MSI R6850CYCLONE 1GB DDR5
CORSAIR HX650 PSU

When i connect with my CPU and MOBO
it gives beep
When i fill the slot with single ram
it just on but not getting display
when i fill all slots with rams it turns off with in 20 to 30 seconds
then i change the psu with local one ( UMAX 600)it works properly
what iam asking is is there any problem with my PSU or its OVER KILLING WATTAGE FOR TMY RIG

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Have you connected the 8 pin ATX connector to the motherboard?
If yes, and still this problem goes on, is time for a motherboard RMA.

doomgiver

Warframe
you must be connecting some power connector wrong or your PSU is dead. thats the only logical conclusion.

carefully check each connection, esp the ATX (both 20+4 and 8 pin) and the GPU connectors.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@d6bmg,
i hope you mean PSU RMA because his system is working fine with local 600w PSU.

@op,
if it is running fine with local 600w PSU then the problem is not with power consumption.so as suggested by others check all the cables and make sure you have attached correct one for 8 pin power not some other 8pin(like the GPU one).if you are still getting the problem then send it for RMA.

OP
veera_champ

veera_champ

Journeyman
i connect all the cables like 20+4 and 8 pin power connecter and 6pin GPU connector still the same problem and there is a deference between CORSAIR and local one instead of 8pin connector it has 4pin connector is it the problem?
do i connect with 4pin in CORSAIR
but i don't think PSU is dead when i switch on its spinning

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@d6bmg,
i hope you mean PSU RMA because his system is working fine with local 600w PSU.

Neah! There is no typo or error in my post. It is simple & clear. :p
If problem exists after the RMA of motherboard, then PSU (i.e. HX650) should be RMA'ed.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@veera_champ,
nope 4 pin or 8 pin its not a problem.local one comes with 4 pin and branded one comes with 8 pin which is better because it can provide better power and better power management. thats not a problem.so your setup works perfectly and stable with local psu.am i right?then better RMA your PSU.

@d6bmg,
i didn't get you buddy.his system appears to be working perfectly with local PSU so there shouldn't be any problem with the mobo and we can confirm that the culprit is PSU itself.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
kaizen infotech handles corsair RMA and hopefully you should get your PSU back within 1 week or 10 days.first i guess you have to fill the RMA in their website after that they will help you with the things which needs to be done.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
ok then i am going to buy another one should i go for CORSAIR GS600 or SEASONIC SII 620

No need to buy another PSU if the current one is under warranty. Just RMA it.
If you really insist, then GS600 is better choice between these two.

OP
veera_champ

veera_champ

Journeyman
when i registered RMA in their website the send me an e.mail

'' Dear Valued Corsair Customer,

Thank you for your patience. For your return,

Please also mark the RMA number clearly on your package, and ship your RMA to the following address:

Corsair Inc. ATTN: RMA Department
Unit B &C , 13th Floor, Tai Sang Container and Godown Centre
2-10 Cheung Fai Road, Tsing Yi, NT
Hong Kong
+852 2756 8118

Phone 510-657-8747

PACKAGING INSTRUCTIONS:

* DO NOT return any Corsair product in a standard mailing envelope! Please only use a padded envelope or proper fitting box.

* We strongly recommend using a carrier that will provide you with a tracking # and option for added insurance for your package. Any package that arrives empty will be returned to the sender. In addition, Corsair is not liable for any lost/stolen packages. Corsair will only replace the product which we physically receive.

* Please make sure your complete address is included within the package: first/last name, telephone # and complete return address. Be aware, some shipping stores do not include your contact details on the address label.

* Please include a copy of this RMA Confirmation with your shipment

CORSAIR REPLACEMENT SHIPMENT

* Once your package is received, Corsair will process your replacement order in 3-5 days.
All replacements will be shipped UPS Standard. Please allow 2-4 business days transit time for delivery.

We will inform you of any product delays or problems making a shipment within this time frame.

* All replacement orders are shipped at Corsair's expense via UPS services ''

am i supposed to ship it to HONG KONG
what should i do now

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
check this: Kaizen Infoserve Private Limited.

and this: *www.kaizeninfoserve.com/

call the toll free no for corsair service on the top of the page.. keep us updated.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@op,
buddy do as anirbandd has said.you don't have to ship it to canada. just call the toll free number they will ask you to ship it to Bangalore thats it.then they will get it from canada and will ship it to you.they have very good after sales support.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
when i registered RMA in their website the send me an e.mail
'' Dear Valued Corsair Customer,

Thank you for your patience. For your return,

Please also mark the RMA number clearly on your package, and ship your RMA to the following address:

Corsair Inc. ATTN: RMA Department
Unit B &C , 13th Floor, Tai Sang Container and Godown Centre
2-10 Cheung Fai Road, Tsing Yi, NT
Hong Kong
+852 2756 8118

Phone 510-657-8747

PACKAGING INSTRUCTIONS:

* DO NOT return any Corsair product in a standard mailing envelope! Please only use a padded envelope or proper fitting box.

* We strongly recommend using a carrier that will provide you with a tracking # and option for added insurance for your package. Any package that arrives empty will be returned to the sender. In addition, Corsair is not liable for any lost/stolen packages. Corsair will only replace the product which we physically receive.

* Please make sure your complete address is included within the package: first/last name, telephone # and complete return address. Be aware, some shipping stores do not include your contact details on the address label.

* Please include a copy of this RMA Confirmation with your shipment

CORSAIR REPLACEMENT SHIPMENT

* Once your package is received, Corsair will process your replacement order in 3-5 days.
All replacements will be shipped UPS Standard. Please allow 2-4 business days transit time for delivery.

We will inform you of any product delays or problems making a shipment within this time frame.

* All replacement orders are shipped at Corsair's expense via UPS services ''
am i supposed to ship it to HONG KONG
what should i do now

Just go to nearest Keizen Infoserve, and they will take care of everything for you.

OP
veera_champ

veera_champ

Journeyman
Yesterday I went to the nearest Keizen Infoserve, and they took the PSU and told me that they put on Observation after that we inform the status
And Today " they called me there is no problem with your PSU its working fine with us "
then what's wrong with me?:evil:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You should have done this before giving it to be sure if the psu is not able to self power or not. The newer PSU (Not sure of V2 series, but its there in AX series) doesn't boot the system if there's something wrong (VRMs maybe, not sure), whereas most older and cheap substandard power supply don't have such circuitry. I've seen this few times already where newer psu don't boot but it boots with older ones. Then again, the system crashed with older and good power supplies with stress testing on stock clock speed, wouldn't recommend doing so with a cheap substandard power supply or else it will kill your system for sure. You should have got a good psu from the start when you got the system.

Go to Kaizen and see if it boots. If it does, then there's nothing wrong with the power supply. Do the step above in your own house and plug it on the same plug where you connect your PC. If the fan spins, then there's something else which is wrong.

OP
veera_champ

veera_champ

Journeyman
I saw Corsair HX 650 working fine in KAIZEN SERVICE and my board working fine with another PSU which is local
i think CORSAIR HX650 it does't suitable to me

Top Bottom