What is better: IPHONE 5 OR GALAXY SIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarath

iDota
I think this debate will go on with no logical end.

Of course the end result will trickle down to personal preference. Someone who fancies the iOS system will believe the iP5 is the best on offer till Sept '13. Anyone who loves everything that is Android will support the SGS3 till a better successor shows up.

As for screen sizes, commenting on which screen size is apt is redundant. It is a highly personal choice. I do not see any merit in forcing ones own comfort zone into others unease. For me, for example, my 4.2incher is perfect although I would like it to be around 4". My brother enjoys his 3.5" iP. Some of my friends even make do with the mighty Note, which for me is just wrong and sinful to your finger comfort but he is happy, it is his phone and there ends the story.

I tried introducing my brother to Androids. I told him how powerful it is. Despite that he went for the iOS ecosystem stating just one statement, Apple is just too smooth and has better apps. By better apps he didn't mean he has more, it is simply the same apps which were much better on the iphone. I lost the argument instantly. A lot of my friends have taken to Apple for the same reason. For everything that Android has to offer, if the end user experience is laggy and slow, it loses merit that instant.

Unless google comes with a phone that stays true to Android like its Nexus series, hopefully coming from Motorola, we will not see a worthy contender to compete with the Apple.

Android has to quell fragmentation of its OS to stand any chance of defeating Apple.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ You are spot on with all your points. Even i pointed fragmentation of android in my previous post and that is the main culprit.
But anything can hardly be done due to android being open-source. Google releases the entire kernel so that manufactures a,b ,c and others can customize and build different versions of it as they see fit and not everybody are capable of doing this optimally.

Thus we see lags due to unoptimized code which apple and maybe windows will prevent as they are closed. Talk about apps, they kind of come from all sorts
of sources as there's no restriction. Anybody can build anything and thus quality of apps degrades and only few vendors make good and useful apps whereas apps from apple and windows comes from within the house thus maintaining a quality level.

Nexus has vanilla android and thus is faster and smooth. This should be replicated everywhere but isn't possible as its open-source.
Quelling fragmentation is nearly impossible because of android's nature.

Lets see how windows 8 handles ios 6. But jelly-bean seems to be a good competitor with ios6 and not ics.

Last edited:

Sarath

iDota
^^ Why did you delete your post? (I read it)

A very relevant picture

Courtesy: 9gag

*d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5395237_460s.jpg

Attachments

• 5395237_460s.jpg
    5395237_460s.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 82

doomgiver

Warframe
^^ more like courtesy someone else.
9gag is the worst hive of scumbags and villainy on teh intarwebz.

stealing content from elsewhere, and branding it as their own.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Get SGS 3,have very powerful hardware people are saying iphone 5 is simply 4S with new package.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
My choice the SIII. Apple's moves are making me hate them more.(P.S i only hate iphones, not ipods & ipad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom