What happened to Turmeric patent?

vaithy

In the zone
the Bio piracy policies of USPTO firmly claimed all of the india's Bio assets which run in to millions of Bio products and indian medicines which were used from the time of Dhanvantri//
Just the news are streaking, Apple just own a German court ruling, resulting thousands of Samsung Galaxy tablets sized across the EU because of violations of USPTO patents that Apple held for its design...than my minds goback to 1995 when the first bolt come from the USPTO that its give patent for 'turmeric healing power' Even at that time there were high out cry in India forced the GOVT to make some statement that the India will took the matter with the US counterparts.. than what happened afterwards ? Indian GOVT know that the Indian Public memory is very short.. so every thing forgeten,,,

So by curious I search USPTO patents database, and by jove! not only one patent, after the Indian Govt protest there are 41 patents granted for the same purpose of healing power of Turmeric.. One invention patented describe how turmeric paste applying external wounds healed,,even before it, 5000 BC the land of ancient Dharma has applied the same principle with scientific research and methodology..Ancient India saw great advancements in medical science. Some of these fields were dental surgery, cataract extraction and plastic surgery. It is amazing that even in the absence of anesthesia some of the complex operations are performed. Around 800 B.C the first instances of surgery were recorded. It was considered as one of the eight branches of Ayurveda.Shushruta- Samhita is the oldest treatise dealing with surgery. The main medical practitioners were Atraya, Charaka and Shusruta.Shushruta studied human anatomy with an aid of a dead body. He had described in great detail surgery in eight parts which included chedya,lekhya,vedhya,esya,ahrya,vsraya and sivya.

India , the land of GOD is always willing to share the knowledge.. See what made western culture lead by USPTO Nazis.. they steal millions of other ideas belong to various culture in the developing nations, India, Arabia, and chinese!!!..

Let apple and M$ come with their so called patent trolls in India, India and its public are ready to teach the USPTO and its ' coolies' fiting lesson.. want to see what are they patented>
PAT. NO. Title
1 7,931,922 Full-Text Methods for treating glioblastoma with herbal compositions
2 7,923,045 Full-Text Compositions for alleviating inflammation and oxidative stress in a mammal
3 7,883,728 Full-Text Composition to enhance the bioavailability of curcumin
4 7,879,373 Full-Text Composition to enhance the bioavailability of curcumin
5 7,749,525 Full-Text Pest-impervious packaging material and pest-control composition
6 7,736,679 Full-Text Composition to enhance the bioavailability of curcumin
7 7,622,142 Full-Text Methods for treating glioblastoma with herbal compositions
8 7,618,665 Full-Text Process for preparing Ukon for food
9 7,579,026 Full-Text Methods for enhancing antioxidant enzyme activity and reducing c-reactive protein levels
10 7,572,829 Full-Text Pharmaceutical compositions useful in prevention and treatment of Beta-amyloid protein-induced disease
11 7,572,469 Full-Text Therapeutic lotion for dermatitis
12 7,507,425 Full-Text Method for the treatment of cachexia
13 7,405,046 Full-Text Compositions and methods for treatment of rhinovirus
14 7,396,546 Full-Text Anti-microbial compositions and methods of using same
15 7,384,655 Full-Text Preparation of compositions to alleviate inflammation and oxidative stress in a mammal
16 7,282,523 Full-Text Pharmaceutical compositions useful in prevention and treatment of beta-amyloid protein-induced disease
17 7,279,501 Full-Text Pharmaceutical composition useful in prevention and treatment of beta-amyloid protein-induced disease
18 7,241,461 Full-Text Compositions for alleviating inflammation and oxidative stress in a mammal
19 7,205,011 Full-Text Anti-inflammatory activity of a specific turmeric extract
20 7,175,987 Full-Text Compositions and methods for treatment of herpes
21 7,166,435 Full-Text Compositions and methods for reducing the transmissivity of illnesses
22 7,135,164 Full-Text Andrographis paniculata gel as an adjunct in the treatment of periodontitis
23 6,887,898 Full-Text Pharmaceutical compositions useful in prevention and treatment of beta-Amyloid protein-induced disease
24 6,827,945 Full-Text Nutritional supplements and methods of using same
25 6,696,094 Full-Text Herbal pharmaceutical composition for treatment of HIV/AIDS patients
26 6,645,533 Full-Text ATP synthesis activator containing a mixture of herbs
27 6,596,313 Full-Text Nutritional supplement and methods of using it
28 6,592,896 Full-Text Medicinal composition and method of using it
29 6,541,046 Full-Text Herbal composition and method for controlling body weight and composition
30 6,521,271 Full-Text Compositions and methods of treatment for skin conditions using extracts of turmeric
31 6,497,908 Full-Text Turmeric-containing cooking oils and fats
32 6,455,078 Full-Text Medicinal herbal composition for treating liver diseases and HIV
33 6,416,807 Full-Text Mixed fine powder for beverage containing young barley leaves, alfalfa and/or kale
34 6,379,673 Full-Text Herbal formulation useful as a therapeutic and cosmetic applications for the treatment of general skin disorders
35 6,333,304 Full-Text Therapeutic compositions containing glucosamine, collagen and a bioflavanol for repair and maintenance of connective tissue
36 6,264,995 Full-Text Herbal composition for reducing inflammation and methods of using same
37 6,200,570 Full-Text Herbal formulation useful as a therapeutic and cosmetic applications for the treatment of general skin disorders
38 6,048,533 Full-Text Turmeric for treating health ailments
39 5,897,865 Full-Text Turmeric for treating skin disorders
40 5,494,668 Full-Text Method of treating musculoskeletal disease and a novel composition therefor
41 5,401,504 Full-Text Use of turmeric in wound healing

It seem whole of indian natural resources are now the property of USPTO's patentees. the day when GOVT of India officially signed the dotted line of USPTO authority, india may have to surrender its territory as well as sovereignty to big fat USA company such as Apple and M$

Let us'BIG no" to Bio piracy champion and their Mascots who are dangerous to not only to India and the developing countries but whole of human race existence

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
topic well raised ! i think there was also an attempt to patent neem & its plethora of uses, the funny part being that the neem-tree doesnt grow anywhere in the US :crazy:

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
topic well raised ! i think there was also an attempt to patent neem & its plethora if uses, the funny part being that the neem-tree doesnt grow anywhere in the US :crazy:

LOL :)) well said OP, but it seems Indian govt is so lazy to act on these patent issues. :banghead::( I've heard many other problems especially in medical area. I hope someady govt does something about it.:pray:

sukesh1090

Adam young
The govt will never do anything about it.these politians ruined,ruining and will ruin india.people only should do everything.

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
I should have included the NEEM Patent also! When I said millions of BIO products and medicine in India it already included it..
see the pNeem Patents which the GOVT OF INDIA misled the indian public that they have prevented it..
Sl.No PAT. NO. Title
1 7,989,004 Full-Text Antitubercular extracts of Salicornia brachiata
2 7,960,426 Full-Text Substituted arylpyrazoles
3 7,939,091 Full-Text Biorational repellents obtained from terpenoids for use against arthropods
4 7,915,398 Full-Text Maize promoter P67 and methods of use
5 7,902,232 Full-Text Substituted arylpyrazoles
6 7,875,598 Full-Text Compositions useful for the treatment of microbial infections
7 7,872,051 Full-Text Antiviral composition comprising p-menthane-3,8-diol
8 7,846,895 Full-Text Selectively targeted antimicrobial peptides and the use thereof
9 7,838,018 Full-Text Adjuvant combinations for immunization composition and vaccines
10 7,803,832 Full-Text N-(1-arylpyrazol-4L)sulfonamides and their use as parasiticides
11 7,790,951 Full-Text Maize promoter P95 and methods of use
12 7,749,525 Full-Text Pest-impervious packaging material and pest-control composition
13 7,692,065 Full-Text Stress-regulated genes of plants, transgenic plants containing same, and methods of use
14 7,691,418 Full-Text Composition for inhibiting or preventing the formation of a biofilm
15 7,687,533 Full-Text N-(1-arylpyrazol-4l) sulfonamides and their use as parasiticides
16 7,670,612 Full-Text Multi-phase, multi-compartment capsular delivery apparatus and methods for using same
17 7,645,738 Full-Text 18-membered nitrobenzyl- and aminobenzyl-substituted cyclohexadepsipeptides for controlling endoparasites and a process for their preparation
18 7,524,888 Full-Text Biorational repellents obtained from terpenoids for use against arthropods
19 7,514,464 Full-Text Substituted arylpyrazoles
20 7,485,158 Full-Text Method of dyeing the textile article from medicinally rich herbs
21 7,442,393 Full-Text Herbal extracts of Salicornia species, process of preparation thereof, use thereof against tuberculosis
22 7,396,547 Full-Text Antiseptic composition
23 7,361,361 Full-Text Waterless lotion and lotion-treated substrate
24 7,344,739 Full-Text Anti-allergic herbal formulation
25 7,309,816 Full-Text Zinc finger proteins expressed in plant meristem
26 7,297,659 Full-Text Synergistic fermented plant growth promoting, bio-control composition
27 7,273,968 Full-Text Combinations of genes for producing seed plants exhibiting modulated reproductive development
28 7,189,421 Full-Text Antiseptic composition
29 7,179,632 Full-Text Process for the production of allicin
30 7,179,479 Full-Text Mosquito repellent isolated from Foeniculum vulgare fruit
31 7,169,400 Full-Text Waterless lotion and lotion-treated substrate
32 7,109,033 Full-Text Stress-regulated genes of plants, transgenic plants containing same, and methods of use
33 7,101,563 Full-Text Micronized vitamin C formulation
34 7,083,779 Full-Text Nontoxic dental care herbal formulation for preventing dental plaque and gingivitis
35 7,074,439 Full-Text Preparation of essential oil compositions for potable liquid disinfection
36 7,014,872 Full-Text Herbal nutraceutical formulation for diabetics and process for preparing the same
37 6,929,810 Full-Text Preparation of essential oil compositions for portable liquid disinfection
38 6,855,351 Full-Text Pesticide formulation containing azadirachtin (not less than 300 ppm) and salanin in a formulated product with neem oil
39 6,828,478 Full-Text Combinations of genes for producing seed plants exhibiting modulated reproductive development
40 6,827,949 Full-Text Wood preservative
41 6,821,534 Full-Text Method of diagnosing and treatment of a pet with food allergies
42 6,811,790 Full-Text Storage stable pesticide formulations containing azadirachtin
43 6,783,792 Full-Text Method of making hypoallergenic pet food
44 6,780,440 Full-Text Herbal compositions and methods for diabetes and weight loss management
45 6,746,694 Full-Text Herbal composition for treating asthma
46 6,703,034 Full-Text Neem oil microemulsion without cosurfactants or alcohols and a process to form the same
47 6,649,170 Full-Text Adjuvant combinations for immunization composition and vaccines
48 6,641,827 Full-Text Insecticide obtained from plants for use on termites
49 6,623,766 Full-Text Process for insecticidal formulation effective in controlling malarial vector, mosquitoes
50 6,599,541 Full-Text Composition for treatment of drug resistant bacterial infections and a method of treating drug resistant bacterial infections

Except two or three patents most of them are found in ancient medical treatise of Atraya, Charaka , and many Siddha literature..
In south India Neem is a Holy tree believed to be bode of Goddess Sakthi and used for curing various ailment including smallpox and measles etc.. When I was 10 year old affected by smallpox and to be on bed of neem leaves (every day my grand father bring load of neem leaves from nearest tree and made bed, old leaves are burned to ground.. this saved my life,though my hearing affected, i was thankful to GOD that he spared my life and my face (after I was cured neem past was applied fevery day so my scare could disappear..
unless India and China united in this cases (many chinese ancient medicines also patented ) calamity will fall on the Asian economics and certainly India will have to affected more than Chinese..

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Just go to USPTO website click advanced search..Term1 type 'turmeric' Term2 type medicine leave other two fields to 'all' you got what you want..
neem link is here

noob

Cyborg Agent
gr8 post...*respect to OP*

@OP : can you check if we have patent for number ZERO (0) ?

but US patents are applicable to US ?
is this USPTO global and applicable to India ? ?

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
gr8 post...*respect to OP*

@OP : can you check if we have patent for number ZERO (0) ?

but US patents are applicable to US ?
is this USPTO global and applicable to India ? ?

My friend! your question need atleast 500 hundred pages answer..Just google 'GATT' TRIPS and Uruguay Round.. instead of understanding the Patent Regime that the USPTO is leading now, India is just one step away to become Vassal state/ or more accurately slave state of USA..(if we enforce the TRIPP the only one who will rake the moolah is both Ambanis and Tatas .

under the agreement USPTO patent can be enforceable even in India..presently it is used to score only in USA and EU most of the developing nations are in disarray..
we need 'Anna' to fogus on this new danger.. let our politico wait..

yes we are the inventor of'Zero'.. But our invention are for the benefit of mankind well being.." sharing and caring" is what our 'forefathers' taught us. Materialism of western culture is eating our nation's wealth like cancer
vaithy

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I imagined bio-patents to work in a way where you have to pay someone in the states every time you want a liver transplant or something, nothing like turmeric or neem
some Idiot in australia managed to patent the wheel and fire, but that didnt really take him anywhere
patent trolling is a big issue tho, and the biggest companies indulge in it, usually the victor is anyone with more money backing their court cases, which is a good thing or a bunch of small companies would siphon out all the earnings of the big companies. its a big mess.
donno how this is going to affect us as we dont get our own regulation right till someone makes a big deal about it

Top Bottom