What is ALIENWARE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz... please tell me what is ALIENWARE all about .. I have heard that name a couple of times but dont know a thing bout the company ... someone plz enlighten me on Alienware and its products etc.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
alienware is a computer company...they make custom-built gaming systems...laptops and PCs...most of their stuff is really expensive...but then it's built 4 gaming.....their products r not available in India though...go here:

www.alienware.com

all u had 2 do was 2 search 4 alienware on any search engine...u did not have 2 start a new thread 4 it....

Deep

Version 2.0
in short alienware machines are sexy looking overclocked machine which costs as much as a maruti zen..

and in the end you find that...this HOT baby cries alot... (gives problem in later stage....)

Deep

theraven

Technomancer
? i dun think they are necessarily overclocked are they ?

and what problems ? hmm i dun think ive heard anyone complain abt an alienware
but then again i dunno anyone who has an alienware either :D hehehe

o but yeah .. they most def are very good lookin !

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
? i dun think they are necessarily overclocked are they ?

Oh yes, they're DEFINITELY overclocked. They push the stock P4s to 4GHz and the memory/core clocks to insane levels. :D

swatkat

Technomancer
look at this, this is the baap of all Desktops....
:)

*www.go-l.com/desktops/machl_4500plus_a64/features/

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I have no personal experience with Alienware, but I used to hear a lot of complaints against them about unreliable hardware and poor after-sales service. Maybe it's no wonder that they had to close down.

They might have started out with their sights set high, intending to produce the Ferraris of gaming computers, and ended up making Matiz'es.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

do u even know what u r talkin abt pimpom???? nobody said alienware closed down...and alienware gives ya gr personalized servive...they're not closing down...hardcore gamers buy alienware...it also gives ya bragging rights...enoonmai was talkin abt the link swatkat gave....that was the company that closed down...

LOL!!!!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
LOL, no, Alienware hasn't closed down and they probably never will. Its Liebermann Inc., the makers of the MachL that had to close down. But they're slowly trying to make a comeback. The last time I checked they were begging for sponsors literally, and they got one in RedRuth Ventures. Hope they make it at least this time around. But you can never say Alienware systems are unstable, they're pretty much the best around, and they were the ones that actually pushed Nvidia and ATi to SLI and AMR in the first place. They still make the best gaming systems in the world, and they're also the most stable systems, with everything being a custom-job, from the cooling kit to the performance tweaks.

hack expert

In the zone
alien ware is really cool well there are many more companies which build
custom made computer the deadliest gaming machines
man i really want one

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Oops ! Ok, OK, I didn't check whether Alienware had actually closed down :oops: . But if you spend some time in newsgroups, you will hear plenty of people ranting and raving against Alienware. People who say that buying an Alienware product was the biggest mistake of their life. People who say that their AW computer died in a few months and they could not get proper service after trying a dozen times. AW techs could not solve their problem. They sent the wrong hardware. And so on and on.

These are not just a few exceptions - every manufacturer has some dissatisfied customers. But there are too many to ignore.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Alienware is a killer PC company which sells high perfomance machines especially for gaming purposes.They uses liquid or wapour cooling techniques for cooling.They have multiCPU models of PC with dual Intel Xeon CPU nd 2 6800 Ultra GPU SLI for mindblowing perfomance. BUt there products are beyond our budgets ie starts somewhere b/w 200000 nd 1000000 RS/ (actually in $)

indro

In the zone
Hey if i were in the US , i would get all the good stuff that alienware makes individually , would have build one myself , in fact you get good clones of alienwares in the market .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom