What Documents do i need to make Indian Passport?

kool

Cyborg Agent
I dont know where to ask this question so I'm asking here..

Q. I want to make my passport. So, what should I do for making passport? How much charge for it? How many days it take? I've only these documents:

1) Driving License
2) 10th & 12th mark sheet
3)PAN CARD
4) UID CARD

Plz tell me what other documents do i need ?

Last edited:

techani

Journeyman
Re: ► What Documents do i need to make Indian Passport?

Refer to this site.
You will get all the info u need.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Birth certificate, ration card, electricity bill or telephone bill or bank statement for last month and last year as stay proof (otherwise get a certificate from college principal on letterhead stating that for last one year you are staying at the same place).

Photo should be like this:
*www.passportphotoaz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/canadian-passport-photo.jpg

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I don't know what happened to OP but I also am in a dilemma on the procedure to make my passport. I need to make my passport on urgent basis, so I am making my passport from Tatkaal method.

I just have one query for now.
Call me dumb but I am unable to decide whether I have to select "Yes" or "No" from the options for this category, "Are you eligible for Non-ECR category?" in passport form.

I have to make the passport to visit Houston, USA. If anyone can help, I would be much obliged. :|

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Call me dumb but I am unable to decide whether I have to select "Yes" or "No" from the options for this category, "Are you eligible for Non-ECR category?" in passport form.
|

Yes, as you are a degree holder. It simply means there will not be any ECR stamp on your passport.

Do confirm it from other persons too.

And for Tatkal passport, get these done:
1. *passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREF_vc_tatkaal.htm
2. *passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREI_std.htm
3. Any 3 of there including 1 with photo identitiy proof
(a) Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC);

(b) Service Identity Card issued by State/Central Government, Public Sector Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited Companies;

(c) SC/ST/ OBC Certificates;

(d) Freedom Fighter Identity Cards;

(e) Arms Licenses;

(f) Property Documents such as Pattas, Registered Deeds etc.;

(g) Rations Cards;

(h) Pension Documents such as ex-servicemen’s Pension Book/Pension Payment order, ex-servicemen’s Widow/Dependent Certificates, Old Age Pension Order, Widow Pension Order;

(i) Railway Identity Cards;

(j) Income Tax Identity (PAN) Cards;

(k) Bank/ Kisan/Post Office Passbooks;

(l) Student Identity Cards issued by Recognized Educational Institutions;

(m) Driving Licenses; and

(n) Birth Certificates issued under the RBD Act.

4. 2500 tatkal fee in cash

5. Also, write an application citing the reason for tatkal passport. You may have to talk with the head over there about it. He will approve the tatkal application.

I hope this helps

Remember to bring the original ones and do self attest the xerox ones (required in most cases)

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

And for Tatkal passport, get these done:
1. *passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREF_vc_tatkaal.htm
2. *passport.gov.in/cpv/ANNEXUREI_std.htm
3. Any 3 of there including 1 with photo identitiy proof

Thanks Faun. I think I will have to fill up Yes in that "Non-ECR" option.

Now.. I have one other but major doubt.

In my opinion 2nd thing is compulsory but there is a choice between 1 and 3. That is, there is a choice between,
1. Annexure F
and
3. Any 3 of the 15 documents listed above.

I deduce this from the page 7 and 12 of the "ApplicationformInstructionBooklet-V3.0.pdf" which I download from their website. (423.96 KB).

I hope this is the case.

Last edited:

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~

I don't know what happened to OP but I also am in a dilemma on the procedure to make my passport. I need to make my passport on urgent basis, so I am making my passport from Tatkaal method.

I have to make the passport to visit Houston, USA. If anyone can help, I would be much obliged. :|

Lol, I thought it was for railways only?
Don't forget Tatkaal charges

If you have this, forget Tatkal, you'll get an 'on the spot' passport with no documents, no proofs, in anyone's name you want, signed and certified by the PM/GM/AM/KM whatever M's are there.

*news.24by7info.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/indian-rupees-new.jpg

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Thanks Faun. I think I will have to fill up Yes in that "Non-ECR" option.

Now.. I have one other but major doubt.

In my opinion 2nd thing is compulsory but there is a choice between 1 and 3. That is, there is a choice between,
1. Annexure F
and
3. Any 3 of the 15 documents listed above.

I deduce this from the page 7 and 12 of the "ApplicationformInstructionBooklet-V3.0.pdf" which I download from their website. (423.96 KB).

I hope this is the case.
late reply but the time i applied for tatkal, got 1 and 2 prepared.

And showed pan card, driver's license and ration card. The person asked me for previous 1 year bank statement.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Lol, I thought it was for railways only?
Don't forget Tatkaal charges

If you have this, forget Tatkal, you'll get an 'on the spot' passport with no documents, no proofs, in anyone's name you want, signed and certified by the PM/GM/AM/KM whatever M's are there.

*news.24by7info.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/indian-rupees-new.jpg

:lol:

Well, that's not actually the case. Normal charge is Rs 1000. And Tatkal fee is Rs 1500. So, total comes to Rs. 2500.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~

:lol:

Well, that's not actually the case. Normal charge is Rs 1000. And Tatkal fee is Rs 1500. So, total comes to Rs. 2500.

Agent charges, chai paani, baccho ki padhai ka kharcha, entertainment tax, sales tax, tds, vat, mat, cat, rat, dog etc., add up to the costs.
Even I wish to make mine, but too busy with office these days.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

late reply but the time i applied for tatkal, got 1 and 2 prepared.

And showed pan card, driver's license and ration card. The person asked me for previous 1 year bank statement.

Yeah, you need to show One year bank transaction record for "Proof of Address" (Attachment Advisor)

But for Address proof, I will be submitting "Election Commission Photo ID card", which I think is "Voter ID card". (I hope so).

And btw, I went to Passport Seva Kendra only to return back empty handed, when I was informed that I had to take an appointment before hand, and that it's the "only" way now. So I came home, submitted form online and took an appointment for day after tomorrow.
Finger's crossed.

mrintech

Technomancer

Agent charges, chai paani, baccho ki padhai ka kharcha, entertainment tax, sales tax, tds, vat, mat, cat, rat, dog etc., add up to the costs.
Even I wish to make mine, but too busy with office these days.

:rofl:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

And btw, I went to Passport Seva Kendra only to return back empty handed, when I was informed that I had to take an appointment before hand, and that it's the "only" way now. So I came home, submitted form online and took an appointment for day after tomorrow.
Finger's crossed.

I thought you already knew this.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I thought you already knew this.

I did knew yeah. But everybody whom I asked suggested me to go directly to the office since I was going though tatkaal method. Even Ico did the same.
I am guessing rules were changed soon. :/

suresh123

Right off the assembly line

According to me

Driving License
10th class marksheet
Voter id
Police verification report

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

According to me

Driving License
10th class marksheet
Voter id
Police verification report

degree mark sheets too for non ECNR

Police verification report is usually done after applying for passport. In case of tatkal you get the passport within 7 days (as you furnish a certificate from some higher post officials which acts as temporary police verification) and police verification is done after that.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!

sorry for bumping the thread ...

is birth certificate compulsory..
do we need the original for it or is photocopy enough
am asking this because original birth cert. are mostly submitted at the first school joined

Top Bottom