What is better ? PS2/PS3/X360 or high-end PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Hi friends,
I wanted to know what is better in terms of gameplay,graphics :
A PS2/PS3/XBOX 360 OR a high end PC
And are console games bigger in terms of story line than PC ??
please tell as I have never played a console game be4.I only play PC games

adithya_s

Journeyman
Harry Potter said:
Hi friends,
I wanted to know what is better in terms of gameplay,graphics :
A PS2/PS3/XBOX 360 OR a high end PC
And are console games bigger in terms of story line than PC ??
please tell as I have never played a console game be4.I only play PC games

+1 for pc games (graphics)...
advantage- super graphics provided u have very high end system.. ya very high..
disadvantage-
if u buy a very high end pc now it'll be out dated in 18 months ( or 2 years)
i mean u wont be able to play the games releasing in 2010(smoothly)..

+1 for xbox360(affordability and life span)
advantage- cheap compared to high end pc..
graphics good..
u can play all the games till 2013(hopefully.. coz thats what happened in case of ps2.. its 7years old and can play doom3)

since u are ready for a high end pc.. which would cost u some 60-70k

i suggest u to buy xbox 360 now and ps3 after 8 months( ya .. since both comes under 60k and xbox 360 rocks for now and ps3 has a very good future..and u can get a psp along with these)

forget ps2..

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I suggest you get an Xbox 360 + HDTV(if you want) this will last you atleast 5 years although the next xbox will come much later .

Also in consoles , just put in the disc n start playin , no installation hassles . that's way easier than in PC's .

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
if u're intending to "buy" games and play , i wud recommend xbox360 as it will last longer .. if u want to "get" games from the internet , a high end pc will be better.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Harry Potter said:
What I want to know, is that apart from Graphics is gameplay much longer in console versions ???
now almost every new PC game is available on console.the only difference btween them is platform.game length is the same.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Harry Potter said:
What I want to know, is that apart from Graphics is gameplay much longer in console versions ???
Depends on the game you are looking out for.Most of the games which are on console & PC have pretty much the similar gameplay length.With the exception of PC version of Gears Of War which allows you to play an additional Chapter with Brumak as an added Nemesis which was not available for Xbox 360.;)

Indyan

Here Since 2003
PC is the best for playing action games due to the presence of mouse.
But the advantages of console is that it doesnt get outdated as quickly as pc.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
No doubt mouse is good for FPS . but with Auto Aim feature in Consoles analog sticks are good too .

Also , for games like resident evil n most other games Analog Sticks are the best . Not to mention racing games , which are much better of when played using a controller .

Also , the presence of Multiple buttons in easy reach and the ability to press them all simultaneously has a bit of an advantage over Keyboard .

For example in the game "The Godfather" :

Taking Cover Behind Wall + Strafing + Aiming + Running(in strafeing mode) + Shooting can all be done very easily as your fingers are on the buttons.

On the Keyboard , pressing so many buttons simultaneously is quite uneasy , specially while taking cover and running

Note: This is my personal preference .

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have observed that adventure games like Prince of Persia series & Tomb Raider series are virtually impossible to play without a controller.If you have installed the PC version of POP:WW then you must have got a pop up saying 'this game is best played with a controller' & yes that is what it should be played with as I have tried my hand on it with mouse+keyboard & trust me it's a nightmare & by the end of the session your mouse would be begging for mercy.But then again you can stick a dual shock controller in which has gone dirt cheap now-a-days & you can enjoy those games with the controller on your PC.:)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
allwyndlima said:
I have observed that adventure games like Prince of Persia series & Tomb Raider series are virtually impossible to play without a controller.If you have installed the PC version of POP:WW then you must have got a pop up saying 'this game is best played with a controller' & yes that is what it should be played with as I have tried my hand on it with mouse+keyboard & trust me it's a nightmare & by the end of the session your mouse would be begging for mercy.But then again you can stick a dual shock controller in which has gone dirt cheap now-a-days & you can enjoy those games with the controller on your PC.:)
I never had problem with POP series on PC, conrols were quite comfortable.

DMC, Biohazzard and Silent Hill 4(earlier version had a choice of 2d and 3d controls) were difficult to play on PC.

FPS are meant for PCs, u cant play CS and Quake on console (auto aiming is not much appreciated by elite players).

I guess there are some specific keyboard meant for gaming purpose only, forgot the name but it was circular in shape (i never cared for game only keyboard).

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I have played POP:WW with mouse and keyboard. Wasnt a nightmare but yeah the wierd camera angles did piss me off sometime.

True .. some games (mainly 3rd person shooters) work better with a controller. But then with pc you have the option of buying that xtra controller .. if u are an gaming addict.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Yeah , n best part is that the Xbox 360 controllers work on PC too . i just stuff in my frnd's wired controller(both my controllers r wireless :( ) into the USB port whenever i wanna play some game on PC .

upendra_gp

In the zone
well if u don't play much games and don't want to spend money soon or in next 4-5 years get PS3! It is provided with Blu Ray drive and is more future proof I think and also there are great games like GOD OF WAR 3,Devil May Cry 4 and Burnout Paradise!

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
n the Xbox 360 has even more including Devil May Cry 4 , Burnout Paradise and even Resident Evil 5(which was a Playstation exclusive last gen)

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
ACtually I would say that the PS3 is going to be the better console in the future. But right now the X360 pwns all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom