Weird Thoughts Thread

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Have you seen The Kings speech ??
The speech therapist actually suggest the method . but how akward and uncomfortable it would be if people did it all the time ..

I am yet to watch The Kings Speech. On my watchlist within next week (probably).

Also added Les Miserables.

cutemug

Broken In
Interesting post and also the habit of writing them down sounds good!
I too always keep wondering or have questions at the back of my mind about such countless things,
(Some of them may sound silly, but they are curious questions nevertheless)
*Isn't it amazing that the thing we are thinking about/ruminating in our mind,
almost coincidentally comes in front of us, in some or the other form?:beady:
*I always wonder whether ricksha-wallas listen in to the passengers in the back seat and after listening in, what must they be thinking?:chinscratch:
*Why do the books,songs give us different connotations (exactly like the advice we need at that very moment in our life to help us out of the situation we are facing at that time) whenever we visit them in different phases of our life or in some moments?
Will mention more later...

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Interesting post and also the habit of writing them down sounds good!
I too always keep wondering or have questions at the back of my mind about such countless things,
(Some of them may sound silly, but they are curious questions nevertheless)
*Isn't it amazing that the thing we are thinking about/ruminating in our mind,
almost coincidentally comes in front of us, in some or the other form?:beady:
*I always wonder whether ricksha-wallas listen in to the passengers in the back seat and after listening in, what must they be thinking?:chinscratch:
*Why do the books,songs give us different connotations (exactly like the advice we need at that very moment in our life to help us out of the situation we are facing at that time) whenever we visit them in different phases of our life or in some moments?
Will mention more later...

Thanks for putting up your interesting/weird ideas too! Nice to read something coming out from other members!

1. It have happened to me too. I think its some kind of premonition. Or could be just coincidence.
2. Depends on if ricksha pullers are interested in one's conversations. Usually their life is a mess trying to earn food for two times.
3. Now that is something worth discussing. The way I think is, all the answers lie in front of us. But we don't see them until we are ready for it. We are constantly bombarded with stuff that is useful to us. But unless we are really listening and want to understand it, most of the things fly over our heads. It's called information overload. We in this age face a lot of them.

One other theory seems to be that, sometimes we already have a solution in our subconscious mind. And when we read some incident in book, or hear something from our friends, we kinda relate to it and sometimes it helps us in asserting our belief and take a decision. It's just like somebody showed us a sign. And it happens a lot to those who are willing to see the signs.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
One other theory seems to be that, sometimes we already have a solution in our subconscious mind. And when we read some incident in book, or hear something from our friends, we kinda relate to it and sometimes it helps us in asserting our belief and take a decision. It's just like somebody showed us a sign. And it happens a lot to those who are willing to see the signs.

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cutemug

Broken In
Thanks for putting up your interesting/weird ideas too! Nice to read something coming out from other members!

1. It have happened to me too. I think its some kind of premonition. Or could be just coincidence.
2. Depends on if ricksha pullers are interested in one's conversations. Usually their life is a mess trying to earn food for two times.
3. Now that is something worth discussing. The way I think is, all the answers lie in front of us. But we don't see them until we are ready for it. We are constantly bombarded with stuff that is useful to us. But unless we are really listening and want to understand it, most of the things fly over our heads. It's called information overload. We in this age face a lot of them.

@3rd point: Exactly! I too completely believe that when we are ready, the information which is necessary for us at that point in time, is revealed to us, in subtle manner. We should be receptive enough to understand the signs :)
But the unnecessary information just tires the mind at the end of the day.

Top Bottom