with :rolleyes: then and be more specific in the first post.

Yes, you can run a processor without fans, but there WILL be heating, and as cheeta said, Intel ones won't even bother to work.

My own PC shows 343 K even when procy fan is working. I have 915G+GMA900+2.66P4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom