What song are you addicted to at the moment?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Comfort Me, I've Lost My Heart - up-c down-c left-c right-c abc + start

Another post rock comparable to explosions in the sky :D

Piyush

Lanaya
when did the new album of LP came out??
and i guess its all chester bennington in most songs and no mike shinoda

D

Deleted member 26636

Comfort Me, I've Lost My Heart - up-c down-c left-c right-c abc + start

Another post rock comparable to explosions in the sky :D

sorry for not knowing but is post rock mostly instrumental?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
sorry for not knowing but is post rock mostly instrumental?

Here are the generalizations (but don't hold true for every post rock band):
1. Songs are very long and you will be totally drawn in (though for starters I would recommend EITS first to get the taste)
2. Mostly instrumentals (by that use of many instruments gradually and possibly eargasmic crescendos).
3. Multiple eargasms due to varied set of emotions expressed in the song.
4. If there are vocals then they will flow with the music. Hear to Untitled 5 by Sigur Ros.
5. Best way to think about anything while listening the post rock.
6. A complete album is like a journey and songs are seamlessly related in sequence or atleast appear to. You start imagining your own wordings and story to the music and that makes it a personalized experience.

Start with Explosions In the Sky's album named The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place. If you like then i'll pour some more.

PS: Today is my lucky day. More on it late in a thread :D

D

Deleted member 26636

Here are the generalizations (but don't hold true for every post rock band):
1. Songs are very long and you will be totally drawn in (though for starters I would recommend EITS first to get the taste)
2. Mostly instrumentals (by that use of many instruments gradually and possibly eargasmic crescendos).
3. Multiple eargasms due to varied set of emotions expressed in the song.
4. If there are vocals then they will flow with the music. Hear to Untitled 5 by Sigur Ros.
5. Best way to think about anything while listening the post rock.
6. A complete album is like a journey and songs are seamlessly related in sequence or atleast appear to. You start imagining your own wordings and story to the music and that makes it a personalized experience.

Start with Explosions In the Sky's album named The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place. If you like then i'll pour some more.

PS: Today is my lucky day. More on it late in a thread :D

thanks..i've heard GOD IS AN ASTRONAUT- AGE OF THE FIFTH SUN...i loved it..it was you who recommended " PARALLEL HIGHWAY"...though i think the whole album is just awesome...

BTW, do tell us why its your lucky day?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I'll sometime write a post about post-rock bands. Its just that post-rock is my life now. And its wise to have something for life which will outlast your life. But one thing is sure that a good set of earphone is required to appreciate the rich and varied sound of post- rock. Evrytime I hear to some of the post rock, it gives a complete new experience ad ecstacy defined by ur mood and the layer you cling to in the interwoven instruments sounds.

Listening to A Song For Starlit Beaches by Yndi Halda. Its a sad song but I am in happy mood and experecing a very different feel from the last time. Guess my ears picking up the happy chords this time.

Neuron

Electronic.
Suffer Well - Depeche Mode
Precious - Depeche Mode
Blasphemous Rumors - Depeche Mode
World in my eyes - Depeche Mode

Almost became a fan of this band..

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
muse - neutron star collision
All Yours - Metric
Eminem - Love The Way You Lie ft Rihanna
B.o.B Ft Bruno Mars-Nothin On You
Paramore - Decode
Miley Cyrus - Party In The U.S.A.

all are awesome songs to hear

Neuron

Electronic.
Waiting For The End - LP
Robot Boy - LP
When They Come For Me - LP
Burning In The Skies - LP

Last edited:

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
Inception soundtrack
when listening to end of 528491 on headphones,feels like something has entered in my brain...an idea maybe?

Top Bottom