What are the number of files in ubuntu-7.04-desktop-i386??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Guys, I downloaded Ubuntu 7.04 from Ubuntu server. It mentioned the size as 697.9MB. But the download it's size is only 545MB. I have a doubt that the download is corrupted resulting in incomplete download. Now before attempting again, I want to confirm from guys already having the download. Can you confirm the size of the iso image? How many files are there in it? Mine says 639 files.

amitava82

MMO Addict
dont remember exactly, but around 697MB.. never checked no. of files though... why don't use download manager?

Third Eye

gooby pls
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Guys, I downloaded Ubuntu 7.04 from Ubuntu server. It mentioned the size as 697.9MB. But the download it's size is only 545MB. I have a doubt that the download is corrupted resulting in incomplete download. Now before attempting again, I want to confirm from guys already having the download. Can you confirm the size of the iso image? How many files are there in it? Mine says 639 files.

You should download it via torrent

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
How do you see amount of files? WinRAR says just over-the-top view info of 8 folders and 11 files.

Anyways, here's the size stats ..

*img461.imageshack.us/img461/6102/sadfsadfsadfhu6.th.jpg

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Its definitely corrupted.. Instead of downloading it again, just use torrents and ask it to overwrite the corrupted file.. It will only download the parts that are missing, saving you both time and bandwidth :)

prasad_den

Padawan
Definitely corrupted dude...!! I downloaded it only today morning... and it is 697 MB...or 737,797,504 bytes..

Have been experimenting with it for the whole day.. so far its very good.. no problems at all.. And writing and reading the windows folders is very simple.. no issues at all.. (that was the major issue the last time I tried linux).. :D :D

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Thanks for all the replies.
I know that downloading from torrent is a better choice. But I am able to download it via torrent due to some reasons.
md5sum too is not working here for some stupid reasons.
But, I am sure that the download is corrupted becoz it abruptly ended during the last stages. This also is evident from the size of the download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom