What Should i Download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Currently downloading PCOSLINUX. will end in a few hwrs.. wat els sud i download?
any osx look alike distro
? not FoXLinux./drream linux
i want a download wish list...

Which linux distro has got the most eye candy?

eddie

El mooooo
I have heard SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop won some award for its looks and usability. You can try that but it is just available for evaluation. After that you'll have to buy it.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
eddie said:
I have heard SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop won some award for its looks and usability. You can try that but it is just available for evaluation. After that you'll have to buy it.

Is this true?:confused: Nvr knew this ..and how abt the thing frm this month's chip mag ..It has given suse 10.1 and is it also for evaluation:confused:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No OpenSuse has been given by magazine, it's free. And you need not pay for SLED after a month. I have been using it. It's just that you don't get updates for SLED after a month. But, you can obtain updates of OpenSUSE 10.1 which is almost the same.
Only difference in SLED, is availablilty of couple of more softwares and update notification.
What's so great about Suse is that it's XGL ready so it look really good. Specially the GNOME menu. If you are gonna use XGL then give Suse a try.

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
naah.. nuthin dat cool abt suse..
BTW yesterday i dwnloaded PCLinuxOS...
man!.. its awsome!...
the Vista Aero Glass Like theme is simplu superb.. moreover it actually worksss!!!
Is there any distro which is a vista lookalike?

Moreover.. it did the aero glass in Virtual Pc.. can u b'live it?

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Have a look at Ubuntu using Vista Theme!!

*img148.imageshack.us/img148/8691/ubuntulinuxvistaprofessionaldn9.th.jpg

Ubuntu & Suse are the top distros, PCLinuxOS doesn't even come closer!!!

Last edited:
OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
@Jguru.. man thatz awsome.. pls give us a complete info on how and from where can we get it???
it seems ur havin more than 1 glass theme.. please tell me from whr did u get them.. and it seem u r a native linux user,, can u tell me how to install baghira without net conn. or may be u can help me with installing net conn. on my suse setup.
Wat abt the icons? wer they wid the theme? andy wayz.. simply a beautifu desktop.

Btw. can translucencey be achived wid the theme<s>???

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@akuCRACKER, Ubuntu 6.06 is the Linux distro. The Theme being used is called GNOME Vista.
Download the Theme from here
There's only one Glass theme, the rest (translucency) is achieved by XGL.
Forget Baghira, there are better Themes!!!
When you extract the file gnomevista.tar.bz2. A directory would be created
by name Gnome-Vista, under that directory there is a file called HowToInstall.
That explains how to install this GNOME Vista Theme.
You need a good Graphics card to run XGL. To install & configure XGL Click here
Goodluck

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yes, it is available in AIGLX @Mehul. My point was installing the GNOME Vista theme
without XGL/AIGLX!!! Ofcourse, without XGL/AIGLX you won't get the transparency
effect & other 3D effects.

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
is pclinuxos also havin xgl??? cause it clearly showed translucency!

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Goto By demand Section of Digit Forum and dld everything that they dont give on DVDs! And give that all to me :D!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
looks like mediator didnt read the first topic or even bother to see what section this thread's under :p

XGL is partly integrated with any OS having Gnome's new 16 version.

mediator

Technomancer
:confused: ???? I read it bhai! By demand has Open source too! It has Linux distros as well as other open source softwares in demand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom