[Praise] Western Digital External Hard Disk RMA quite a bumpy ride but nice ending!!

utkarsh73

Journeyman
My 1 TB WD My Passport Essentials SE got bad sectors after a year of purchase so I created an RMA online and pickup was arranged by WD for 4th july. After the hard drive reached their service center, there was no response from them for 10 days, so I called them and they reported they currently don't have the stock. They told to wait for another week.

I called them after a week and still there was no stock. Finally after 10 more days, on 31 July they sent me the replacement drive. It was My Passport Studio 1TB USB 2.0/Firewire drive while mine was a USB 3.0 drive. The drive was gorgeous with full aluminium extremely durable body but still, it was USB 2.0. So I obviously called them regarding the issue and they told me that they didn't had any USB 3.0 drive in the stock and created another RMA.

Once again, the drive was picked up from my home and just 3 days later, drive of exactly same model but different unit was sent to me. So again I made a phone call and they said the same "out-of-stock" story. They told me to keep using the drive and inquire about the availability after 10-15 days. If stock will be available, new RMA will be created and I can get the USB 3.0 drive.

I kept using the drive for 2 months and didn't bothered to RMA it. After 2 months I got bored by the drive and thought of replacing it. I created the RMA, drive was picked up and again the same product was dispatched by the service center. This time I called them before the product was even delivered to me. This time they told to keep the drive and a new USB 3.0 drive will sent to me and the courier guy will pickup the 2.0 drive when he will come to deliver the new one.

After a week, I received a brand new black coloured My Passport 2 TB hard drive!!!:-D:-D:-D. Even after holding the drive in my hands I couldn't believe it so I plugged it in my laptop and it really turned out to be 2 TB drive:-D:-D.

I really liked their RMA service. You don't even have to spend on shipping/courier charges as they arrange pickups from reputed courier services like BueDart or FedEx (BlueDart in my case) and the RMA can easily be tracked on their online portal. After hearing some heart-breaking Seagate RMAs, WD is the way to go as far as HDDs are concerned.....:toast:.

Alok

Adventurer
Hi hihi I have WD my passport its 1 TB is totally occupied ... now I need to wait for bad sectors. ..lol nice.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
i got a 500gb recertified drive...is it okay? in return of my blue 500gb, after a month and 200rs courier(my local computer shop pulled from me)

Top Bottom