WD My passport essential se 1tb for 5800

sarathsnair

Journeyman
Guys,
i am planning to buy wd my passport essential SE 1TB USB3.0 from eBay.in at a price of 5800/- Is this a good deal ? I am going to buy next week.
I heared that Thailand flood cause HDD price increase. So is it a good deal or wait till the price decrease. ?
i also heared that the normal rate of HDD will come to market only after 6 months to 1 year.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
have you checked flipkart & letsbuy? they may have same drive for less. check on them before going for ebay deal.

Krow

Crowman
Not really. The deal seems fine. I got the same drive for 5.1k a few months ago. But that was before prices went up due to Thailand floods and dollar value fluctuation.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The current price of Seagate and WD External USB 3.0 1Tb drives are more than 6k - only Toshiba is available around ~5.5k.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but most of the sellers are smart enough to take the advantage of recent price hike ;-)

rajendran.bits

Right off the assembly line
Just wait for few more days.. I bought it for 4.6k in flipkart 2.5 months ago.. after that suddenly the price increase to 4999.. and now its 6.7k... Just want and buy... anything above 5 ill be over priced....:mrgreen:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think the wait will be for few more months to get some price reduction on HDD prices ;-)

Top Bottom