What kinda person U are?

What kinda people U R?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

svenkat83

Journeyman
Basically I classify computer users into three categories.
1.A person who just uses computers to browse the internet, do some work and then for entertainment.Most of our parents,sister might be these people.
2.A person more advanced.Tries different softwares and hardware tweaks but never risks their stability of the computer like Testing some risky shell replacements,Overclocking CPU,GPU etc.I have many computer literates as my friend who fear even tweaking the registries.They don't even use registry editor.
3.This is a person who would experiment with his computer a lot resulting in Hardware failures, or reformatting the drive problems leading to re installing the OS just few to name.

So what kinda person U R?
Though I know many of them belong to third category there might be other
category people too.
Feel free to share......

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
category 3

in the last 4 months i have reinstalled xp 3 times as i was experimenting and system crached never to wake up again until reinstalled.

M

Mask

there is an easier way to revert back to Win XP...

Hey, here's what you could try if you dont want to re-install Windows Xp..

How to Recover from a currupted Registry that prevents Windows XP from starting.[/b]

M

Mask

i definitely fall into the 3rd Category!

But since i installed XP i know for sure that my system is lot more stable than with Win98. with Win98 if i went one MHz too many on CPU OC, the system wud come crashing down on, me erasing all the registry entries and leaving me with an almost dead system. that sucked. not anymore though.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
but no prob now
after my system crashed the day-before yesterday
i installed Roxio Goback from the Norton system works 2003 cd and also created a system restore point in XPso if it crashes
i can get back to the best known config. even without xp booting to show the message
this time my whole harddisk crashed and didnt find a boot device except a sloppy disk

G

Third category!!!

I hve tried most of the winows os'es except 2000.But still i have th opinion that win 98se is the best (for me)!I accept that win xp is th most stable but on my system it has crashed 4 times & i have taken all the pain in formatting my hd & installing the os.I believe that win ME was a total joke which Microsoft has done!

Sorry for telling all this ,but frankly I fall in the third category!!!

OP
S

svenkat83

Journeyman
While reading about your experiences with your PCs I think I should have added another category before category 3(maybe category 2.5)so that I can put myself there.Frankly I haven't installed my OS more than 6-7 times.I would have formatted my hard disk 10-12 times.
I didn't install XP just because some one told me that I have to re-install the whole OS after every significant upgrade.
Darshan I agree with your point on Win98SEI sticked on to Win98SE which I feel is very reliable and somewhat more stable than Win9X series of OSes.
By the by Gunshotsilence if U like programming I think U should start with C.I love it eventhough I can't master it.Then move on to C++.

guri35

Broken In
Well I also fall in category three.In the past three years I have Reinstalled xp 20-25 times and farmatted numerous times.Trying different softwares and exploring anything that a pc can do are my other hobbies.And with such hobbies the problems have to happen surely.But now I have learnt a lot of tricks to make all the process a lot simpler and now I dont have to go through the painfull process of restoring pc to the working condition in which it was before. I will soon post all the tricks.

Regarding the stability,I think nothing beats Win xp but you have to give it the necessary resources.You cannot expect stability from a pc with 128 mb .256 mb for day to day use and even playing games but if u are into using professional softawares like video editing and 3d animation etc. then more than 256 mb.
------------------------------------------------------------
I DONT BELIEVE IN GOD 'CAUSE MY RELIGION IS REALITY.

ashfame

Padawan
i fall into the 3 category except i don't apply hardware tweaks.
i don't know about them much & doesn't felt the need either.
And one thing i wanna ask is that below the name Mask it is showing 0 posts, then how he has posted the message.

kris147

Right off the assembly line
because it takes time to update.

i fall under cat 2. :) 2 scared to risk the stability of my baby :p

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@ashfame - No post count in In General, Gamerz, Latest News and Reviews too I guess...

Currently in 3rd Category - Reformatted 4 times in 6 days :|

ashfame

Padawan
QwertyManiac said:
@ashfame - No post count in In General, Gamerz, Latest News and Reviews too I guess...

U mean our post doesn't count In General, Gamerz, Latest News and Reviews.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Reaching category 3
Mess around a lot with softwares. Starting to do with hardware but will wait till I get my next computer to overclock the current one.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
ashfame said:
QwertyManiac said:

U mean our post doesn't count In General, Gamerz, Latest News and Reviews.
Looks like you havent read the rules of this forum.... Exactly...

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
heheheh....I wud choose category 4 (if interference wid computer is directly proportional to numbers in an AP by d=1)

I chose so coz i not only xperiment wid tricks and defined programs, but i try to create my own programs(using my limited programming knowledge) and test them for their working. Though far from gettin' a useful program..i m still trying..and thats what puts me in cat. 4 (BTW, 4=A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom