What is better, LCD or CRT TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
No, Nowadays, even the 40" Plasma costs less than the 42" LCD FULL HD's, leave alone the high ends like SOny X-series(cut through our pockets u noe), and the standby power usage of PLASMA is 0.1Watts AFAIK.

And the quality of a 40" plasma @ 60k(an example) surpasses the Best FULL HD LCD @ 1lakh + 42" so u see y i'm saying Plasma, Ppl still rn't aware of it's power tht's y

But quality wise LCD > Plasma

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
comp@addict said:
No, Nowadays, even the 40" Plasma costs less than the 42" LCD FULL HD's, leave alone the high ends like SOny X-series(cut through our pockets u noe), and the standby power usage of PLASMA is 0.1Watts AFAIK.

And the quality of a 40" plasma @ 60k(an example) surpasses the Best FULL HD LCD @ 1lakh + 42" so u see y i'm saying Plasma, Ppl still rn't aware of it's power tht's y
What kinda quality are you talking about? Yes, contrast and colour reproduction of good quality(stress on GOOD) is better than a good quality LCD. Thats because it uses the same phosphors that are used in conventional CRTs.

Whats the maximum resolution the plasma you are saying can display? Not close to the LCD of similar size I believe.

The power usage while viewing a movie at a resolution is Plasma is much more than viewing the same movie in LCD at the same resolution, isnt it? (I know about the standby power of plasma being less).

What I said holds true. For comparitively low budget(20K as of the OP), there are virtually no options for Plasma. Hence I wonder why you gave Plasma as an option in the first place itself. :neutral:

Also GOOD Plasmas have lower average life than an Average LCD. THough both have enough lifespans for a casual user.

comp@ddict said:
Good PLASMA QUALITY > Good LCD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Modified it a bit. :)

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Rajeev Masand- Movie Reviewer from CNN IBN
Rajeev Makhni- Host of gadget guru and the next big thing on NDTV
Get your facts straight :rolleyes:
@thread starter
LCD TVs all the way :)

ohh, yaa sorry messed up abit in the surname dept.. :D thanx for the confirmation,

btw, i meant tat Rajeev (of the tech channel) only.. :D

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
What kinda quality are you talking about? Yes, contrast and colour reproduction of good quality(stress on GOOD) is better than a good quality LCD. Thats because it uses the same phosphors that are used in conventional CRTs.

Whats the maximum resolution the plasma you are saying can display? Not close to the LCD of similar size I believe.

The power usage while viewing a movie at a resolution is Plasma is much more than viewing the same movie in LCD at the same resolution, isnt it? (I know about the standby power of plasma being less).

What I said holds true. For comparitively low budget(20K as of the OP), there are virtually no options for Plasma. Hence I wonder why you gave Plasma as an option in the first place itself. :neutral:

Also GOOD Plasmas have lower average life than an Average LCD. THough both have enough lifespans for a casual user.

Modified it a bit. :)

Well the quality of a low budget LCD sucks to the core, better in not getting it.

And the resolution, well the AD said FULL HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom