What is booting in Yahoo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Few days ago I was chatting a fellow. I was joking with him and he got angry. He said that he will boot me, "okay boot" me I said.

Suddenly I was logged off Yahoo. I logged on again and start chatting with him, again I was logged off. Tried several times but problem was the same.

No matter with other frnds, I am able chat with them without any problem but not with above said frnd. Whenever he is online, I tick him, try to chat, I again get logged off.

What is "Boot" in yahoo? & How can I do this??

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
If I am not wrong, he knows your password. In Yahoo! you cannot sign in from two places with the same id. So if he is signing in with your id and password, you get logged off automatically.

prem4u

Old is Gold
same problem with me...but for me i get logout when i send msg to anyone..or get msg from anyone...
if i login and dont do anything it ll not logout...
i hv changed pwd aslo ...even i tried Pidgin also..same problem...

y2j826

Journeyman
There are some illegal softwares which boot peoples from yahoo,

the reality behind that is it works like a multi message sender and due to overload on yahoo messenger it signs out . . .

its not so easy to boot some multi messengers like "pidgin or trillian"

prem4u

Old is Gold
Few days ago I was chatting a fellow. I was joking with him and he got angry. He said that he will boot me, "okay boot" me I said.

Suddenly I was logged off Yahoo. I logged on again and start chatting with him, again I was logged off. Tried several times but problem was the same.

No matter with other frnds, I am able chat with them without any problem but not with above said frnd. Whenever he is online, I tick him, try to chat, I again get logged off.

What is "Boot" in yahoo? & How can I do this??

he said he having no problem with other frds...he is able to chat with others...
only for specific person he having problem...

anand1

In the zone
Actually Booting from Yahoo client is a means to trouble some people whicle chatting. these may be any software or tricks which some good programmers or hackers use to logoff your YM client or you computer by using such Booting softwares. These are only means to trouble people in YM while chatting. These YM clients are most used and so most vulnerable to these hacking tools like the one mentioned above.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
@ Anand1
+1
You must right at all.

Most of the guys were saying that I would never get log off when I change my password. But guys I use a specific password for one month only. So, there is no such thing that he would now my password. It must be hacking trick. I found some of the forums that says booting in YM is hacking and secret tricks had been deleted due to complaint of Yahoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom