Hi guys. I'll be getting 6 and a half hours for the next 5 days idle in college. I'll be downloading all this time on a friend's laptop. Other than usual updates and few softwares and videos, I don't have much to download. BUt I do not want this to go in vain. So please suggest some things to download :D

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Hi guys. I'll be getting 6 and a half hours for the next 5 days idle in college. I'll be downloading all this time on a friend's laptop. Other than usual updates and few softwares and videos, I don't have much to download. BUt I do not want this to go in vain. So please suggest some things to download :D

What kind of "things" :grin: :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

you can get the new Wolverine Film from a legit source like Neflix,Hulu or Amazon
I am totally NOT hinting at you getting it from yify

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
pick one of many yale or mit lectures
heres a one that is pretty entertaining, it's a course on philosophies surrounding death> Open Yale Courses | Death

ashs1

Padawan
blu ray extended edition lord of the rings ??

There's a show shown in natgeo - supercars. thats pretty cool !

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm. documentaries eh? ok bbc HD series
human planet, planet earth, and the living planet are some with great visuals.

ashs1

Padawan
there was also one extremely good documentary about flight IC814 on nat geo..check it out if you're interested in it ( plane hijacking)!!

Offtopic : can someone suggest some good documentaries about 9/11 & 26/11 events ? :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'd suggest you to download One Piece, Code Geass, Attack On Titan, Death Note, Gintama, Beelzebub, Highschool DxD, Highschool Of The Dead, Kyle XY, The Big Bang Theory, The Gods Must Be Crazy series.

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
there was also one extremely good documentary about flight IC814 on nat geo..check it out if you're interested in it ( plane hijacking)!!

Offtopic : can someone suggest some good documentaries about 9/11 & 26/11 events ? :)

united 93,
its a film based on 9/11 event

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Seinfeld. One of the best n well known classic comedy. U won't regret it. Also Shield. (Not the new MARVELS one). The Wire. Lie to me.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Okay, so here is what I downloaded today:

Windows updates
Software updates
OpenCV
QT SDK
105 QT tutorials (complete series)
Mclaren P1 videos

@gearbox; speed is limited on WIFI with average speed of 250 kBps and max speed of 300~350 kBps. It got limited in recent times. Previously I used to get 2 MBps (yes you read it write, 2 mega BYTES) in morning and 500-800 kBps average.

@prehistoricgamer; I'll download Seinfeld tomorrow.

Any small Steam multiplayer games that I can play on 2G network with 20 kBps speed?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Okay, so here is what I downloaded today:

Windows updates
Software updates
OpenCV
QT SDK
105 QT tutorials (complete series)
Mclaren P1 videos

@gearbox; speed is limited on WIFI with average speed of 250 kBps and max speed of 300~350 kBps. It got limited in recent times. Previously I used to get 2 MBps (yes you read it write, 2 mega BYTES) in morning and 500-800 kBps average.

@prehistoricgamer; I'll download Seinfeld tomorrow.

Any small Steam multiplayer games that I can play on 2G network with 20 kBps speed?

it is 12MBps in our simulation lab. :p but the only problem is with idm. it takes seconds to download but takes hours to rebuild the downloaded parts:-(

you can download all sherlock holms movies. they are very good.
if you want a time pass game, you can install bluestacks and play candy crush saga or any android games you like.

flyingcow

Shibe
download more ram...
and download steam f2p like blacklight retribution or TF2 and store them for future needs
breaking bad, shawshank redemption
and emulator roms

Knight2A4

In the zone
I will get my 25 gb of high speed internet from today. I will be spending it to download reference tracks to listen. what people use to test their audio gear. I also watch movies n l download games only when this high speed 25 gb limit is crossed ... :) that way i download oly most wanted things

Top Bottom